Randy Shannon, Florida head football coach

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I have been very impressed with Shannon's media interactions so far. He has been single minded in messaging...no matter the question related to Mac or the coaching change he turns the focus back to The University of Florida and its players. No behind the scenes info on what things used to be like or what he will change, just promoting the team, the program and the players. I'm sure the media members would like more substantive information on "then versus now" (so would I) but he has not taken the bait in a single interview that I've read.

He is to be commended for controlling the message in a clear and eloquent fashion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He looks that much better compared to the amazingly incomprehinsible interactions the previous hc had.

Last edited:

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Never thought I'd say this, but the guy is pretty impressive early on as interim HC. We'll see how the team responds to him at Mizzou, but he's kind of a breath of fresh air. I see there's a couple of other Shannon threads so if the mods think this needs to be merged, go for it. Cheers.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/11/5-questions-randy-shannon/

"Q: How crazy has this last week been?

A: I can’t worry about what happened last week to be honest with you. The only thing I see is Missouri. What happened in the past, I can’t change it. I’ve just got to move forward. If you want to talk about Missouri, we can, but in the past, I can’t change any of those things right now."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sounds like typical coachspeak to me....we'll find out by watching the team particularly in the 2nd and 3rd quarters since we've seen no fire from them all season in these quarters....just don't be fooled by the first 5 or 10 minutes of the game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I like Randy and think he is a good assistant coach, etc., but he has proven to be a terrible head coach. However, he may turn out to be a great interim head coach. There is proof that can happen. Look no further than the SEC. Ogre was a very good interim head coach twice in his career and I still think he is a terrible full time head coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ogre was a very good interim head coach twice in his career and I still think he is a terrible full time head coach.
You know, I think Ogre can be ok so long as he keeps Canada or another elite OC and lets them do their thing.

Of course, there are already rumors of Canada getting a HC gig.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Unless Shannon had the magical ability to make the players give a sh*t, today was always going to go like this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you do that with this roster. Youre always going to have a TE or back on a LB and our LBs arent Div1 players for the most part.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Lets face facts here...Randy Strong couldn't coach a roster full of S.FL. 4 and 5 star recruits when he was at UM....What made anyone think he would do any better with our cast of 3 stars?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We're playing Mizzerable, Muschamp, a directional school and an all-women's college the rest of the way.

Any coach can do it. :whistle:

Blowout to Mizzoooooo in books, blowouts to the chimp and the azznoles to finish the trifecta. This has got to be the most gutless, nutless, hopeless collection of dirtbags to every wear the orange and blue. Beyond pitiful - DISGUSTING.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This has got to be the most gutless, nutless, hopeless collection of dirtbags to every wear the orange and blue. Beyond pitiful - DISGUSTING.

They should be forced to wear those god-awful camo uniforms they loved so much for the rest of the season. They don't deserve to wear a REAL Gator uniform anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator