Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Captain winky! :lmao2:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I mean my god, his hot pregnant wife is about to give birth. Would you wanna pack up and move across the country to bum f*$% Nebraska or drive two hours north to your new mansion in a gated community? She's an Arizona girl, I'm sure she'd prefer the sunshine over shucking corn in a field.
He's a 3rd generation cornhusker I think so it's in the family. I could understand if he does from a personal perspective but it makes zero business sense

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He's a 3rd generation cornhusker I think so it's in the family. I could understand if he does from a personal perspective but it makes zero business sense

I wonder how you think it makes zero business sense?

They will pay as much as we would.

Their expectations might be a little lower.

Competition in the B10 is at least thought to be less than in the SEC.

A successful B10 coach is now on the hot seat at Ark.

Not to promote my thread but there is a detailed discussion by a Husker fan over at a rival site.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how you think it makes zero business sense?

They will pay as much as we would.

Their expectations might be a little lower.

Competition in the B10 is at least thought to be less than in the SEC.

A successful B10 coach is now on the hot seat at Ark.

Not to promote my thread but there is a detailed discussion by a Husker fan over at a rival site.

The issue is recruiting. You can drive in any direction from GVille and have tons of kids to recruit. Nebraska? Not so much. If he goes to NU, I would understand but UF is by far the better gig.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The issue is recruiting. You can drive in any direction from GVille and have tons of kids to recruit. Nebraska? Not so much. If he goes to NU, I would understand but UF is by far the better gig.

I agree but business to me means money and benefits, those will probably be very close to equal. If you are married do you like to have your family close? Would SOS go to say South Carolina if we wanted him? I sure hope we get him and that recruiting and his being happy in florida help.

I watched his last game and wonder if that offense is going to work that well in the SEC, they had trouble with a team we would schedule as a wimp.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
If UCF continues to win including their league championship game they will probably be in the College Football Playoffs! Would he wait until that is all over???

Zero chance they make the playoffs unless everyone else has 3 losses. Urban coaches utah while recruiting for us. I’m fine with that. Goal is to have Home signed after the regular season ends.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I watched his last game and wonder if that offense is going to work that well in the SEC, they had trouble with a team we would schedule as a wimp.

SMU is a pretty good team under Chad Morris. They, believe it or not, also have quality AAC talent. Oh, and they have 3 losses this season to 3 teams with a combined 4 losses. One is UCF, one is a small school no one has ever heard of named TCU, and one is Houston who has 2 losses to quality teams (Memphis and Texas Tech). SMU under Morris is hardly the poor UMass team that took Mullen to the edge with unequal talent.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm completely bereft of facts or meaningful insight, so I guess that makes my opinion about as valuable as the next guy's. But here goes: I will view the failure to make a hire from among the top two or three candidates (I like Frost), by the 2nd week in December, with deep concern. In my very humble opinion, that would signal a lack of interest on the part of anyone who can actually undo he mess we find ourselves in - or a lack of commitment by the school and the big money boys to do whatever is necessary to attract a top-tier coaching talent. I pray that neither of those unhappy eventualities comes to pass. We are teetering on the edge of oblivion. Ef this up, and I'm afraid our goose is irrevocably cooked.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

I really think this could be a factor in his choice. He could choose Florida, and recruit, and be home each night in his beautiful new home with his wife and newborn, or choose Nebraska, and be on an airplane all the time and away from his family. I hope he considers this. He seems very sharp, so I bet its crossed his mind.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
I mentioned this elsewhere but thought I would state it here too.

If I am wrong I will bring all of you liquid refreshments at our first home game next year. Frost is not coming. Pressure to win now is far to great versus UN. For the same money he will go to Lincoln, if he goes at all. Yes he is a rising star but rising stars that lose in the SEC become black holes. In Lincoln he will be the King with three to four years to put them in the top 10. Championships are not expected day one. Finally, he knows, the recruiting dynamic in Florida has shifted and evened out the last five years. More kids leaving and more that want to play NOW going to UCF, USF, UM ect.

Yeah and so can a half dozen other D1 programs in FLA.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

It may surprise some here, but our candidates consider themselves football coaches not football recruiters. All of them worth getting think they will be able to coach up the players they get better than others. They also think they can attract better players due to their better coaching than others.

I do agree at the margin a coach might think they have a better shot at a national title with UF's talent base. But as others have pointed out, you might have a better shot at making the playoff field other than in the SEC.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
It may surprise some here, but our candidates consider themselves football coaches not football recruiters. All of them worth getting think they will be able to coach up the players they get better than others. They also think they can attract better players due to their better coaching than others.

I do agree at the margin a coach might think they have a better shot at a national title with UF's talent base. But as others have pointed out, you might have a better shot at making the playoff field other than in the SEC.

You are wise

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
If Scott Frost is truly our man we need to sew this thing up now, time and moma calling can be a difficult combination. Also it wouldn't hurt to finish this and get out of the negative spotlight.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I mentioned this elsewhere but thought I would state it here too.

If I am wrong I will bring all of you liquid refreshments at our first home game next year. Frost is not coming. Pressure to win now is far to great versus UN. For the same money he will go to Lincoln, if he goes at all. Yes he is a rising star but rising stars that lose in the SEC become black holes. In Lincoln he will be the King with three to four years to put them in the top 10. Championships are not expected day one. Finally, he knows, the recruiting dynamic in Florida has shifted and evened out the last five years. More kids leaving and more that want to play NOW going to UCF, USF, UM ect.

Yeah and so can a half dozen other D1 programs in FLA.
Watch ou, they'll castrate you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.