Records May Fall This Season

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
This season there are several Gators that have a chance to set a new record at UF.

Bobby Raymond set a number of individual kicking records at Florida back in the early 1980's. Pineiro has a chance to break several of them this season.

Consecutive Field Goals: Raymond made 17 in a row in 1984. Pineiro finished 2016 with 12 in a row. If he makes his first 6 in 2017 he will break the record.

Field Goals Made in a Single Season: Caleb Sturgis made 24 in 2012. Pineiro made 21 of 25 in 2016. This is a record he could break if he gets enough chances.

Most Field Goals in a Single Game: Bobby Raymond made 6 field goals in a single game twice. He accomplished the feat in 1983 against FSU and again in 1984 against Kentucky. Pineiro had 3 attempts in 4 different games last season. This one is a stretch, but not out of the question.

Career Field Goal Percentage: Once again, Raymond holds the record at 87.8%. However, Pineiro is a close second at 84.0%.

Single Season Field Goal Percentage: In 2008 Jonathon Phillips made 92.3% of his kicks. That's one of those records that may never be broken. However, Pineiro is a special talent, so I couldn't leave this one out.

Career PAT Accuracy Percent (Min. 50): Brian Clark made 62 of 62 PATs from 1979 to 1981. He is the only Gators kicker to finish his career without ever missing a PAT. Pineiro was a perfect 32 of 32 in 2016.

Longest Field Goal: Chris Perkins made a 60 yard field goal against Tulane in 1984. In 2016 Pineiro made 2 from 54 yards and another from 53. Pineiro is currently tied for 6th place with Jeff Chandler, Berj Yepremian and David Posey.

Callaway has a chance to break a few records as well.

Career Receptions: Between 2003 and 2007 Andre Caldwell had 185 career receptions. Callaway caught 35 as a freshman and a whopping 54 last season for a 2 year total of 89. It's highly doubtful that Callaway will break the record this season, but if he catches 54 again this season he will pass Jack Jackson for 6th place all time at Florida.

Career Receiving Yards: Carlos Alvarez holds the record with 2,563 yards between 1969 and 1971. Callaway currently has 1,399 career yards and needs 1,164 to break the record. A 1,000 yard season would put Callaway in 2nd place ahead of Jabar Gaffney.

Single Season Average Yards Per Catch (Min. 20 Catches): The record is 24.4 set by Frankie Neal in 1985. Callaway is already tied for 3rd place with Travis McGriff at 19.4.

Consecutive Games With a Reception: Ike Hilliard set the record at 35 games between 1994 and 1997. Callaway has only failed to register a reception in a single game in his career (2015 East Carolina).Callaway is currently on a 24 game streak

Single Season Punt Return Yards: Brandon James had 37 returns for 510 yards in 2008. Callaway already has 2nd place with 28 returns for 435 yards in 2015.

Career Punt Return TDs: Both Brandon James and Jaquez Green returned 4 punts for TDs. Callaway currently has 2 returns for TDs.

Goolsby has a shot at a few records as well.

Most Receptions by a TE: This is one I would love to see broken just to get Hernandez name out of the record book. Hernandez set the record with 111 receptions between 2007 and 2009. Goolsby currently has a total of 55. He caught only 17 in 2015, but he was much more productive in 2016 with 38 receptions. Goolsby only needs 18 receptions to pass Kirk Kirkpatrick for 2nd place all time at Florida.

Single Game Receptions by a TE: Hernandez is tied with Bill Dowdy and Chris Faulkner with 9. In 2016 Goolsby had 8 against Vandy and 7 against Alabama.

Townsend will almost certainly break a record or two this season.

Career Punts Attempted: The current record is 231 by Eric Wilbur between 2003 and 2006. This record will almost assuredly fall as Townsend currently has 176 attempts and needs only 56 to break the record.

Single Season Punt Average: Kyle Christy holds the record at 45.8. Townsend has second place with 45.4 in 2015.

http://floridagators.com/documents/2016/8/4//2016_Florida_Gators_Media_Guide_web.pdf?id=15687

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Most of Eddy's possible records are reliant on the coaches taking a kick-3pts over a punt-for-0pts, which they didn't do all that much of last year. There were plenty of times we could have taken 3 and instead punted.

Similarly, more Eddy means less Townsend and vice-versa. Tough for both to break records in this coming season.

Callaway and Goolsby can only break records if we have a QB that can deliver them the ball. Year 3, still waiting for that QB.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Most Field Goals in a Single Game: Bobby Raymond made 6 field goals in a single game twice. He accomplished the feat in 1983 against FSU and again in 1984 against Kentucky. Pineiro had 3 attempts in 4 different games last season. This one is a stretch, but not out of the question.

If this record falls, look for another record set: first SEC coach fired after winning two division championships.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Career PAT Accuracy Percent (Min. 50): Brian Clark made 62 of 62 PATs from 1979 to 1981. He is the only Gators kicker to finish his career without ever missing a PAT. Pineiro was a perfect 32 of 32 in 2016.

Wow! We scored 32 touchdowns last year?

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's about 2.5 touchdowns per game. :headslap:

Right. For the sake of Eddie breaking the record, for Mac's job, and for Gator Nation all together, I hope this number is twice this come the end of the 2017 season.

There was a bit of sarcasm in my post fwiw

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right. For the sake of Eddie breaking the record, for Mac's job, and for Gator Nation all together, I hope this number is twice this come the end of the 2017 season.

There was a bit of sarcasm in my post fwiw

I knew you were being sarcastic. Your post was just a reminder as to how crappy we still are on offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When your punter is breaking records...that's bad m'kay. It means your offense sucks. FG records? It means your red zone offense sucks. Anyone tired of this **** yet?

Futility records? Good job Mac!

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
When your punter is breaking records...that's bad m'kay. It means your offense sucks. FG records? It means your red zone offense sucks. Anyone tired of this **** yet?

Futility records? Good job Mac!

I get what you are saying, but just because it fits the agenda doesn't make it true.

The records for consecutive field goals, most field goals in a single game and longest field goal all took place in 1984. That 1984 Gators offense featured Kerwin Bell, Ricky Nattiel, Lorenzo Hampton, John L Williams and Neal Anderson. All 3 of the RBs and Nattiel were 1st round draft picks.

The offensive line was given the nickname The Great Wall of Florida and consisted of Lomas Brown (Gator Great, All American, All SEC, Jacobs Trophy), Jeff Zimmerman (All American, All SEC), Crawford Ker (JUCO All American, 2nd team All SEC), Phil Bromley (All SEC), Billy Hinson, and Scott Trimble.

That team was the first to ever win an SEC championship at Florida and was ranked #4 by the AP and #1 in the nation by the NYT.

The offense finished 9th in the nation out of 110 D1 teams. That team had no difficulty scoring in the red zone. They ran over everyone they played.

Career punts attempted is held by Eric Wilbur. He punted the ball 53 times in 2006. The 2006 Gators offense was good enough to win a national championship. The Gators offense finished the season ranked #24 out of 119 D1 teams. I don't think you would find many people that would agree with you that the 2006 Gators offense sucked.

I understand that some will take any opportunity to complain about Mac, but the perception that punting and FG records equals bad offense is simply not true.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you are saying, but just because it fits the agenda doesn't make it true.

The records for consecutive field goals, most field goals in a single game and longest field goal all took place in 1984. That 1984 Gators offense featured Kerwin Bell, Ricky Nattiel, Lorenzo Hampton, John L Williams and Neal Anderson. All 3 of the RBs and Nattiel were 1st round draft picks.

The offensive line was given the nickname The Great Wall of Florida and consisted of Lomas Brown (Gator Great, All American, All SEC, Jacobs Trophy), Jeff Zimmerman (All American, All SEC), Crawford Ker (JUCO All American, 2nd team All SEC), Phil Bromley (All SEC), Billy Hinson, and Scott Trimble.

That team was the first to ever win an SEC championship at Florida and was ranked #4 by the AP and #1 in the nation by the NYT.

The offense finished 9th in the nation out of 110 D1 teams. That team had no difficulty scoring in the red zone. They ran over everyone they played.

Career punts attempted is held by Eric Wilbur. He punted the ball 53 times in 2006. The 2006 Gators offense was good enough to win a national championship. The Gators offense finished the season ranked #24 out of 119 D1 teams. I don't think you would find many people that would agree with you that the 2006 Gators offense sucked.

I understand that some will take any opportunity to complain about Mac, but the perception that punting and FG records equals bad offense is simply not true.

Not to mention the part about scoring 3 points instead of turning it over on downs inside the red zone adds to your offensive efficiency numbers.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

For the love of God Mrs. McButters....we suck balls on offense and there's is just no spin that makes it OK.....OK?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

LOL. Thanks for the history lesson. Unfortunately, Townsend's is a product of Mac's god awful, **** stained offense. The '84 team was bad ass. The current version is just ass.

Thanks again...this place isn't the same without you.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LOL. Thanks for the history lesson. Unfortunately, Townsend's is a product of Mac's god awful, **** stained offense. The '84 team was bad ass. The current version is just ass.

Thanks again...this place isn't the same without you.

I think the offense could improve drastically and still have the FG and punting records fall. On the other hand, I could also see Callaway and Goolsby breaking records without the offense as a whole improving.

Hopefully, the offense improves and the records fall as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator