Recruiting the future

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Other than head coach, what are our most glaring positions that need upgrades?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Linebackers, O line and WR's?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
In no certain order:

OL, TE, WR, QB, RB, DL, LB, CB, S, & K. And of course, a coaching staff that can develop and motivate. I think that may do it.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;63999 said:
In no certain order: OL, TE, WR, QB, RB, DL, LB, CB, S, & K. And of course, a coaching staff that can develop and motivate. I think that may do it.
It's retarded posts like this that make it hard to even get on here

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n64001 said:

Of course, name calling. You have nothing else do you?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;64002 said:
Ray Finkle;n64001 said:
Of course, name calling. You have nothing else do you?
I said the post was retarded, not you. Name calling would be me calling you retarded, no?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's a huge talent gap between us and the elite teams at any position other than qb. I think we should have recruited better qb' s after driskel, it's like they were only looking for back ups when they signed morningwig and staver. All the other positions I think we're very talented at. I just really think this is a poorly coached team I'm sorry for bringing it back to the head coach.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n64003 said:
I said the post was retarded, not you. Name calling would be me calling you retarded, no?

It is obvious what your intent was. My reply was a lot better that "kicker". Our K had nothing to do with blown assignments and giving up a record amount of yards against bama. Nor was the K responsible for that anemic offense display we saw last week or at any time during the last several years now. But, OK, whatever.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;64004 said:
I don't think there's a huge talent gap between us and the elite teams at any position other than qb. I think we should have recruited better qb' s after driskel, it's like they were only looking for back ups when they signed morningwig and staver. All the other positions I think we're very talented at. I just really think this is a poorly coached team I'm sorry for bringing it back to the head coach.
Couldn't agree more

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n63989 said:
Other than head coach, what are our most glaring positions that need upgrades?

WR, TE, keep O linemen coming in (some of the young ones are showing some promise), LB.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;64005 said:
Ray Finkle;n64003 said:
It is obvious what your intent was. My reply was a lot better that "kicker". Our K had nothing to do with blown assignments and giving up a record amount of yards against bama. Nor was the K responsible for that anemic offense display we saw last week or at any time during the last several years now. But, OK, whatever.
My intent was to call your post retarded, which I did by saying your post was retarded. Our dline is deep with talent. Our oline is light years ahead of where it was last year and about half of our current commits are olinemen. RB? Yeah, that's where it went full retard.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n64010 said:
My intent was to call your post retarded, which I did by saying your post was retarded. Our dline is deep with talent. Our oline is light years ahead of where it was last year and about half of our current commits are olinemen. RB? Yeah, that's where it went full retard.

No, not at all. We should have top talent. That top talent should play like top talent. This is not the case now, nor has it been for a few years. Period.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;64016 said:
Ray Finkle;n64010 said:
No, not at all. We should have top talent. That top talent should play like top talent. This is not the case now, nor has it been for a few years. Period.
The issue is not talent in most positions you spoke of, it's the man calling the shots. The OP asked for things other than the coaching, and the talent is there basically across the board.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n64018 said:
The issue is not talent in most positions you spoke of, it's the man calling the shots. The OP asked for things other than the coaching, and the talent is there basically across the board.

If the talent is there, there is no proof. When I see the proof, I will believe.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n64010 said:

Outside of Fowler and Bullard, I'd disagree on the DL. Yes, we have depth. But beyond a few players, I see a lot of role players, not stars.

And while I agree that we have talent at Rb, there's nothing to say we don't have just Taylor and Powell at this point next year with KT on the verge of declaring for the draft. It's not a knock on current players to say we have a need at a certain position.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator812;64019 said:
Ray Finkle;n64018 said:
If the talent is there, there is no proof. When I see the proof, I will believe.
Well in that case I hope for your sake the next coach comes in and just clears house cause this team has no athletes.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
soflagator;64021 said:
Ray Finkle;n64010 said:
Outside of Fowler and Bullard, I'd disagree on the DL. Yes, we have depth. But beyond a few players, I see a lot of role players, not stars. And while I agree that we have talent at Rb, there's nothing to say we don't have just Taylor and Powell at this point next year with KT on the verge of declaring for the draft. It's not a knock on current players to say we have a need at a certain position.
Willis has great potential. DTs typically take a couple years to get SEC ready, so that is in more of a wait and see trend. Who is on the verge of declaring at RB? And I hope Lane sticks around, I would like to see him in some game action.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. This team is full of potential. What if this? What if that? Nothing to show for any of it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ray Finkle;n64024 said:
Willis has great potential. DTs typically take a couple years to get SEC ready, so that is in more of a wait and see trend. Who is on the verge of declaring at RB? And I hope Lane sticks around, I would like to see him in some game action.

Well, they all have tons of potential. And yes, it takes a while to get SEC ready, but you should see it along the way. Think of guys like Marcus Thomas, Floyd, TDavis, etc. I don't see that with Brantley, Bostick, Ivey, Sherrit, etc.

And I love Lane as well. But has he ever even run a play in a real game? He may end up being great for us. But I don't think you consider him a "known" and handle recruiting based on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.