Randy Shannon post-game and MONDAY presser

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
After being early last Monday, Randy is nearly 15 minutes late.

Maybe still watching game film.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's more than that....I thought the players would get a boost just from Mac being run out of town on a rail and not stinking up the sidelines. I was hopeful that they really didn't like that dolt the whole time and would show it by playing with some enthusiasm. All the distractions were gone and they could just play loose, strong football the rest of the year without any pressure.

Boy was I wrong. They must have really loved themselves some Mac, and it showed. They displayed the kind of fighting spirit he's always represented. Mac was probably proud of what he saw from a distance.

After seeing that, the new coach has some serious work cut out for him. We showed we are YEARS away and need a complete turnover of the roster to compete against UGA and Bama. Not just talent, but attitude. All of those boys have been brainwashed by Butters.

Part of me even wondered if prospective coaches were scared off after seeing that performance. Some of them may even be thinking the Nebraska job doesn't look so bad after all.

They loved Mac because he coddled them. There is zero toughness to this team because there was zero toughness in the head coach. Mac was a whinny loser that was more worried about what people thought of him than actually doing a good job. He's like a parent that is more interested in having his like him than actually parenting them. He's soft so they are soft, and I hope the next guy is able to toughen these wusses up.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'm nearly tempted to go back and watch the game myself in attempt to discern what Shannon could have possibly seen for him to have that opinion.

Nah.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon trying to get fired before the FSU game lol. Zaire as the starter again is complete bull****

Had started a thread asking if it even mattered who started. The answer is no. It doesn’t matter. With numbnuts calling plays, nobody will be successful.

And he’s not going anywhere. Who would call plays?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Very soft presser. On Reeses, I figured he would say he was proud of him and we all need to nut up and do better. Not even close.

But he does an excellent job of pushing the Florida brand

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire back as starter makes no long-term sense whatsoever.

I actually think it does. Sit him and let him see the game from the sideline. Don’t let Nuss damage him further.

When we bring in a real coordinator and a real QB mentor/coach, they can put him back in the game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Had started a thread asking if it even mattered who started. The answer is no. It doesn’t matter. With numbnuts calling plays, nobody will be successful.

And he’s not going anywhere. Who would call plays?
Tebow

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Listened to Shannon's presser. That presser has changed my mind, now I think there should be no chance in hell he should stay on this staff

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's hard to believe it's only been a week since Butters was cut loose....

ChompionOfLife

Nov 3, 2017
I actually think it does. Sit him and let him see the game from the sideline. Don’t let Nuss damage him further.

When we bring in a real coordinator and a real QB mentor/coach, they can put him back in the game.

That's the only reason I could see for it, and even then it's a question of whether protecting Franks while depriving him of experience and potentially hurting his confidence is more beneficial overall.

Benching Franks also plays into the narrative that he sucks, but that's a whole 'nother rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.