Rape culture is a myth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by divits, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,772
    Ratings:
    +6,032 / -162
    Who hasn't "missed" in that position after a few drinks....

• daytonacane

Oxbucks:
      $321
      Ratings:
      +591 / -8
      The 1st girl in the video totally discredited herself when she stated that Kavanaugh raped. To me, rape is penatration and she totally felt he was guilty without any proof whatsoever. That is scarey. Secondly, she wanted the narrator removed from campus as she did not agree with him. This country is no way promotes rape and thankfully we require proof of crimes. However, that being said, there are times that money can get you out of trouble.

I recall the Willie Smith (Ted Kennedy's nephew) rape trial. Ted hired a private eye (good friend of mine) in Orlando to dig up dirt on her. Apparently she was promiscuous and there was enough to sway the jury in Willie's favor.

• GatorTruth133

GatorTruth133 UF Law Grad
        Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
        $485
        Ratings:
        +684 / -0
        1. Yep. Penetration is required for rape until people successfully get it changed
        2. As I told my friend, no one (Lena Dunham) would ever lie (Mattress Girl) about rape (Rolling Stone UVA case) so there is no reason for this girl to think proof would be needed. Lying about rape is a myth (Brian Banks' accuser) and that bull**** right wing extremist conspiracy novel, To Kill A Mockingbird, was written just for the Patriarchy to stay in power!
        :lies:

• NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR Deep Behind Enemy Lines

Oxbucks:
          $440
          Ratings:
          +442 / -39
          The issue with false allegations is it really hurts the actual cases.

Pedophilia, Abuse, Rape...is awful but being falsely accused is just as damaging.

BUT the media can't see this. Just see how hard it is to get your reputation back after being falsely accused?

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,581
          Ratings:
          +5,427 / -26
          Still waiting for an explanation as to why rape culture exists on liberal college campuses. :waiting:

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $4,258
            Ratings:
            +12,305 / -48
            I sure hope you didn't change any plans so that you could wait for an answer from our liberal buds. I've asked coach at least twice what he thinks "rape culture" means and just like the people in that video he can't come up with an answer.

• Squigator

Squigator New Member

Oxbucks:
              $18
              Ratings:
              +13 / -1
              This is the new rape culture:

Two Students Hooked Up. It Was Clearly Consensual. He Still Spent $12,000 Defending Himself.

Fake news, fake rape, fake assault........fake Americans

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $4,258
              Ratings:
              +12,305 / -48
              When I was at UF I had a close call with a wacky chick one time that if it were to happen today no telling how it would have turned out.

It happened during a party at my fraternity house. It was a dance party that was still going on at around 1 AM and I was just chilling by myself standing by the keg watching the goings on. I'd been drinking but was far from being drunk. A group of girls came in from a sorority where I worked as a waiter (great gig). I knew some of them pretty well and a couple just in passing. They'd all been drinking but weren't falling down drunk.

Much to my surprise one of the girls who I knew in passing came right up to me and started coming on really strong. I mean really strong. She started unbuttoning my shirt, saying very suggestive stuff and making it very clear that she wanted to get to know me better. This really was kind of a shock to me because of the abruptness of it all, the fact that we barely knew each other and that it was my understanding that she had a boyfriend that she had been with for a while. I also was aware of some feelings by some of the other girls that she was a drama queen and a bit nutty. But of course as a 19 year old red blooded male that stuff was the farthest thing from my mind. Right then all I was thinking about was that some good looking girl was talking dirty to me and trying to undress me in the middle of a room full of other people dancing all around us.

People noticed what was going on and though I wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I didn't feel comfortable having other folks giggling at us and talking. So I suggested we go somewhere a little more private which ended up being a spare room in the back of the kitchen. She happily agreed. So there we were making out on a couch and I was getting all the "Buy" signs. So when the time came to close the deal I was shocked to say the least when out of the blue this chick says, "John? Where are we?". o_O John was the guy who I thought used to be her boyfriend. So I sat back and looked at her and said, "Say what???" And she starts saying stuff like "Where am I? How did I get here? What's going on?" etc.. I just stared at her a second and then all the stories that I'd heard about her now started coming back to me and I just laughed and shook my head. I said we'd best get dressed and get you back to your girlfriends because I sure as $h!t didn't want to walk this fruitcake home. Mind you that, again, she wasn't that drunk and she was perfectly lucid up until "go" time.

Anyway, turns out she hadn't broken up with her boyfriend but they'd had a fight because he was flirting with other girls or something. I'm not sure what her motivation was to go after me but I guess she got cold feet right at the last minute. And this is where the #metoo angle comes in. She was deathly afraid of her boyfriend hearing about the whole thing so she started accusing me of taking advantage of her and in essence forcing her into that back room and doing things she didn't want. Which was total un-adulterated bull$h!t. She told this story to the girls in her sorority and those who weren't there believed the worst of me. That was until the truth came out and the eyewitnesses to it all came to my defense and told the true story. And she had even told her friends on the way home that nothing had happened and they knew that she hadn't been with me long enough for much to have happened. Faced with her own sorority sisters not believing her she stopped with the accusations and changed her story that she was too drunk to remember anything and dropped it. Needless to say no telling what could have happened to me if she continued to tell lies and took it farther to save her relationship with her boyfriend.

Moral of the story, crazy chicks may be good in the sack but there can be a very steep price to pay.

#68 divits, Oct 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM
              Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM
              • Squigator

Squigator New Member

Oxbucks:
                $18
                Ratings:
                +13 / -1
                I met this sweet girl that groped me the first night we met. I've been married to her for over 25 years now.

A little grope floats my boat!

• Squigator

Squigator New Member

Oxbucks:
                  $18
                  Ratings:
                  +13 / -1
                  I told my 18 year old son what it means. Either get a signed release before sex or a video of her on top during sex as additional protection. :stickpoke:

• Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $867
                  Ratings:
                  +1,471 / -11
                  I had a friend tell me that prostitutes were cheaper in the long run if you added up and compared all the money spent and aggravation.:dunno:

• Tay Bang

Tay Bang Impending Mean Girl

Oxbucks:
                    $1,304
                    Ratings:
                    +1,580 / -50
                    It’s not even close.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $2,350
                    Ratings:
                    +4,664 / -93
                    The rule of the four Fs

• ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix Feeling the Buzz
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $1,472
                      Ratings:
                      +8,899 / -188
                      I don't remember exactly when or where but a while back at a tailgate, corch raped me on a couch he found.

• Tay Bang

Tay Bang Impending Mean Girl

Oxbucks:
                        $1,304
                        Ratings:
                        +1,580 / -50
                        Couch is pretty sharp given his extensive life experiences. I imagine he has a signed and executed consent form in his possession.

• ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix Feeling the Buzz
                          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                          $1,472
                          Ratings:
                          +8,899 / -188
                          No consent form. But I remember him saying that he wanted to get his love juices on it before he gave it to his hot neighbor.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $623
                            Ratings:
                            +6,493 / -403
                            OMG.......was that you.............but you were so purty............I cannot stop laughing MW............im blaming BNA and the potency of his mixology skills............

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                            $4,258
                            Ratings:
                            +12,305 / -48
                            Yet not sharp enough to answer even some basic questions like what "rape culture" means and if we live in a rape culture. You know, the topic of this thread.

• Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
                              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                              $867
                              Ratings:
                              +1,471 / -11
                              I recently spoke to a female friend, and she brought this up, who said "What female doesn't get felt up and have to fend off unwanted passes at fifteen? It's part of growing up and learning about sexuality". We had a good laugh about our clumsy teenage years.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
                                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                                $623
                                Ratings:
                                +6,493 / -403
                                I answered in one thread. Sharp enough to know when to let something go. Basic questions like what rape culture means? WTF is my opinion on something so important. When ever someone post here against the grain its like a pack of wild dogs on that lame baby wildebeest. And you wonder why people like LB finally go somewhere else. Take a chill pill once in awhile.