Ray Rice RELEASED from team: New video shows what a real tough guy looks like

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
What this just goes to show is how obsessed we are as a nation with these thugs because they can run fast or do things with a ball. Its despicable. I've ranted many times about how I hate the fact that we have folks just like this wearing our school colors and representing our university on game day.

Schools should have and enforce strict standards, both academic and behavioral. The NFL and other pro leagues should have similar standards. Instead, some guy does drugs or beats somebody up and he gets a slap on the wrist, a mere dent in his millions in salary. And to top it off, our society is so messed up that the resulting increase in name recognition might actually help said a-hole sell merchandise. Freaking joke.

Meanwhile, if I were busted with drugs or convicted of a felony, I would lose my ability to work in my profession permanently. It would cost me everything.
Talent regardless of field can cover up a lot of mistakes. Weither you are a doctor, developer, athlete, if you are one of the top .5% in your profession you can get away with a lot. The only difference is that these mistakes are public. The priviledge of position isn't just a professional athlete issue.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
What this just goes to show is how obsessed we are as a nation with these thugs because they can run fast or do things with a ball. Its despicable. I've ranted many times about how I hate the fact that we have folks just like this wearing our school colors and representing our university on game day.

Schools should have and enforce strict standards, both academic and behavioral. The NFL and other pro leagues should have similar standards. Instead, some guy does drugs or beats somebody up and he gets a slap on the wrist, a mere dent in his millions in salary. And to top it off, our society is so messed up that the resulting increase in name recognition might actually help said a-hole sell merchandise. Freaking joke.

Meanwhile, if I were busted with drugs or convicted of a felony, I would lose my ability to work in my profession permanently. It would cost me everything.
What's scary is the number of idiots calling in to radio shows trying to justify what he did? There seems to be some major cultural issues somewhere.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
divits;n45505 said:
NFL looking like a bunch of idiots. They're denying that they saw this video before today but I'm calling BS.

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/08/tmz-gr...is-girlfriend/

Rice deserves jail time and to miss the season then return if he goes through the proper channels and exams to see if he has changed. But there is no excuse for the Niners and Panthers to be playing their domestic violence stars. It is sad. NFL = National Felons League.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n48278 said:
Rice deserves jail time and to miss the season then return if he goes through the proper channels and exams to see if he has changed.
Exams? :lol: How do you determine if someone has "changed"?

Rice will never play again. NFL teams can't afford the PR hit to bring him in. He's also a RB, and they are a dime a dozen. He's done.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n48289 said:
Rice will never play again. NFL teams can't afford the PR hit to bring him in. He's also a RB, and they are a dime a dozen. He's done.

The social media lynch mob has successfuly lopped off another head... now back to your regular scheduled programming...

(Not that im defending him... but an internet mob mentality driving societal response is a very dangerous thing)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
oxrageous;n48289 said:

The social media lynch mob has successfuly lopped off another head... now back to your regular scheduled programming...

(Not that im defending him... but an internet mob mentality driving societal response is a very dangerous thing)
Is the mob wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.