Reason Grier transferred

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Really disappointed to hear. My initial reaction is the kid still has some growing up to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Guaranteed his father had something to do with it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
"Grier, a redshirt freshman, led the SEC in completion percentage (65.8) and was 5-0 as a starter this season"
I'm not so sure I wouldn't have told him anything he wanted to hear.....Chances are with our QB situation he would have been the starter before the end of the year anyway.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Grier, a redshirt freshman, led the SEC in completion percentage (65.8) and was 5-0 as a starter this season"
I'm not so sure I wouldn't have told him anything he wanted to hear.....Chances are with our QB situation he would have been the starter before the end of the year anyway.

His job is to also mentor and to some degree, raise these kids. Mac's response is a rational and responsible one.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This may be another sign that Del Rio is a baller. If he comes in and does the same thing Grier did (go undefeated in the first 6 games) how would Mac look if he benched him in favor of Grier, who ultimately broke the rules?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
His job is to also mentor and to some degree, raise these kids. Mac's response is a rational and responsible one.
Chances are Grier would be the best QB we will have next year...if not then pizz on him, it's only 1 year. Even guarantees have no guarantees.....I'm not buying this is the way it all went down anyway. The Slantinel is good at mixing up quotes and such to make a story. The only proof from the story I see is the fact that at the time of his dismissal Grier was the best QB in the conference...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This may be another sign that Del Rio is a baller. If he comes in and does the same thing Grier did (go undefeated in the first 6 games) how would Mac look if he benched him in favor of Grier, who ultimately broke the rules?
Very good point.

You've got to take a stand. You can't let any player dictate to you how things are going to be done. All that does is lead to animosity among the players and eventually leads to the demise of the team. Look no further than Meyer's last couple years as an example. I like the way Mac did it even if it means we have yet another so-so season.

BTW, Grier's dad had EVERYTHING to do with this.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Look at Texas A&M. QB's bailing. Wonder why? Did Sumlin lose their trust?

Mac can't make guarantees to players that he may not keep.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was this ever in doubt really? What else do you guys think "the Griers" demanded a meeting to discuss? Snacks in the lounge? Colors of the drapes in the dorms? Lack of true blondes at the bar scene?

Fvkk him. Good luck in junior college and sitting out til midway through 2017.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I guess at this point I'd like to see him at one of the acc Carolina schools and ruin the nole$ day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chances are Grier would be the best QB we will have next year...if not then pizz on him, it's only 1 year. Even guarantees have no guarantees.....I'm not buying this is the way it all went down anyway. The Slantinel is good at mixing up quotes and such to make a story. The only proof from the story I see is the fact that at the time of his dismissal Grier was the best QB in the conference...

He was the best quarterback over 5 games? He played New Mexico (who cares), ECU (got pulled), UK (not great), UT (1 quarter), Ole Miss (1 half), and Missouri (looked bad).

Lets not pretend he was lighting the world on fire against the best defenses in the SEC. Ole Miss was the best team he played. He floundered against Missouri and UK, neither of which were great teams.

New Mexico 88.2% 2-0 164 yds qtr 208.1 (it's New Mexico)
ECU 58.8% 2-1 151 yds qtr 160.5 (Harris closed out the game)
UK 59.1% 0-1 125 yds qtr 97.7
UT 54.8% 2-1 283 yds qtr 122.3 (UT defense remembered they were UT)
Ole Miss 82.8% 4-0 271 yds qtr 206.8 (best game against a good opponent)
Missouri 60.6% 0-0 208 yds qtr 113.6

Grier is better than Harris, but he also didn't play against the best defenses our team went up against. We don't really know what we had in Grier, because we had just started to reach the part of the season where teams have tape on you, and can game plan against you. If a kid wants to leave because he is afraid of competition, that is the spot he himself in. That is on him.

I would bet douche dad had a hand in this too.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a weak coward. He's leaving because he doesnt want to compete for his job back? He can take his little ball, and his PEDs, and get the hell out.

200.gif

(Thanks for the UT and Ole Miss win though.)

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Its asking alot to be guaranteed your starting spot back when you have made such a mistake. Not sure, if this story is indeed true, what Grier was thinking

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Was this ever in doubt really? What else do you guys think "the Griers" demanded a meeting to discuss? Snacks in the lounge? Colors of the drapes in the dorms? Lack of true blondes at the bar scene?

Fvkk him. Good luck in junior college and sitting out til midway through 2017.
^This. **** him and his PEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.