Ranking the SEC’s head coaches entering spring practice

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know how you rank Butters ahead of Band Boy and Bert after those humiliating losses.

The list SHOULD be called Saban and a bunch of useless shytheads.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What's crazy is that the coaches that probably would have been #2 and #3 (Miles and Richt) were both fired.

Based on previous success I'm not sure that you could have anybody above either other than Saban. The fact that McElwain is #2 just further cements that point.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know how you rank Butters ahead of Band Boy and Bert after those humiliating losses.

The list SHOULD be called Saban and a bunch of useless shytheads.
The Coaches in the SEC, other than Saban, are putrid. It's a disgrace actually. The Saban effect is real.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
What a stupid article. Of course Saban is king. Duh.

It is just a joke to put Smart and Orgeron so far down the list. Just look at their recruiting, for example. LSU and Georgia are going to be good this year.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a stupid article. Of course Saban is king. Duh.

It is just a joke to put Smart and Orgeron so far down the list. Just look at their recruiting, for example. LSU and Georgia are going to be good this year.

Orgeron has historically been a mediocre coach. Smart is just an unknown.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It should be more notably called "the King Dwarf and the other coaches". What I think is hilarious is Mullen and Freeze being ranked where they are. Honestly you can put all of them other than Saban in a bag and mix them all up. The only reason at this point Mac is #2....due to winning the east the last two years. So that tells me if you're other than Saban, you're way behind.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I said it during the season and seeing that list just makes one cringe, but the reason the SEC is not head and shoulders above the other leagues anymore in football is b/c it is LITTERED with horrendous coaches. When you can name 6 or 7 very good to great coaches in a league like the Big 10 and only 1 in the SEC, you know there is a problem. Those cast of characters would not be good head coaches in a Pop Warner league.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I Heard those Bama players, ashamed of Saban tootling around the practices in his ragged old golf cart, so they chipped in and bought him a Roomba.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Orgeron has historically been a mediocre coach. Smart is just an unknown.
He if he creates anything approaching a mediocre offense, he will be an improvement over Grasseater.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said it during the season and seeing that list just makes one cringe, but the reason the SEC is not head and shoulders above the other leagues anymore in football is b/c it is LITTERED with horrendous coaches. When you can name 6 or 7 very good to great coaches in a league like the Big 10 and only 1 in the SEC, you know there is a problem. Those cast of characters would not be good head coaches in a Pop Warner league.
It's due to one reason...Nick Saban. Everyone worth a sh*t has either left for an easier path or been fired because they couldn't get over the hump...the hump being Bama.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

If the Big10 is littered with so many "good to great" coaches, why did they go 3-6 in Bowl Games while the SEC went 6-6.
*NC game not included

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Let me see if I have this right: a recent middle of the pack mid-major MWC coach is now the second-best coach in the mighty SEC. Is there any wonder why SEC football isn't what it used to be?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC has never been this bad. The coaches have never been this bad. The teams have never been this bad. The league is full of a bunch of time of possession stone age offense neantherthal clones.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC has never been this bad. The coaches have never been this bad. The teams have never been this bad. The league is full of a bunch of time of possession stone age offense neantherthal clones.
Do you agree it's because of Nick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.