The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TE planning to visit UF
Three-star TE planing to visit UF

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/In-state-prospect-Dante-Lang-planing-UF-visit--53218763

BRADENTON, Fla. – Despite being listed as a defensive end by most recruiting services, Boca Raton (Fla.) athlete Dante Lang helped his 7on7 team at the tight end position on Saturday during the NFA7v7 National Championship.

The three-stars has schools that have offered on both offense and defense, and according to him there is no preference on where he wants to play in college.

“I can play on either side of the ball and I really am not sure what side of the ball I want to play. I really am looking at schools at what the best fit for me is. I will play whatever position a school wants me to play it really depends where they want me.”

The Florida Gators offered Lang earlier this spring as a tight end and have continued to press for his to be in the class. Next month Lang will get a chance to visit UF’s campus once again.

“Basically they want me to be a Gator,” said Lang. “They want me to get up there and me and my coach actually are going up to the Friday Night Lights Camp next month. Once we get up there I can see the campus again more and see how it is. They tell me they like me as a player and Coach [Greg] Nord says they use their tight end a lot.”

It’s the duo of Greg Nord and Ja'Juan Seider handling the 6-foot-5, 220-pounders recruitment for the Gators. So far Lang has gotten a strong bond with both.

“I am close with them and I talk with Coach Nord like five days out of the week and then talk to Coach Seider the other two days in the week. I call them and text them and they hit me up and talk just to talk and check up on me and my family. They just show love. I like that Coach Nord is really genuine. They had a guy decommit and they are saying the position is a priority.”

Going forward Lang plans to make a commitment sometime mid-fall after taking a few official visits. He plans to enroll early to participate in scoring ball and currently have five schools standing out.

“UF, LSU, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Pitt,” said Lang. “I am going to visit Kentucky on July 14th and that is my only other visit besides UF. Those schools will probably be my official visits in the fall too.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Four-star DE sets UF visit
The Gators will host a top Peach State defender on campus soon

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-DE-sets-UF-visit--53225779

With the summer months in full swing the Florida Gators have hosted several top recruits on campus since the start of June. This coming Saturday the Gators will have yet another big visitor in town when they host Marietta (GA) four-star defensive end Azeez Ojulari.

This is the Top247 pass rusher was offered by the Gators in April, and Saturday marks his first ever visit to The Swamp. Ojulari holds over 30 offers from schools all around the country, but has noted programs like Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and South Carolina as ones standing out the most to him.

247Sports currently ranks Ojulari as the No. 10 weak-side defensive end with a four-star rating.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Chump lands a 4-star QB commit:

http://gridironnow.com/4-star-qb-dakereon-joyner-commits-south-carolina-fathers-day-honor-late-dad/

Four-star dual-threat quarterback Dakereon Joyner has committed to South Carolina, he announced Sunday at a ceremony at his high school in North Charleston, South Carolina.

Joyner purposely revealed his decision on Father’s Day in honor of his late father Damond Alton Joyner, who died of a heart attack in his sleep at age 35. Dakereon Joyner was 9 at the time.

Joyner chose the Gamecocks over NC State, his other finalist. Alabama at one time also had been a finalist, but later removed them as an option.

Other offers for Joyner include ones from Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Joyner, who attends Fort Dorchester High, received an offer from South Carolina when he was an eighth grade – a time when Steve Spurrier was the Gamecocks’ coach. Current South Carolina tight ends coach Pat Washington and co-offensive coordinator Kurt Roper now serve as Joyner’s primary and secondary recruiters.

Joyner plans to enroll early at South Carolina this January.

According to 247Sports Composite, Joyner is a top-10 dual-threat quarterback and top-five overall prospect in South Carolina. He’s also ranked as a top-230 overall prospect in the nation.

As a junior, Joyner was named the South Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year after throwing for 3,642 yards and 44 touchdowns and rushing for 1,089 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Joyner also recently participated in the Elite 11 Finals as one of the nation’s top quarterbacks in the 2018 recruiting class.

With his announcement, South Carolina now has nine commitments in its 2018 recruiting class and its first quarterback.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn, Florida make top three of 2018 3-star cornerback prospect Juanyeh Thomas

A pair of SEC programs — Auburn and Florida — are among the final three schools for 247Sports 3-star cornerback Juanyeh Thomas. The Niceville (Fla.) 2018 prospect released his list via Twitter on Sunday.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-florida-top-three-juanyeh-thomas

Thomas stands 6 feet, 2 inches and weighs 204 pounds, so he is big enough to win battles at both the line of scrimmage and in the air against receivers. He visited Auburn on June 3, with the Tigers standing in good position to land him. Both of the 247Sports crystal ball predictions for Thomas are for Auburn.

Mississippi State was among the schools which offered Thomas a scholarship but did not make the cut.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star edge rusher to visit UF
Peach State pass rusher to visit the Gators for the first time.

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...sit-the-Florida-Gators-for-the-first-53241499

Florida has yet to host Lithonia (Ga.) Miller Grove four-star defensive end Caleb Tannor on a campus visit. That will change this week.

“I have not been there, and I’m going to be there on the 22nd,” Tannor told 247Sports’ Keith Niebuhr about the Gators. When talking about that upcoming visit, Tannor later added, “I’m just going to look and see if I fit in honestly.”

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound Tannor hears plenty from Florida’s staff and that’s a big reason the Gators remain the mix for his commitment.

“The coaching staff and how they communicate with me. They’re always texting me and communicate with me. It’s like if you show them love, they show the love back.”

Also seeing former Florida edge rusher excel in Gainesville is another reason.

“I’ve been watching Dante Fowler for a few years, and I liked how they produced him.”

Tannor is looking at making a commitment this summer as Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Tennessee remain in the hunt. The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Tannor as the nation’s No. 317 overall prospect in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Miner knows of three official visits
Sunshine State prospect already eyeing official visits in the fall.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/CB-Jordan-Miner-knows-of-three-official-visits-53237446

Tampa (Fla.) Wiregrass Ranch cornerback Jordan Miner already knows of three official visits he will likely take in the fall.

“I know Oregon, Penn State, and Tennessee for sure,” Miner said of official visits.

A trip to Penn State this summer really impressed the 6-foot-1, 177-pound prospect.

“Penn State was great. It was more than I expected, and I really got a good home feel when I went up there.

“They just want me to be a part of something special because they are building up a really good class. At one point, they were number one in the nation, so they are just building up a really good class.”

Within the past two weeks, Miner also took a trip to see the Vols.

“I like the whole staff and the facility and everything, and the coaches. I like the defense that they run, I can fit well into there.

“They want me there. They want me to be a Vol. I think they are one of the schools recruiting me the hardest.”

The Ducks are getting an official due to distance and how long the staff has been pursuing Miner.

“Oregon is the farthest one, so I’ll take an official there. They’ve been talking to me the most since they were at USF.”

Miner says he hears from Florida as well.

“I say like once a week they either text me or direct message me on Twitter,” Miner said of his communication with the Gators. “They want me to stay home and be a part of D.B.U. and be a part of their defense.”

Miner does not plan to announce a commitment until he takes official visits in the fall.

The industry generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Miner as the nation’s No. 304 overall prospect in the 2018 class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How many CBs are we freaking recruiting? WTF? I feel like the ghost of chump is back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This class will be incomplete if we don't take at least 12 or 14 if we don't get Fields. By my calculations Fields is worth two 4 star DBs.
Fields is worth 5 DBs. We have plenty of DBs, and plenty struggling WRs who can play DB.

As for QBs, I like the option mentioned on the last Gators Breakdown, Devin Leary as the plan B better than all the other options. Not real excited about the kid from Orlando or the one that decomitted from USC2. Like what I hear about him. Kind of like the Kintucky kid too. Maybe Ole Butters can at least manage to steal a recruit from a bottom feeder program.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fields is worth 5 DBs. We have plenty of DBs, and plenty struggling WRs who can play DB.

As for QBs, I like the option mentioned on the last Gators Breakdown, Devin Leary as the plan B better than all the other options. Not real excited about the kid from Orlando or the one that decomitted from USC2. Like what I hear about him. Kind of like the Kintucky kid too. Maybe Ole Butters can at least manage to steal a recruit from a bottom feeder program.

Law, I haven't heard anything about Leary or "the kid from Orlando". Give me a Cliff's Notes....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Position change possible for Goolsby
Gators 2019 commit details the latest.

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...ee-a-position-change-once-at-Florida-53264808

Earlier this month, Dunnellon (Fla.) 2019 wide receiver Maurice Goolsby committed to the Florida Gators. The 6-foot-5, 195-pound prospect explained his choice.

“It was my childhood dream school, and I just wanted to be a Gator ever since I was little,” Goolsby said. “It’s the way the coaches treat me when I go up there, just the whole program itself.”

Florida might be making a position change with Goolsby once he arrives on campus.

“I think they want to try me at tight end, but if not, I think I’m going to be the outside receiver. In the red zone, I’m a jump ball man, use my big body for most of my catches, and I have a little bit of speed that no one really knows about.”

Goolsby plans to return to campus next month.

“I’ll be there for Friday Night Lights. I just want to see a little bit more that I didn’t see the last time I was there.”

247Sports currently ranks Goolsby as the nation’s No. 157 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
“Everyday, he would keep in touch with me,” = recruits bragging about Nussmier's daily interest in each recruit.
They did complain on all those numerous calls, they had a hard time understanding his thick Indian accent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know you got your vagina warm bc we landed a handful of 3rd tier four stars last year, criminals, injured players, maybe/maybe not qualifiers, two guys who didn't play as seniors, that sort of leftover garbage. Wanna count how many 2, 3, and 4 star players Ole Donkey Teeth has landed in his first three classes?

... do you live under a bridge that nobody is allowed to cross?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bite your tongue clownsucker! Law's an ass but he's our ass!

By a very wide margin, he's a prodigious cheeky ass.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
“Everyday, he would keep in touch with me,” = recruits bragging about Nussmier's daily interest in each recruit.
They did complain on all those numerous calls, they had a hard time understanding his thick Indian accent.

So, Nuss has outsourced his recruiting efforts to a call-center in India . . .

:lmao:

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DT Dennis Briggs set to visit UF:

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/In-state-DL-visiting-UF--53266551

In-state DL visiting UF
Gators hosting an in-state DT on campus Wednesday

After visits to Florida State and Miami earlier this month, Kissimmee (Fla.) Gateway defensive tackle Dennis Briggs is visiting the University of Florida on Wednesday.

The Florida Gators offered the three-star prospect earlier this spring after sending coaches by twice to evaluate in during his spring football season. This is his first visit to Gainesville since landing the offer. Briggs has yet to name any formal leaders at this time, but has noted in the past the 'Big 3' in Florida stand out due to the chance to play closer to home. Oregon, Tennessee, and South Carolina are some out of state programs Briggs has mentioned as well.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Briggs as the No. 35 defensive tackle in the 2018 class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator