Ray Rice RELEASED from team: New video shows what a real tough guy looks like

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Seems like in both the sports culture and entertainment culture this sort of behavior is tolerated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, are we pretending that Ray Rice is the only NFLer to beat his woman, is that what we are doing?

I think every one of the woman-beaters should be cut. Those would be some funny rosters, huh?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Haven't viewed the video. saw photo of the 2 at presser on yahoo news. Maybe it was just the shot. However, she has that beaten down ( literally) scared to leave him look. Don't kid yourself. He has most likely threatened to kill her or have her or family killed And every woman has said the emotional abuse is even more damaging to them. You can't assume she is intact enough to actually leave either.

Yes, there usually is a lot of ambivalence, However, I gotta say, just from the still photo, she does not look ambivalent.

I worked at one of the first crisis centers for battered women in the country. Many abusers make death threats. Most will not carry through with them. However, this is not a man, who by all accounts is remorseful.

There were a couple of instance I knew of, in which women had to relocate across the country, or abusers chained their families, or in one case brought the wife to the office with a broken jaw to flaunt his power. I wasn't there that day I am aware of local law enforcement in their small towns forcing women whose children were being abused back to the home, and social services would not intervene because the woman ( who was chained at the time of appt) didn't show for appointments.

Many abusive men ( or women) were abused as children, are carrying internalized rage, low self esteem, insecurity, from various things and explode on the safest people- family., And regret it later, but the pattern continues. Many learned this is acceptable also and don't' respect women.

Some are very mentally disturbed, and some are criminal type enttiled a holes.

There actually are some therapeutic approaches that work for abusers- depending on the specific person and the patterns. One of the early ones that seemed to be working involved learning to be emotionally intimate with men ( not business or sports talk) Key factor in change is acknowledging that it is happening and is unacceptable combined with a desire to stop responding that way. There is a lot of choice involved in abuse, but also for some, some strong physicological prompts that need to be recognized and altered. I include this, because I think it important to realize most abusive people are not merely monsters. Almost all the emotionally or sometimes physically/sexually abused male children that came in were set up to become abusers later. And the stories the women told about their partners life were worse than these kids. It really has generational components. The other surprise for me, was that what often caused the women to leave was discovering the sons were being sexually fondled by their spouse. ( these were women without financial resources mostly, so leaving was a huge step.

I agree spousal and family violence should be labeled assault or battery. Why is it OK to be violent with your family when it is illegal elsewhere? The roots of accepting this go back centuries.

.Sadly the nfl response is reminiscent of the special classification of non action that was given to physical crimes against family as late as the late 70's. It has been discouraging the last year ( winston rape case public and institutional responses and now this) to see how engrained the no big deal attitude is toward "domestic abuse".

OTOH, the culture, and the legal/judicial system have become much more aware and non accepting of family violence compared with the 50s, for instance.

Sorry for the discourse.
Some females like those types of guys - they love the drama and will not stay with a guy who isn't really controlling and see other normal guys as boring to them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell dez Bryant was beatin his momma

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n45967 said:
Rice is clearly guilty of assault. Why wasn't he arrested? New Jersey law does not require the victim to press charges if there is other evidence a crime was committed. Thus a-hole is lucky he isn't locked up and protecting his fart hole right now.

And THIS is why I've missed you posting

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy said:
On Cowherd this morning, Tim Hasselback said that if it is proven that Goodell actually did see this video prior to giving the 2 game suspension and he has lied about it then he absolutely should lose his job. I tend to agree.
Yep. He should immediately be removed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy said:
On Cowherd this morning, Tim Hasselback said that if it is proven that Goodell actually did see this video prior to giving the 2 game suspension and he has lied about it then he absolutely should lose his job. I tend to agree.
He should be canned.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
More to come...TMZ says they have proof the NFL knew about said video. Goodell is going to be in full crisis mode. It will probably be explained away as they had an admission of guilt by Rice and didn't need to see the video. Ouch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n45925 said:
She stayed with him bc of the paycheck. Now that is gone we will see what happens.

Is my recollection way off, didn't they get married quick after the knockout incident ?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
Gatoravatara;n45925 said:
She stayed with him bc of the paycheck. Now that is gone we will see what happens.

Is my recollection way off, didn't they get married quick after the knockout incident ?
I think within a month.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So she got herself 50% cut for her future. And he avoided her pressing serious charges with perfect compelling
video evidence. If he's out of football earning the blah 9 to 5 how sweet will their love be ?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
OK, I've seen the video instead of just one photo, and I don't think that is a terrified woman.- at all. Women who fear for their lives don't strike out in anger when it's not self defense. And yes, speaking of drama, Gator Fever, she appears to be very much ia part of the aggressive dynamic aspect of the relationship,.

Doesn't the length of time of marriage for 50% vary state to state.?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n46382 said:
OK, I've seen the video instead of just one photo, and I don't think that is a terrified woman.- at all. Women who fear for their lives don't strike out in anger when it's not self defense. And yes, speaking of drama, Gator Fever, she appears to be very much ia part of the aggressive dynamic aspect of the relationship,. Doesn't the length of time of marriage for 50% vary state to state.?
Pretty amazing what video can do to an opinion.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n46040 said:
Haven't viewed the video. saw photo of the 2 at presser on yahoo news. Maybe it was just the shot. However, she has that beaten down ( literally) scared to leave him look. Don't kid yourself. He has most likely threatened to kill her or have her or family killed And every woman has said the emotional abuse is even more damaging to them. You can't assume she is intact enough to actually leave either. Yes, there usually is a lot of ambivalence, However, I gotta say, just from the still photo, she does not look ambivalent. I worked at one of the first crisis centers for battered women in the country. Many abusers make death threats. Most will not carry through with them. However, this is not a man, who by all accounts is remorseful. There were a couple of instance I knew of, in which women had to relocate across the country, or abusers chained their families, or in one case brought the wife to the office with a broken jaw to flaunt his power. I wasn't there that day I am aware of local law enforcement in their small towns forcing women whose children were being abused back to the home, and social services would not intervene because the woman ( who was chained at the time of appt) didn't show for appointments. Many abusive men ( or women) were abused as children, are carrying internalized rage, low self esteem, insecurity, from various things and explode on the safest people- family., And regret it later, but the pattern continues. Many learned this is acceptable also and don't' respect women. Some are very mentally disturbed, and some are criminal type enttiled a holes. There actually are some therapeutic approaches that work for abusers- depending on the specific person and the patterns. One of the early ones that seemed to be working involved learning to be emotionally intimate with men ( not business or sports talk) Key factor in change is acknowledging that it is happening and is unacceptable combined with a desire to stop responding that way. There is a lot of choice involved in abuse, but also for some, some strong physicological prompts that need to be recognized and altered. I include this, because I think it important to realize most abusive people are not merely monsters. Almost all the emotionally or sometimes physically/sexually abused male children that came in were set up to become abusers later. And the stories the women told about their partners life were worse than these kids. It really has generational components. The other surprise for me, was that what often caused the women to leave was discovering the sons were being sexually fondled by their spouse. ( these were women without financial resources mostly, so leaving was a huge step. I agree spousal and family violence should be labeled assault or battery. Why is it OK to be violent with your family when it is illegal elsewhere? The roots of accepting this go back centuries. .Sadly the nfl response is reminiscent of the special classification of non action that was given to physical crimes against family as late as the late 70's. It has been discouraging the last year ( winston rape case public and institutional responses and now this) to see how engrained the no big deal attitude is toward "domestic abuse". OTOH, the culture, and the legal/judicial system have become much more aware and non accepting of family violence compared with the 50s, for instance. Sorry for the discourse.
One liquored up aggressive goldigger + One liquored up NFL baller. What could possibly go wrong?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
It will be interesting to see what the market for him is. If he can be had for cheap I'd bet on the patriots. If he's going to be able to get a decent contract I'd bet the Bengals or the raiders .
out of those three where did you get smoking weed? But it is nice to know that vehicler manslaughter is less than domestic violence.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
Haven't viewed the video. saw photo of the 2 at presser on yahoo news. Maybe it was just the shot. However, she has that beaten down ( literally) scared to leave him look. Don't kid yourself. He has most likely threatened to kill her or have her or family killed And every woman has said the emotional abuse is even more damaging to them. You can't assume she is intact enough to actually leave either.

Yes, there usually is a lot of ambivalence, However, I gotta say, just from the still photo, she does not look ambivalent.

I worked at one of the first crisis centers for battered women in the country. Many abusers make death threats. Most will not carry through with them. However, this is not a man, who by all accounts is remorseful.

There were a couple of instance I knew of, in which women had to relocate across the country, or abusers chained their families, or in one case brought the wife to the office with a broken jaw to flaunt his power. I wasn't there that day I am aware of local law enforcement in their small towns forcing women whose children were being abused back to the home, and social services would not intervene because the woman ( who was chained at the time of appt) didn't show for appointments.

Many abusive men ( or women) were abused as children, are carrying internalized rage, low self esteem, insecurity, from various things and explode on the safest people- family., And regret it later, but the pattern continues. Many learned this is acceptable also and don't' respect women.

Some are very mentally disturbed, and some are criminal type enttiled a holes.

There actually are some therapeutic approaches that work for abusers- depending on the specific person and the patterns. One of the early ones that seemed to be working involved learning to be emotionally intimate with men ( not business or sports talk) Key factor in change is acknowledging that it is happening and is unacceptable combined with a desire to stop responding that way. There is a lot of choice involved in abuse, but also for some, some strong physicological prompts that need to be recognized and altered. I include this, because I think it important to realize most abusive people are not merely monsters. Almost all the emotionally or sometimes physically/sexually abused male children that came in were set up to become abusers later. And the stories the women told about their partners life were worse than these kids. It really has generational components. The other surprise for me, was that what often caused the women to leave was discovering the sons were being sexually fondled by their spouse. ( these were women without financial resources mostly, so leaving was a huge step.

I agree spousal and family violence should be labeled assault or battery. Why is it OK to be violent with your family when it is illegal elsewhere? The roots of accepting this go back centuries.

.Sadly the nfl response is reminiscent of the special classification of non action that was given to physical crimes against family as late as the late 70's. It has been discouraging the last year ( winston rape case public and institutional responses and now this) to see how engrained the no big deal attitude is toward "domestic abuse".

OTOH, the culture, and the legal/judicial system have become much more aware and non accepting of family violence compared with the 50s, for instance.

Sorry for the discourse.
Unfortunitely Fever is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.