The National Signing Day Thread

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We have plenty of WR's on the hook. I think we have a few higher than this guy, especially Schwartz & Copeland.
Would have been I nice pickup but it's not like he was leaning to us recently. With 200 offers out there you're gonna lose some. Plus Schwartz is just as good (maybe better with that speed) and Copeland is much better. Gotta hang on to those two and the two ham & eggers that have already committed.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thompson the best WR in the state this year...kid is beast...period!
Personal opinion is personal.
http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Fo...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

Looks to me like Jacob is the 2nd best
Schwartz is the 7th
And Thompson is the 6th.
I'd say we're okay.

And Rivals has
https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2018/florida
Thompson 2nd
Shwartz 3rd
Copeland 8th

Oddly nobody has Thompson as the best period exclamation point ellipse
And if you average it he's 4th hyphen, dash, parentheses

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators recruiting news & notes from NFA7v7 championship

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-day-1-nfa7v7

BRADENTON, Fla. — A couple Gators commits and several Florida targets competed Saturday in the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy.

All eyes were on 5-star quarterback Justin Fields (Kennesaw, Ga.), who visited Georgia, Auburn and Florida State this week and plans to take a trip to Florida early next week.

Fields only met with the media briefly Saturday, but confirmed SEC Country’s report about his upcoming UF visit. He also said that North Carolina and Ole Miss have an outside shot, while Alabama and LSU are no longer being considered.

Florida running back Iverson Clement (Mount Holly, N.J.) performed well and led his 7-on-7 team to a 4-0 start in the tournament. Clement has a relationship with Fields and gave the Gators an “88 percent” chance at landing the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat QB.

Gators commit Maurice Goolsby, a 2019 athlete from Dunnellon, Fla., also competed Saturday and made an impressive catch during his first game.

Here are some other news and notes from IMG Academy:

• Warren Thompson, a 4-star wide receiver from Seffner, Fla., said he has eliminated Florida. “I like the school, but it’s not a fit for me. I see a better fit at schools other than Florida.” Thompson plans to announce his two finalists this month.
  • Trey Dean, a 4-star safety from Hampton, Ga., said he would be committed to the Gators right now if former secondary coach Torrian Gray didn’t leave for the Washington Redskins. “No doubt about it, if he was still there I’d be committed. The relationship I had with Coach Gray was unbreakable.” Dean said he still likes Florida but hasn’t bonded yet with Gray’s successor, Corey Bell. He plans to decide on July 31.
  • Jordan Miner, a 4-star cornerback from Tampa, Fla., visited the Gators last week and said UF is one of his top schools. “It’s close to home. I feel comfortable. I get a better relationship with the coaches every time I go there. I can see myself playing there.”
  • Mark Pope, a 4-star wide receiver from Miami, is committed to the hometown Hurricanes. However, he still likes the Gators and visited Florida on June 1. “I enjoyed myself. The whole coaching staff wanted me to come up there and talk to them, so I went. They said they’re still there for me if I change my mind.”
  • John Dixon, a 2019 cornerback from Tampa, Fla., received an offer from the Gators earlier this month after camping at UF. “I was surprised by the offer. I grew up a Florida fan so that’s hard to pass up.” Dixon has also been offered in June by Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee. He plans to make a decision after his junior season.
  • Harrison Bailey, a 2020 quarterback from Marietta, Ga., is one of Florida’s top targets in his class. He last visited UF for the spring game and believes the Gators’ offense will be better this year. “Feleipe (Franks) looked really good. The quarterbacks they have in there now are pretty decent. I think (the staff) works to their capabilities. They have the wideouts to sling it around, but they have a big offensive line to run it if they need to.”
  • Tyreke Johnson, a 5-star defensive back from Jacksonville, Fla., declined interview requests Saturday. However, he did his talking on the field by manhandling this receiver.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida commit gives Gators ’88 percent’ chance with 5-star QB Justin Fields

http://gatorchatter.com/forums/main-sports-forum.20/

BRADENTON, Fla. — Iverson Clement is the lone 2018 Florida commit competing this weekend in the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy.

The 4-star running back from Mount Holly, N.J., pledged to the Gators two months ago after visiting UF in the spring. He returned to campus last week for summer camp.

“I’m 110 percent locked in,” Clement said. “Right now, I’m just building the class and trying to get guys to join. Right now we don’t have a quarterback, so I’m talking to Justin Fields.”

“We talk on Twitter a lot. He’s a cool guy. I thought I was bigger than him, but he’s a big dude. I was watching him play. Strong arm, very accurate, nice posture. I like that about him.”

Fields has become one of the nation’s most high-profile recruits since de-committing from Penn State on June 6. Georgia, Auburn and Florida State all received visits this week from the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback.

SEC Country first reported Tuesday that Fields is scheduled to visit Florida next week after the NFA7v7 tournament. Fields confirmed those plans Saturday during his brief interview with reporters at IMG Academy.

Fields also told Clement he’s visiting UF early next week.

“High,” Clement said when asked about Florida’s chances with Fields. “I’d say 88 percent out of 100.”

After weeks of communicating on social media, Clement and Fields met for first time Saturday. Their 7-on-7 teams played against each other and Clement made a bet with Fields.

“If we beat you, you gotta commit,” Clement said. “I was just joking, but we beat his team. He just laughed at me and shook his head after the game.

“I think I impressed him. I scored 3 times. Every time I touched the ball I wanted to put on a show for him on purpose, so that’s exactly what I did.”

Fields is hoping to decide before the start of his senior season. Clement plans to continue recruiting Fields, though he keeps those conversations casual.

“I don’t want to bug him too much,” Clement said. “Some people take things certain ways. It’s all about how he feels. I’m not the type of dude to put pressure on anybody. Whatever he feels comfortable with, I’ll support him.

“I just told him, ‘Yo, man. I’ve been to Florida and the coaching staff is really sold on you. They feel like you can change everything and bring the Gators back.’ He already knows. That’s why he’s visiting.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Breaking news...

Florida commit crystal balls Fields to UF
8837b2e4a68bdd250c4c0a5dd2bfbbeb.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Here are some other news and notes from IMG Academy:

• Warren Thompson, a 4-star wide receiver from Seffner, Fla., said he has eliminated Florida. “I like the school, but it’s not a fit for me. I see a better fit at schools other than Florida.” Thompson plans to announce his two finalists this month.
  • Trey Dean, a 4-star safety from Hampton, Ga., said he would be committed to the Gators right now if former secondary coach Torrian Gray didn’t leave for the Washington Redskins. “No doubt about it, if he was still there I’d be committed. The relationship I had with Coach Gray was unbreakable.” Dean said he still likes Florida but hasn’t bonded yet with Gray’s successor, Corey Bell. He plans to decide on July 31.
  • Jordan Miner, a 4-star cornerback from Tampa, Fla., visited the Gators last week and said UF is one of his top schools. “It’s close to home. I feel comfortable. I get a better relationship with the coaches every time I go there. I can see myself playing there.”
  • Mark Pope, a 4-star wide receiver from Miami, is committed to the hometown Hurricanes. However, he still likes the Gators and visited Florida on June 1. “I enjoyed myself. The whole coaching staff wanted me to come up there and talk to them, so I went. They said they’re still there for me if I change my mind.”
  • John Dixon, a 2019 cornerback from Tampa, Fla., received an offer from the Gators earlier this month after camping at UF. “I was surprised by the offer. I grew up a Florida fan so that’s hard to pass up.” Dixon has also been offered in June by Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Oregon and Tennessee. He plans to make a decision after his junior season.
  • Harrison Bailey, a 2020 quarterback from Marietta, Ga., is one of Florida’s top targets in his class. He last visited UF for the spring game and believes the Gators’ offense will be better this year. “Feleipe (Franks) looked really good. The quarterbacks they have in there now are pretty decent. I think (the staff) works to their capabilities. They have the wideouts to sling it around, but they have a big offensive line to run it if they need to.”
  • Tyreke Johnson, a 5-star defensive back from Jacksonville, Fla., declined interview requests Saturday. However, he did his talking on the field by manhandling this receiver.

WR/CB/ATH? We need more!

wheresthebeef.jpg

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Personal opinion is personal.
http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Fo...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

Looks to me like Jacob is the 2nd best
Schwartz is the 7th
And Thompson is the 6th.
I'd say we're okay.

And Rivals has
https://n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2018/florida
Thompson 2nd
Shwartz 3rd
Copeland 8th

Oddly nobody has Thompson as the best period exclamation point ellipse
And if you average it he's 4th hyphen, dash, parentheses
What happened the last time you debated me? Oh...thats right...you got embarrassed!

I don't give a $hit what the rankings say...watch the film!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top Performers: NFA 7-on-7 Pool Play
News notes and buzz out of IMG Academy as many of America's best 7-on-7 clubs competed in Florida.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Top-Performers-NFA-7-on-7-Pool-Play-53220403

BRADENTON, Fla. - It was eventful first day of competition Saturday at the NFA 7-on-7 National Championship held at IMG Academy.

News, notes and buzz from the event.

All eyes were on five-star quarterback Justin Fields, the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and No. 2 prospect overall per 247Sports.

It was an up-and-down day for the 6-foot-3, 221-pound Fields who during pool play showed great command of the offense, spun a pretty ball and was very accurate. Playing for Cam Newton All-Stars, Fields had several fantastic second-level throws, fit the ball in windows and spread it around. Unfortunately the Kennesaw (Ga.) Harrison blue-chipper was plagued by drops and some interceptions. Fields and his team will look to rally on elimination day Sunday.

Regarding Fields’s recruitment, he had positive things to say about Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Georgia, and even added he still talks to Penn State every day. Most of the speculation on the IMG campus was that FSU has gained control here and the 247Sports Crystal Ball is picking up steam for the Seminoles. However the Gators remain the favorite on the Crystal Ball and Fields says he could visit there in the next week.

There is no timetable for a college decision, and talking to the insiders across the 247Sports network, sounds like all the finalists minus the Nittany Lions feel at least relatively good about their chances.

ALPHA DOG

Nobody made more big plays at crucial moments than Miami receiver commit Mark Pope.

The most explosive player at the event, the nation’s No. 2 player at his position per 247Sports showed the type of difference-maker he could be in Coral Gables when his number was called to win a late afternoon game. Nursing an ankle injury, Pope had to put his cleats back on while sitting on the sideline, check back into the game at the end to run a double-move and catch the game-winning touchdowns against a very-game AWP team.

Pope is in the discussion if not the outright leader as America’s top deep threat and he had several 40-yard scores on this day.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Pope is one of the jewels of a Miami class that 247Sports ranks No. 2 nationally.

_P4WEzrkC66VHlL8.jpg

Follow
Andrew Ivins

✔@Andrew_Ivins

Want to win? Put Mark Pope in.

3:53 PM - 17 Jun 2017

NEXT FIVE OFFENSE

• Top247 receiver Warren Thompson was the touchdown maker for Team Tampa during pool play seemingly finding the end zone as much as any other competitor on the field. The 6-foot-3, 196-pound Thompson is quick off the line of scrimmage, used his size and body control to dominate in the red zone and was also a matchup problem because of his speed. Florida State and Oregon are two of the top contenders.
  • Florida commit Iverson Clement found pay dirt plenty of times as well in leading his NLG team to an undefeated record in pool play. A versatile guy that also gave his team good reps at cornerback.
  • Quarterback Devin Black was big-time for a GNG team ripping the most highlight-reel throws on the day in leading his team to a couple upset wins. Louisville and Indiana are the programs he’s highest on and will visit both in July.
  • Had drops not plagued Michigan commit Joe Milton, he’d of been strongly in the running for Alpha Dog honors. This is the best I’ve seen the 6-foot-5, 222-pound Milton look. He was consistent, rips an effortless deep ball, was working the sidelines, the middle of the field and looked to go deep too. Milton had great command on Saturday and had his receivers held onto the football they’d of walked out unscathed.
  • FSS Elite receiver Ramel Keyton was an exciting guy, a sure-handed playmaker that just exploded in the open field. The 2019 prospect will be heavily recruited.
TOP FIVE DEFENSE

• There wasn’t a more fluid, smooth, lockdown cornerback on this day than Rise Football Academy athlete Tre'Shaun Harrison who suffocated the opposition all afternoon. Oregon is the Crystal Ball favorite for the Top247 recruit who also likes USC, UCLA, Washington, Michigan and Notre Dame among others.
  • Boom Football defensive back Houston Griffith picked off three passes, shining on the outside and playing nickel. He was physical at the line of scrimmage, he played the deep ball well and he was brash all afternoon. Florida State is now trending on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with Ohio State, Nebraska and Penn State among the other contenders.
  • Pro Impact standout Tyreke Johnson continues to prove he is arguably the most versatile defensive back in the country. He made plays on both sides of the ball, and has a ferocious style of play on defense. UCLA and Georgia are in a good spot among others.
  • Trey Dean’s eye-popping, one-handed interception was perhaps the highlight of the day, but his consistency all day is one of the reasons why FSS Elite will be a contender to win the whole thing. He was around the football a lot on Saturday. Georgia is the heavy 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite.
  • Quindarious Monday seeked out the opposition’s best receiver every rep and stalked him. He too had a fantastic one-handed interception. Auburn is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite however Clemson could pull this one out.
TOURNAMENT FAVORITE

Boom Football rolled on day one with a bevy of playmakers on offense and one of the best secondaries. Joining Griffith in the secondary was Minnesota cornerback commit Tyrik Henderson along with Northwestern bound safety Greg Newsome and 2019 recruit Cameron Coleman.

The four-star Coleman went both ways and showed why he is one of the more electric guys in the country on offense. Cincinnati receiver commit Jayshon Jackson was also a handful and Charles Robinson was the deep threat that also is the top target in the red zone.

2019 Michael Love was a valuable piece on both sides as well as Boom Football looks to win another National Championship.

Other contenders include Fire, FSS Elite, Rise Football, Pro Impact and Record Breakerz.

MORE EYE CATCHERS

Notre Dame safety commit Derrick Allen and Georgia cornerback commit Chris Smith were two of the top players at their respective positions. Smith didn't give up much on the outside and Allen controlled the middle of the field taking away crossing routes and providing help on deep balls. Those DBs along with 2020 quarterback Harrison Bailey are why FSS Elite will push Boom for a championship. Jermaine Burton and Xyre Wilson were two more receivers that impressed on this squad.

The nation's top-ranked 2019 cornerback Akeem Dent was a presence for the Fire team in the secondary.

Kwantel Raines was the big name for the Evolve Athletics squad out of Pennsylvania and he certainly flashed. So did his teammate, 2019 two-way standout Corey Thomas.

Florida looks to be getting a good one in Maurice Goolsby and UCF commit Justin McGriff has a high ceiling as well. Both flashed from Unsigned Preps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator