Recruiting Recruiting Notebook 5/18

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Mrs McElwain, nice to meet you. Tell Mac to start hustling better. We have one more commit in the top 50 than Ohio State and 2 less than FSU(5) and Miami(5). Tell your husband to kick it in gear please. We are getting curb stomped in our own back yard!

Ok F*cktard... say that you are wrong and keep it moving

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, right? I mean, our 5 commits so far are

D. Green - Tampa
J. Allen - Ft. Lauderdale
K. Gamble - Miami
K. Telfort - Miami
K. Toney - Alabama

Seems we're loading up on out of state kids again
5 Recruits? Actually, that isn't LOADING up at all.

Is Mandan making milliondybilliondy dollar bets yet?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida tight end coach Greg Nord has continued to recruit Marshall despite landing an early pledge from tight end Kemore Gable.

Oh good. Greg Nord is on the case, at least when he isn't ignoring Special Teams.

Too bad, that 6-7 beast TE would be a very nice addition.

Below is a list of where each SEC team currently stands for the ’17 class:
3. Alabama
6. Georgia
9. Mississippi State
14. Kentucky
19. LSU
32. South Carolina
33. Tennessee
35. Arkansas
36. Auburn
37. Texas A&M
40. Florida
46. Ole Miss
61. Missouri
t-107. Vanderbilt
The good news is we have an almost insurmountable lead over Vandy.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
5 Recruits? Actually, that isn't LOADING up at all.

Since, the list of "commits" being Florida heavy undercuts your argument of not recruiting Florida, you wish to criticize it for the quantity. That's how it works?

Or were you intending for your 'not recruiting Florida well enough' argument to be focused on the uncommitted kids? Because as I hear someone say frequently, how many of those are "committable offers"?

You mean all 35 don't have committable offers? Seems crazy.

While we may not lead for a lot of the uncommitted recruits in Florida, can you say we aren't giving offers - commitable or not? Or, does your argument then shift to them not being 5* studs? Actually, as I go back to the link T-Rex provided of the top recruits in the state of Florida, every single 5* has an offer from Florida, including those that are currently "committed" to other schools. What's your next argument, chief?

I'll concede not leading for these kids is an issue, but a temporary one that doesn't matter today - it matters on signing day, and that's when the criticism of our staff's ability to close the deal can be made. But I don't think it can be made today, not with the miracles they pulled last cycle going from 100 to a t20 class in a few weeks. But I don't believe ANYTHING the staff could possibly have done to date would satisfy some of our members.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll concede not leading for these kids is an issue, but a temporary one that doesn't matter today - it matters on signing day, and that's when the criticism of our staff's ability to close the deal can be made.
At that point, you and the other pumpers will be blaming something else (Treon, lack of name exposure by the coaches, the coaches are "new" coaches can't recruit unless the are Harball, Richt, or Smart) and claiming it's water under the bridge anyway, just like you did on February 2nd this year.

To summarize the rest, 5 recruits isn't recruiting well anywhere, not landing top Florida recruits must be the priority (so why the fvkk are we always on the road in Alabama and California), Nord and several others shouldn't be on the staff, and something else that I forget now and don't feel like spending more time on. Thx.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
5 commits isn't good. Most of our competition has at least 7. Only Ole Piss and Auburn have as many or fewer.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That's how it works?

I see. The way it works is if you don't have an answer, ignore the question, then redirect by taking a quoted statement and running your agenda. Got it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BMF, the pumpers don't want to hear the truth.
, not with the miracles they pulled last cycle going from 100 to a t20 class in a few weeks.

How long are you going to hold onto this? It didn't carry over into the last class. And currently, yes CURRENTLY, we aren't doing well enough. Great, Mac gets a little pat on the back for something two years ago. There's always an excuse from the pumpers in their sunshine bunker. I've never seen so much passing of the buck in my life. It went on with Muschamp and it's still going on. It's always wait till XYZ day. Then it gets here and then it's because of global warming or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.