Recruiting Recruiting Notebook 5/18

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-recruiting-notebook-for-may-18th/

News around the Florida Gators recruiting efforts continues to buzz, as the Gators coaching staff is on the road for the evaluation period. The coaching staff has two more weeks on the road and they will be using a lot of those days to watch spring games.

Gator Country brings you a recruiting notebook to get you caught up on all things Florida Gators recruiting, as we bring you the latest offers and buzz from the road.

First things first, the Gators assistant coaches are spending a lot of this week in the state of Florida watching spring games. Running backs coach Tim Skipper will see cornerback Shaun Wade in his spring game on Thursday. Linebacker’s coach Randy Shannon will be in South Florida and the rest of the coaching staff will be in their recruiting areas this week.

Cornerback Eljiah Blades (6-3, 170, Pasadena, CA Muir) says his top three schools are Florida, Arizona and Utah and he will commit on June 12th, which is his birthday. Blades is scheduled to visit Gainesville before that commitment date and he will still take official visits after his commitment.

Defensive tackle Neil Farrell (6-4, 287, Mobile, AL Murphy) is a prospect on the rise in the southeast and the Gators visited him earlier this spring. Farrell says he has high interest in the Gators and he will visit Gainesville this summer.

Florida Gators athlete commit Kadarius Toney (5-10, 175, Prichard, AL Blount) picked up an Alabama offer on Tuesday morning as an athlete to play defensive back and receiver. Toney is solid to Florida and says that the Alabama offer doesn’t change anything. Toney plans to visit Gainesville for multiple days in June.

Florida offered twin defensive tackles Brandon Gaddy (6-5, 285, Virginia Beach, VA Bishop Sullivan) and Breyon Gaddy (6-5, 353) on Monday afternoon. Right now the Gaddy twins say Tennessee and Clemson are ahead of the pack, but they have interest in the Gators. The biggest thing for Florida is getting both prospects on campus for a visit this summer.

2018 receiver Warren Thompson (6-4, 185, Seffner, FL Armwood) announced a top seven on Monday that consisted of Florida, Louisville, Miami, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Penn State and South Florida. Right now Florida and Miami are the teams to beat for Thompson.

Florida offered 2018 Miami receiver commit Josh Jobe (6-1, 180, Miami, FL Columbus) last week after Randy Shannon and receivers coach Kerry Dixon visited his school. Jobe is expected to visit Gainesville this summer with his teammate and fellow Miami commit C.J. Henderson.

Last week Florida offered cornerback Deommodore Lenoir (5-11, 182, Los Angeles, CA Bishop Mora Salesian) while out at his school. Lenior named a top 10 shortly after that offer and it consisted of Florida, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, San Diego State, USC and UCLA. Oregon is considered to be the team to beat.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cornerback Eljiah Blades (6-3, 170, Pasadena, CA Muir) says his top three schools are Florida, Arizona and Utah and he will commit on June 12th, which is his birthday. Blades is scheduled to visit Gainesville before that commitment date and he will still take official visits after his commitment.

Last week Florida offered cornerback Deommodore Lenoir (5-11, 182, Los Angeles, CA Bishop Mora Salesian) while out at his school. Lenior named a top 10 shortly after that offer and it consisted of Florida, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, San Diego State, USC and UCLA. Oregon is considered to be the team to beat.[/QUOTE]

A West coast kid's announcement on June 12th is about as moot as it gets. If he's good enough to garner attention, the chances of hanging on to him for 7 months, while he's still taking visits to local or regional programs, are pretty slim I'd say.

Also, can we please find out who the recruiter, or recruiting coordinator, is at San Diego State, and hire him immediately. Thanks.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Could someone, anyone, take Toney off of our hands? Please!!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lord more Cali kids than Florida kids, and we know how well they work out, on the oft occurrence we actually land one...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lord more Cali kids than Florida kids, and we know how well they work out, on the oft occurrence we actually land one...
New math?
I count:
2 Cali kids (both CBs, so I would assume Coach Gray gave his approval on the offers and he's a guy who could pull in a kid from Cali)
2 Florida kids (granted, both 2018 class WRs)
2 Bama kids (one who's already committed to us)
2 Virginia kids (Pouncey's 2.0)
It's just an excerpt from one article - a small snapshot. I just don't get the knee jerk reaction from some of you guys.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=FL

Just go through that list. Not many Gator logos underneath those kids. It's pretty sad actually.

What are we looking at specifically? Actual commitments or commits we are making a push for? I will just stay in the top 20:

We are in the running for:

Calvin Ashley
Shaun Wade
trevon grimes
Alex Leatherwood
James Robinson
Jarez Parks
Cyrus Fagan
Zach Carter

Again these are recruits that we are recruiting very hard. Some are already committed ...I get that...so please don't point that out and think that you are making some mind blowing point.

To say that we are not recruiting Florida is an asinine and irresponsible comment to make. You have some of these guys that have been committed since mid 2015 and the staff is doing what they can to sway them to the good guys. I'm sure the staff is aware of the talent in FL which is probably why they spent a whole week dedicated to going to see FL recruits only. Give the sh*t a rest

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
OL from Fletcher HS waiting on UF offer. Fletcher has been really good to us, but I'm not sure this kid is worthy of a UF offer (yet). I'm sure he'll put on the needed weight (he's 260lbs now), but his offer list is mediocre/slightly above average.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/ol-suggs-names-top-10-45398231

Neptune Beach (Fla.) Fletcher offensive tackle Cordavien Suggs released a list of top ten schools he’s considering in his recruitment. The teams included Florida, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington State.

The Gators made the cut for the 6-foot-4.5, 260-pounder despite not offering yet.

“It’s real close,” Suggs said of a Florida offer. “They like me a lot. I probably will get it sometime next week…They are recruiting me hard. Coach [Mike] Summers and [Tim] Skipper visited me again this week.”

So what is the delay on an offer? Could Florida possible want Suggs to camp before receiving his tender?

“They said I can [camp], but they seen everything they needed to see. They just have to go over it as a staff.”

Suggs admitted one of the reasonshe’s so high on Florida despite not having an offer is his relationship with Summers, Florida’s offensive line coach.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Suggs as the nation’s No. 81 offensive tackle in the 2017 class.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
OL from Fletcher HS waiting on UF offer. Fletcher has been really good to us, but I'm not sure this kid is worthy of a UF offer (yet). I'm sure he'll put on the needed weight (he's 260lbs now), but his offer list is mediocre/slightly above average.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/ol-suggs-names-top-10-45398231

Neptune Beach (Fla.) Fletcher offensive tackle Cordavien Suggs released a list of top ten schools he’s considering in his recruitment. The teams included Florida, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington State.

The Gators made the cut for the 6-foot-4.5, 260-pounder despite not offering yet.

“It’s real close,” Suggs said of a Florida offer. “They like me a lot. I probably will get it sometime next week…They are recruiting me hard. Coach [Mike] Summers and [Tim] Skipper visited me again this week.”

So what is the delay on an offer? Could Florida possible want Suggs to camp before receiving his tender?

“They said I can [camp], but they seen everything they needed to see. They just have to go over it as a staff.”

Suggs admitted one of the reasonshe’s so high on Florida despite not having an offer is his relationship with Summers, Florida’s offensive line coach.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Suggs as the nation’s No. 81 offensive tackle in the 2017 class.

film check time! thanks for the post

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What are we looking at specifically? Actual commitments or commits we are making a push for? I will just stay in the top 20:

We are in the running for:

Calvin Ashley
Shawun Wade
trevon grimes
Alex Leatherwood
James Robinson
Jarez Parks
Cyrus Fagan
Zach Carter

Again these are recruits that we are recruiting very hard. Some are already committed ...I get that...so please don't point that out and think that you are making some mind blowing point.

To say that we are not recruiting Florida is an asinine and irresponsible comment to make. You have some of these guys that have been committed since mid 2015 and the staff is doing what they can to sway them to the good guys. I'm sure the staff is aware of the talent in FL which is probably why they spent a whole week dedicated to going to see FL recruits only. Give the sh*t a rest

Mrs McElwain, nice to meet you. Tell Mac to start hustling better. We have one more commit in the top 50 than Ohio State and 2 less than FSU(5) and Miami(5). Tell your husband to kick it in gear please. We are getting curb stomped in our own back yard!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Current recruiting rankings (SEC Teams Starting Slow '17 Recruiting)

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-getting-slow-start-to-2017-recruiting-class/

Only five SEC teams are currently listed in 2017’s active Top 25.

Alabama, which has captured the No. 1 overall recruiting class in each of the last six cycles, leads the conference at No. 3 nationally behind Ohio State and Oklahoma. The Crimson Tide have nine verbal commits, including a pair of 5-star prospects in running back Najee Harris (No. 1 overall recruit in his class) and offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood.

Kirby Smart’s first full class with Georgia is off to a strong start with the Bulldogs sitting at No. 6. Dan Mullen has to be pleased to see Mississippi State in the top 10, possessing the country’s No. 9-ranked class after finishing No. 32 for 2016. Kentucky (No. 14) and LSU (No. 19) cap things off for the SEC to this point.

Below is a list of where each SEC team currently stands for the ’17 class:

3. Alabama
6. Georgia
9. Mississippi State
14. Kentucky
19. LSU
32. South Carolina
33. Tennessee
35. Arkansas
36. Auburn
37. Texas A&M
40. Florida
46. Ole Miss
61. Missouri
t-107. Vanderbilt

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF Recruiting Mississippi TE, 6'7 240lbs

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...-has-summer-visits-planned-florida-g-45385608

This coming summer Andover (Mass.) tight end Alexander Marshall is playing an extensive visit list. His tour will go from coast to coast.

“I’ll be down to FSU and the University of Florida the first couple weeks of the summer in June,” Marshall said. “Then USC and UCLA and hopefully Alabama on the way back home. That should be a fun time and I should be able to check out all my options on that trip. Those are some of my top programs.”

Florida tight end coach Greg Nord has continued to recruit Marshall despite landing an early pledge from tight end Kemore Gable.

“I know a lot of people have said is Florida really recruiting another tight end, and yeah, I guess so. I kind of had the same question for Coach Nord. But, he made it clear to me that I’m a priority to him and that he recruited an H, but he also wants a Y. So, he wants me as well and he made it clear to me that I’m a priority.”

The 6-foot-7, 240-pound Marshall gives high praise to UF.

“The University of Florida, it stuck out from the beginning. A top business school, which from an academic standpoint is all I’m really looking at…That’s what I’m looking for right off the bat, where the alumni system is already set up so when I’m graduated as a football player from the University of Florida, I’ll already have an internship set up.”

However, it’s another school from the Sunshine State that Marshall is favoring at this time.

“It kind of stands out when a coach stops by twice. Coaches can say I’m a priority to them, and then they’ll come out and show you. Coach [Tim] Brewster over at FSU definitely, we’ve been kind of tight. He’s been showing a lot of love, more than other schools, so I’m favoring FSU a little bit at this point.”

Marshall went on to discuss other aspects of the Seminoles program that is standing out early to him.

“They get the tight end the ball, no B.S. A lot of schools tell me they get the tight end the ball with a pro-style offense, but with Florida State I’ve seen it. I’ve seen in in the past, I continue to watch it at home. I continue to see them get the tight end the ball. I continue to hear I got a chance to get early playing time and make an impact early.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Marshall as the No. 28 tight end in the 2017 class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.