Recruiting Recruiting news from The Opening

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some good recruiting info:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...-decision-wr-jerry-jeudy-recaps-florida-visit

BEAVERTON, Ore. — It’s decision time for tight end Tre’ McKitty.

The 3-star recruit from IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) will announce his commitment this weekend at The Opening, Nike’s annual summer football camp for elite prospects.

His finalists are Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Oregon. The nation’s No. 18 tight end will choose one on either Saturday or Sunday during the ESPNU broadcast.

“It’s going to be exciting,” McKitty said Thursday. “It’ll be nice to get it done before my senior year so I can focus on football.

“I think I’m ready. I feel pretty good about it. I think it’s the right decision. I’m about 98 percent sure I know where I’m going.”

What did that school do to win over McKitty?

“It’s really just the way I’m going to be used,” he said. “I feel like it’s the best fit for me as far as my abilities.”

That could be a good sign for Florida. When asked what made the Gators a finalist, McKitty first mentioned the schematic fit.

“I like how they used Jake McGee last year. He had a big season,” McKitty said. “They relationship I have with coach (Chris) Rumph is great. The thing I like about Florida is that I talk to the whole staff. Usually you only talk to one or two coaches from a school.”

McKitty is also comfortable with the coaches at Auburn, but said he has some concerns with the way the Tigers use tight ends in their offense.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound prospect is expected to pick between Auburn and Florida, both of whom have been recruiting him for more than a year. June visits to FSU and Oregon put those schools in the final group.

UF recently landed 4-star defensive end Zachary Carter from McKitty’s hometown of Tampa, Fla.

“Ever since he committed, he’s been sending me Gator emojis every single day. It’s like 10 times a day,” McKitty said. “We’re close friends and he’s a cool guy. We talk about it a lot. He’s telling him to come home. He looks up stats about Florida and sends me everything.”

Gotta get @T_mckitty to the swamp!!!

— Zachary L Carter™ (@_ZachAttacks) July 3, 2016

TE Tre' McKitty, who commits this week. Auburn, Florida and Oregon the finalists. https://t.co/ovGtK0MiYF

— Zach Abolverdi (@ZachAbolverdi) July 7, 2016

Top-100 WR recaps Florida visit

Deerfield Beach (Fla.) wide receiver Jerry Jeudy visited the Gators in June, his first trip to Florida since last summer.

He now plans to return to Gainesville for an official visit this fall.

“The (June) visit helped them a lot,” Jeudy said. “I needed to find out how it is there, and it’s really nice. They have great facilities. The coaching staff treated me well.

“It was very nice getting to talk to them about how they’ll use me. They just showed me how I can fit in and be somebody as soon as I step on campus.”

The 4-star prospect also plans to officially visit Alabama, Miami and Tennessee. When Jeudy returns to Florida, he has a few things he wants to see.

“It’s already a school I could see myself at,” Jeudy said. “I just need to tour more of the campus to make sure that’s a place where I can feel at home.

“(Antonio) Callaway opened my eyes a lot last year, just seeing a freshman come in and make a big impact. But I want to watch them produce with their receivers again this season.”

Jeudy is ranked the nation’s No. 7 wide receiver and No. 44 overall prospect.

4-star WR Jerry Jeudy. He'll officially visit Alabama, Florida, Tennessee and Miami. https://t.co/PjiO1NBRRW

— Zach Abolverdi (@ZachAbolverdi) July 7, 2016

Unless otherwise indicated, rankings and ratings come from the 247Sports Composite.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big-time target. Quincy Wilson's brother:

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF, you're my favorite poster. Keep the recruiting news coming, bro!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have heard he's not a take for UF at this point which I'm not necessarily sure i believe...or understand if true.

Definitely want to bring him this year and his teammate next year as well. Patrick Surtain Jr.

Yep. Former Dolphin CB Patrick Surtain's boy.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think that's a little different w/ TE's. He's ranked the 18th best TE in this class. If he was the 18th best WR or RB he'd be a 4-star.

I was wondering why a 3* would be invited to the Opening. I guess that clarifies a little, but also makes me wonder (maybe hope?) that he's underrated?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
CG, you always think our two and three stars are underrated.

Always? No. Often? Maybe... I'm a pumper.

My point is he's at the Opening. That's for the big time recruits, correct? How does a 3* get that invite?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I think our three and two stars are three and two stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.