Realistic timeline for the new hire

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
What is the consensus for a timeline to announce the new hire if in fact Strickland is getting underway as he should and landing his man? Do you think it will be done well before Dec. early signing day, and how much so seeing we are only a month out?
Also, does Stricklin make his move and lock his man up before any of the others around the conference make it official they are in the hunt? Arky, Aggies and UToothless are seemingly ready to make a move any day, and you would think that the Ol Miss AD has been reaching out for quite some time.
In the immortal words of our fearless leader: Discuss.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Stricky said nothing will be announced until end of reg season so start the clock then. Signing day is the 20th I believe. AAC Championship Game is Dec 2nd if that helps.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we may know on 26th after the regular season ends regardless of any championship games.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think we may know on 26th after the regular season ends regardless of any championship games.

I suspect that Stricklin is currently determining interest. So right now he is determining who would accept the job and who he would like to offer the job. Once Stricklin has a front runner, he will make sure he and that person's agent are on the same page in terms of money.

Then I think official contact will be made after the 26th as SD says. The candidate will probably sneak into Gainesville for a quick look around given the issues with the last hire. Then if both sides are still comfortable, I expect them to agree to make the announcement on the 4th of December, the day after the bowl matchup/playoff announcements.

So that would make the timeline:

30 October to 26 November: Determining interest and winnowing candidates

26 November to 3 December: Candidates visit campus and the UAA. Mutual agreement is reached with one candidate. It could be only one candidate visits.

4 December: The new UF football coach will be announced.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect that Stricklin is currently determining interest. So right now he is determining who would accept the job and who he would like to offer the job. Once Stricklin has a front runner, he will make sure he and that person's agent are on the same page in terms of money.

Then I think official contact will be made after the 26th as SD says. The candidate will probably sneak into Gainesville for a quick look around given the issues with the last hire. Then if both sides are still comfortable, I expect them to agree to make the announcement on the 4th of December, the day after the bowl matchup/playoff announcements.

So that would make the timeline:

30 October to 26 November: Determining interest and winnowing candidates

26 November to 3 December: Candidates visit campus and the UAA. Mutual agreement is reached with one candidate. It could be only one candidate visits.

4 December: The new UF football coach will be announced.

Been my thoughts too. Feel that regardless of Championship games it will be in full swing. Any coach wanting an upgrade (Frost) will not let a CG stand in his way. I am sure that Strick has already reached or reaching out to agents to gauge interest.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One thing is for sure. UToothless fans are in sad shape here. Bytch won last Saturday night and they worried he does not get fired this week. They also want Frost. Frost to UF for them is the death penalty.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm quite certain that Stricklin has already determined interest, and who he would like to offer the job. He had a front runner long before his press conference, who has mutual interest. It's all a matter of the money details now.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Need to hire her as the Strength and Conditioning coach. I bet the players show up. Rachel Balkovec - MLB Astros
balkovecedit.jpg

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
If what Stricklin said is true,

Then it's done or almost done with contracts about to be signed. We've got our guy, just no word til the season ends.

Seeing how important this season is for certain coaching prospects (Memphis, UCF, Oregon), UCFs bid for a perfect season seems the most important to not let distractions interfere with the end goal. If it were Memphis or Oregon, I think someone within their organization would let something slip by now seeing how a distraction wouldnt really derail anything (other than Memphis is playing for a division title). So maybe it could also be Norvell. If it were chip? No reason for secrecy.

Me thinks it's Frost and me thinks it's over and done with.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If what Stricklin said is true,

Then it's done or almost done with contracts about to be signed. We've got our guy, just no word til the season ends.

Seeing how important this season is for certain coaching prospects (Memphis, UCF, Oregon), UCFs bid for a perfect season seems the most important to not let distractions interfere with the end goal. If it were Memphis or Oregon, I think someone within their organization would let something slip by now seeing how a distraction wouldnt really derail anything (other than Memphis is playing for a division title). So maybe it could also be Norvell. If it were chip? No reason for secrecy.

Me thinks it's Frost and me thinks it's over and done with.
Me hopes you are correct!!!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
3D speculation is speculative. 3 more beat downs until we know for sure. However, I don't think that a contract has been signed. There would be no upside to keeping it quiet. The new coach (if on the "list") is already facing rumors/distractions. Why not confirm, confirm he's not coming until after bowls, and get on with it?

Btw.. It's Kelly and the SEC is the hold up. I read it on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator