Recruiting Recruiting Notebook: 6/13

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Dabo is just another Mark Richt. Good talent, and never wins anything. After Deshaun Watson leaves, he will continue to play second fiddle to Jimbo Fisher. The Big12 has been down for years. By being down I mean Texas. Mike Gundy hasn't capitalized on a weak conference. Pass on him too.

They said that when Boyd left
They said that when Chad Morris left

When are you going to realize he's actually a decent coach

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
They said that when Boyd left
They said that when Chad Morris left

When are you going to realize he's actually a decent coach

You're proving my point. What has he won?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're kidding, right? His team just went to the Final 4, and he beat Oklahoma to reach the final. They also performed very well in the title game.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

More than anything we've won since 09...

Couple Orange Bowls...
Playing for the natty

oh and a 75-27 record to boot but yeah he sucks..

I swear most of you late your dislike of someone outweigh objectively thinking about it

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo has won the ****ty ACC twice since 2008. Last year has been his only decent year, and I credit most of that to Deshaun Watson. The other year he won the ACC in 2011. He lost games to GA Tech, NC State, South Carolina, and blasted by WVU 70-33.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
You know who else won 10 games a season, and had a good overall record, and got to the finish line and failed? Good ole Mark Richt

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Dabo has won the ****ty ACC twice since 2008. Last year has been his only decent year, and I credit most of that to Deshaun Watson. The other year he won the ACC in 2011. He lost games to GA Tech, NC State, South Carolina, and blasted by WVU 70-33.

The "****ty ACC"

Yeah that many of the teams would have kicked our ass in the last few years...

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
The "****ty ACC"

Yeah that many of the teams would have kicked our ass in the last few years...

Yeah we can all thank Muschamp for that. If your point is that Dabo is a better coach then Muschamp. Then yes I agree.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer only won the WAC before coming to FL, and he didn't win anything without Tebow. He gets credit because he recruited Tebow, just like Dabo gets credit for all wins while Watson is at Clemson.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah we can all thank Muschamp for that. If your point is that Dabo is a better coach then Muschamp. Then yes I agree.

Dabo has proved more to me than any coach in the SEC except Miles and Saban

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer only won the WAC before coming to FL, and he didn't win anything without Tebow. He gets credit because he recruited Tebow, just like Dabo gets credit for all wins while Watson is at Clemson.

Meyer went undefeated at OSU, and the following year beat Bama, and Oregon for the title. So he has actually won with out tebow.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Meyer went undefeated at OSU, and the following year beat Bama, and Oregon for the title. So he has actually won with out tebow.

Actually Meyer went undefeated then the following year the lost to MSU in Big 10 title game and then he proceeded to lose to Dabo's Clemson team in the Orange

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not before we hired him, genius.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Meyer went undefeated then the following year the lost to MSU in Big 10 title game and then he proceeded to lose to Dabo's Clemson team in the Orange

You're right. I got the years confused.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying he's a awful coach. He's good for 10 wins a year, but so was Mark Richt. How many of you want him as your coach?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a a huge Dabo guy but there are people on this board that would kill for below.

Dabo's last five years:
2011 Clemson 10–4 6–2 1st (Atlantic) L Orange† 22 22
2012 Clemson 11–2 7–1 T–1st (Atlantic) W Chick-fil-A 9 11
2013 Clemson 11–2 7–1 2nd (Atlantic) W Orange† 7 8
2014 Clemson 10–3 6–2 2nd (Atlantic) W Russell Athletic 15 15
2015 Clemson 14–1 8–0 1st (Atlantic) W Orange†, L CFP NCG† 2 2

There are also people on this board who would call for him to be fired with these results...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
How can you not like Dabo. Coolest name in coaching. Has a high enthusiasm metric. He cares about his teams and winning. His record is pretty damned good. But didnt SOS have a winning record against him. He is is better than Richt. Just doing what he did in SC proves that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.