Realistic timeline for the new hire

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If what Stricklin said is true,

Then it's done or almost done with contracts about to be signed. We've got our guy, just no word til the season ends.

Seeing how important this season is for certain coaching prospects (Memphis, UCF, Oregon), UCFs bid for a perfect season seems the most important to not let distractions interfere with the end goal. If it were Memphis or Oregon, I think someone within their organization would let something slip by now seeing how a distraction wouldnt really derail anything (other than Memphis is playing for a division title). So maybe it could also be Norvell. If it were chip? No reason for secrecy.

Me thinks it's Frost and me thinks it's over and done with.

I sure hope so!

What did you mean in the first sentence ("If what Stricklin said is true"?).

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I sure hope so!

What did you mean in the first sentence ("If what Stricklin said is true"?).
That there would be no leaks. There's really no reason for the other school to play by the same rules. So why have we not heard of ANYTHING? I would assume that's because the other school has a lot to play for and doesn't want any type of distraction.

So to me that's Frost or even possibly Norvell.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Need to hire her as the Strength and Conditioning coach. I bet the players show up. Rachel Balkovec - MLB Astros
balkovecedit.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect that Stricklin is currently determining interest. So right now he is determining who would accept the job and who he would like to offer the job. Once Stricklin has a front runner, he will make sure he and that person's agent are on the same page in terms of money.

Then I think official contact will be made after the 26th as SD says. The candidate will probably sneak into Gainesville for a quick look around given the issues with the last hire. Then if both sides are still comfortable, I expect them to agree to make the announcement on the 4th of December, the day after the bowl matchup/playoff announcements.

So that would make the timeline:

30 October to 26 November: Determining interest and winnowing candidates

26 November to 3 December: Candidates visit campus and the UAA. Mutual agreement is reached with one candidate. It could be only one candidate visits.

4 December: The new UF football coach will be announced.

I think this pretty much nails it. I am sure by now Stricklin knows who he wants and I certainly hope the conversation and negotiations are in place. The championship games won't effect talking to the coach, but it may impact the announcement. I just hope that if Frost is the guy he doesn't coach UCF until the bowl game... we need him talking to recruits!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think this pretty much nails it. I am sure by now Stricklin knows who he wants and I certainly hope the conversation and negotiations are in place. The championship games won't effect talking to the coach, but it may impact the announcement. I just hope that if Frost is the guy he doesn't coach UCF until the bowl game... we need him talking to recruits!

I'm going to agree w/ you on that...but unfortunately, I bet he'd do what Urban did w/ Utah - coach the game, while still trying to build the recruit class. Fortunately, he's in-state, so it's not hard to make calls or even make a couple of visits...and he'll be bringing plenty of his staff w/ him (from UCF) so they can recruit as well - or at least talk to recruits.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to agree w/ you on that...but unfortunately, I bet he'd do what Urban did w/ Utah - coach the game, while still trying to build the recruit class. Fortunately, he's in-state, so it's not hard to make calls or even make a couple of visits...and he'll be bringing plenty of his staff w/ him (from UCF) so they can recruit as well - or at least talk to recruits.

I agree... I imagine he would do that... and in reality is the right thing for him to do... close the year out and coach your final game. Luckily he is in Florida so he can do that and see recruits.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If UCF continues to win including their league championship game they will probably be in the College Football Playoffs! Would he wait until that is all over???

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I'm quite certain that Stricklin has already determined interest, and who he would like to offer the job. He had a front runner long before his press conference, who has mutual interest. It's all a matter of the money details now.

You can't drop that and not elaborate.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
That there would be no leaks. There's really no reason for the other school to play by the same rules. So why have we not heard of ANYTHING? I would assume that's because the other school has a lot to play for and doesn't want any type of distraction.

So to me that's Frost or even possibly Norvell.

That's why the only info that has leaked out has been by UCF guy Ryan Bass. Everything he's reported jives with everything Thomas Goldkamp has relayed, that Frost is clearly our guy, and that Frost has interest. That came out like Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. Other than that nugget, nothing else has really leaked. That'll change as November rolls on...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If UCF continues to win including their league championship game they will probably be in the College Football Playoffs! Would he wait until that is all over???

No. I would assume that it would be like the Urban Meyer hiring.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
No. I would assume that it would be like the Urban Meyer hiring.

I'd be fine with letting Frost coach them in the bowl, in the case we land Frost. You do whatever you can to get this guy, he is the real McCoy. Even if they win out, they won't sniff the playoffs. They'll play some team in like the Fiesta bowl, and hopefully they'll win, that'll help us in recruiting.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
That's why the only info that has leaked out has been by UCF guy Ryan Bass. Everything he's reported jives with everything Thomas Goldkamp has relayed, that Frost is clearly our guy, and that Frost has interest. That came out like Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. Other than that nugget, nothing else has really leaked. That'll change as November rolls on...
This is why I think Nebraska fans should be way more cautious than they are. They laugh at us for thinking we even have a 5% shot at him.

I think he's ours.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is why I think Nebraska fans should be way more cautious than they are. They laugh at us for thinking we even have a 5% shot at him.

I think he's ours.

I mean my god, his hot pregnant wife is about to give birth. Would you wanna pack up and move across the country to bum f*$% Nebraska or drive two hours north to your new mansion in a gated community? She's an Arizona girl, I'm sure she'd prefer the sunshine over shucking corn in a field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.