Recruiting Recruiting Notebook: 6/13

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'd say based on Mac's previous classes we will pull around 5-9 total. Meanwhile everyone will continue to blame in on the fact that the offense hasn't shown anything. Oh and Kirby is a fluke that's why he's already light years ahead of Mac in terms of recruiting. People just can't admit he's a terrible recruiter.

Who did you want us to hire as head coach?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So 24/7 says our best recruiter on staff is # 69 and our 2nd best is # 167. :eek:
Sounds spot on when you look at our recruits. I'm not at all surprised. But hey it will pick up when the offense shows up. Kinda like the defensive side of the ball has. Wait no it hasn't been there either

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Who did you want us to hire as head coach?
I would have went after Dabo if he can recruit the st of fl at Clemson imagine what he could do at the premier school in the st. If he turned me down I'd go for Gundy, I think both would have taken the job if the money was there.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I would have went after Dabo if he can recruit the st of fl at Clemson imagine what he could do at the premier school in the st. If he turned me down I'd go for Gundy, I think both would have taken the job if the money was there.
If both took the job, might the players be confused about who was in charge?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Why would Dabo leave Clemson? For money? Clemson would match him. There was no chance we get Dabo.

As for winning 10 games last year... yeah... we beat two good teams early in the year then our QB went and did something stupid. We didn't have a backup QB worth a **** so our offense went to hell. We still beat UGA with Treon and won the East.

FSU and Bama destroyed us because we had no QB and our OL was weak. I don't think the team cared about the exhibition game against Michigan.

I don't think it is fair to say McElwain is a horrible recruiter either. Last year's class was not as good as it needed to be... I'll agree. He isn't elite, but he also hasn't been recruiting Florida for years like Kirby. That is the difference. Kirby was recruiting all the same kids at Bama, so he has an advantage because he already has relationships with a lot of these kids.

The class this year doesn't look too bad right now if you look at average star rating. If our offense improves (which it should) and we show that we can compete I expect we will have a top 10 class.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
And why is that because he won 10 games? Duke could have won 10 with the schedule we had last year. We finished the season with the 103rd ranked sos and got toasted our last 3 games which happened to be against real teams. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't teams supposed to get better as the year goes on our got worse and that's on coaching

Yeah, because even chump could've coached treon to All American status.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo is just another Mark Richt. Good talent, and never wins anything. After Deshaun Watson leaves, he will continue to play second fiddle to Jimbo Fisher. The Big12 has been down for years. By being down I mean Texas. Mike Gundy hasn't capitalized on a weak conference. Pass on him too.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
And I don't know why you guys get into it with Kev. Just another rival troll.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Gundy is a really good coach but there have been too many "mid level" scandals around his program for him to ever have been a consideration around here with Foley in charge.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we would have hired Gundy the same folks would have been saying " in mike we trust". It really wouldn't have mattered.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I really don't see your point. Ole miss has a way better roster to work with. Did mac ever get blown out? Their resumes aren't even close dude.
If you don't get it, then I can't help you. So again...I respectfully disagree. You can leave it at that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't get it, then I can't help you. So again...I respectfully disagree. You can leave it at that.
Don't worry most of the board disagrees with me on Gundy. I think it was just me law and fergie on the Gundy train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.