Recruit/Commit Update

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dameon's rushing stats were 16 carries for 103 yards (from local newspaper). They didn't include receiving. Biggest chunk of those yards came on a couple of carries. Again, it was tough sledding between the tackles, but he looked good off tackle, particularly following his blockers and cutting effectively off of them. Had a couple of good runs off of bounces. Good vision, good balance, good leg drive, speed with the ball in his hands is a little better than what he was timed.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I paid attention to him in pass pro and he looked good picking up his blocks. Footwork was good, especially sliding to pick up the edge rush when it got loose. Locked up and kept his guy off the QB. Didn't see him take a play off either. A lot to like in what was an average game in terms of stats. The overlooked things that many fans miss were eye-catching. His position coach, who was a good Bearcat RB himself in the late '80's, has done a good job with him.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regular season opener against Lincoln out of Tallahassee. Dameon rushed for 313 and 5 TDs. Bearcats won 43-33. Lincoln not as good as they have been, but Dameon was a man among boys tonight. Three long runs for scores. On his next to last scoring run, a Lincoln defender (LB I think) had an angle on him, but he stiff-armed him and the guy looked like an armadillo getting run over. Knocked him backwards about 4 yards. Good way to start the regular season. He's also working to become an EE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator