Ranking top 10 games of the 2017 NCAA Tournament: UNC-Kentucky not quite No. 1

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You know what number 1 is of course:

Because of the overtime factor and because this was the only true buzzer-beater of the 2017 tournament, and because the buzzer-beater was a full-court situation with a memorable sequence , I have to put this one ahead of UNC-UK. Chris Chiozza’s winner was a top-10 moment for me, ever, at a basketball game.

Remember, this was do-or-die. If Luke Maye’s shot misses, UNC and UK go to overtime. Florida was down two when “Cheese” hit cheddar. It’s the most memorable shot in program history.

Here is the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...rnament-unc-kentucky-thriller-not-quite-no-1/

To me it is pretty bold calling that shot the most memorable in program history.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Florida vs Wisky and it's not even close.

I would say Cheese, Miller's buzzer beater, Parson's 3/4 court shot, and Lee's net ripping 3 are the most memorable for me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're the Champions of the NCAA Tournament highlights!
:stars:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Florida vs Wisky and it's not even close.

I would say Cheese, Miller's buzzer beater, Parson's 3/4 court shot, and Lee's net ripping 3 are the most memorable for me.

To me the most memorable and important UF basketball shots ranked in order are:

1. Corey Brewer's shot that locked up the win against Georgetown that led to the first NCAA tourney title.

2. Mike Miller's layup against Butler than led to UF's run to the final game.

3. Chris Chiozza buzzer beater to beat Wisconsin in the round of 16.

4. Lee Humphrey's 17 footer to beat UAL in OT in the 2004 SEC tourney. Had that shoot fallen, I wonder if Humphrey would have become the confident shooter he bacame and I wonder if Donovan would have developed the confidence in him he did.

5. Parson's 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat SoCar that same year as the shot against NCSU you mention. A 3/4 court heave is not really a shot so I discount it a bit.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
To me the most memorable and important UF basketball shots ranked in order are:

1. Corey Brewer's shot that locked up the win against Georgetown that led to the first NCAA tourney title.

5. Parson's 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat SoCar that same year as the shot against NCSU you mention. A 3/4 court heave is not really a shot so I discount it a bit.

How could I forget Corey's shot.

That SC game should have never come down to Parson's shot. Downey double dribbled so badly and the refs missed it. But 2 in one year is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.