The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://florida.247sports.com/Article/The-Florida-Gators-saw-a-4-star-commit--52883504?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170525_114430_Florida Gators&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=70-62-BF-A6-56-DA-1C-AC-71-9A-F3-93-9B-4F-D0-81170525_114430FloridaGators

Oops!

Going forward, the 6-foot-2, 193-pounder remains committed to the Gators, but would like to still take visits down the line. So far he only has two schools likely on tap for the summer, and a full list of official visits for the fall.

“I should be visiting Florida and probably UNC sometime in the summer and those should be my only summer visits unless something changes. Then I think for my official visits I will be seeing Oregon, LSU, Alabama, Louisville, and then Florida.”

Despite his interest to take visits, Smith maintains his pledge to the Gators is strong.

He says the same thing in the thread I posted. He's taking his visits. Good for him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF offers in-state DE from Bradenton. Big kid, 6'5 240:

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Gators-offer-in-state-DE-52901748

Gators offer in-state DE
Sunshine State defensive end lands an offer from the Gators.
6_5235351.jpg

Bradenton (Fla.) Braden River three-star defensive end Taylor Upshaw landed an offer from the Florida Gators on Thursday. The 6-foot-5, 240-pound prospect also has offers from Kentucky, Tennessee, Cal, Arizona, Louisville and others.

Upshaw recently named a top ten which included Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, Oregon, N.C. State, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Louisville, Clemson, Vanderbilt and Tennessee.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Upshaw as the nation's No. 648 overall prospect and No. 24 strongside defensive end in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators lead for WR Anthony Schwartz:

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...lorida-Gators-for-WR-Anthony-Schwart-52893809

SEC rivals chasing UF for Schwartz
An all-SEC top three for speedy receiver.
6_5150673.jpg

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage wide receiver Anthony Schwartz has a host of schools making him a priority this spring including Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, and Oregon. However, there is still one team leading the pack.

“I would say Florida right now,” Schwartz said of the team leading his recruitment. “That’s just always been the school that I liked. When I go up there, every time I just feel like I’m at home up there.”

The Gators elite track and field program is helping with the recruitment of Schwartz, who is one of the nation’s fast athletes.

“That factors in a lot because I also want to run track. They have one of the best track programs in the country, so I feel like they have a good balance of a great football team and a great track program.”

With Florida leading, who is running in second for Schwartz’s services?

“I kind of have a tie right now between Georgia and Auburn. They prioritize me, and their track programs are young, but they’re building up.”

There was buzz that Schwartz might make a commitment earlier this spring or potentially at The Opening Finals in July. However, that timeline has been pushed back a little.

“I was thinking about making one in August, right before the season…I want to wait more and take in everything.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Schwartz as the nation’s No. 231 overall prospect in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida leads nation with 69 nominees for U.S. Army All-American bowl

The state of Florida has 69 nominees for the 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, the most of any state nationally.

There are more than 400 nominees under consideration, and 100 will be selected as 2018 U.S. Army All-Americans and play in the annual game, which will air live on NBC in January.

The players were nominated by the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Committee, which is made up of a national network of coaches and scouts and 247Sports. The committee has the right to select players who were not nominated in the spring if they have an outstanding senior season.

You can view a full list of nominees here.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators lead for WR Anthony Schwartz:

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...lorida-Gators-for-WR-Anthony-Schwart-52893809

SEC rivals chasing UF for Schwartz
An all-SEC top three for speedy receiver.
6_5150673.jpg

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage wide receiver Anthony Schwartz has a host of schools making him a priority this spring including Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, and Oregon. However, there is still one team leading the pack.

“I would say Florida right now,” Schwartz said of the team leading his recruitment. “That’s just always been the school that I liked. When I go up there, every time I just feel like I’m at home up there.”

The Gators elite track and field program is helping with the recruitment of Schwartz, who is one of the nation’s fast athletes.

“That factors in a lot because I also want to run track. They have one of the best track programs in the country, so I feel like they have a good balance of a great football team and a great track program.”

With Florida leading, who is running in second for Schwartz’s services?

“I kind of have a tie right now between Georgia and Auburn. They prioritize me, and their track programs are young, but they’re building up.”

There was buzz that Schwartz might make a commitment earlier this spring or potentially at The Opening Finals in July. However, that timeline has been pushed back a little.

“I was thinking about making one in August, right before the season…I want to wait more and take in everything.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Schwartz as the nation’s No. 231 overall prospect in the 2018 class.
Really like this kid - one of the fastest WR recruits in the country. We need some of that speed on the outside.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid is a MUST get....it will be an absolute failure to miss out on him:

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...7-62-4E-F8-32-7D-B3170526_120836FloridaGators

4-star Barnes planning summer visits
Gators remain in the hunt for one of their top OT targets

APOPKA, Fla. – On Thursday night the Apopka Blue Darters ended their spring football season with a 38-22 win over Orange City (Fla.) University. Four-star offensive tackle William Barnes was a key piece up front in the win. With spring footballs conclusion and high school wrapping up in the next week, Barnes is ready to get a busy slate of summer visits started.

“I am going on a bus tour with guys around the area,” said Barnes. “It should be sometime next month early. We are going to see a bunch of schools like Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, and really a bunch of other ones. I am going to hit the in-state schools sometime in June or July too definitely.”

Coaches from Auburn, Florida, Florida State, and Miami were in attendance for the big game, with the Gators sending offensive line coach Brad Davis and area recruiter Kerry Dixon. The Gators have been one of the schools constantly recruiting the Army All-American, and he was impressed to see them come out.

“It just shows me how strong they are coming after me and they stayed for the whole game and even hung out a little afterwards just watching us celebrate the win. I appreciate that a lot from them. I try to play hard in every game I am in, but you know when you have coaches there you want to play your best. I just appreciate them being out here.”

Since his arrival at UF, Coach Davis has been the point man for the 6-foot-4, 312-pounder’s recruitment. The two talk constantly and have forged a strong bond in just a short amount of time.

“He says he loves my athleticism and thinks my technique is pretty good,” said Barnes. “I know I need to improve in a lot of areas still but it’s something I am going to work on into the fall. Coach Davis always tells me he can elevate my game and help me run blocking and pass blocking.”

Coaches from Florida are not the only ones in the ear of the Top247 big man, but also UF starting offensive lineman, and former Apopka standout Martez Ivey. The two have always kept in touch about things going on in their day to day lives.

“We keep in touch a good bit and I talk with him from time to time,” said Barnes. “We text and talk about our spring football seasons. He tells me Florida is a great place and not to overthink the recruiting process. He said he thinks Coach Davis is a great guy and a fantastic coach so that is something eye opening. Tez gave him big props.”

Going forward Barnes still plans to announce his commitment on National Signing Day in February. He continues to stay away from naming any outright leaders at this time, but has many schools he feels that are recruiting him hardest.

“I don’t really feel like I have top schools because this summer is going to show me a lot. I think I will have a top 10 or something in the summer. I feel like schools like Florida, North Carolina, Auburn, Ohio State, and Miami are recruiting me the hardest, with North Carolina probably pushing a little harder than everyone else.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Barnes as the No. 45 overall prospect in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some good info on recruits we are after, stats/sizes/etc from The Opening. You have to click on each picture to see their info though:

http://florida.247sports.com/Gallery/Testing-Numbers-from-The-Opening-Regionals-52909199

TE Jalen Goss (UF commit)

Height: 6’7”

Weight: 251-pounds

Forty: 5.12-seconds

Short Shuttle: 4.85-seconds

Vertical Jump: 34.4”

WR Corey Gammage (UF commit)

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 188-pounds

Forty: 4.81-seconds (WTF?????)

Short Shuttle: 4.06-seconds

Vertical Jump: N/A

DL Jaquaze Sorrells (2019 UF commit) - This kid will be a DT before it's all said and done (he's 256lbs and going into his Junior year of HS):

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 256-pounds

Forty: 4.99-seconds

Short Shuttle: N/A

Vertical Jump: N/A

CB Divaad Wilson (UF commit)

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 180-pounds

Forty: 4.62-seconds

Short Shuttle: 4.32-seconds

Vertical Jump: 36.4

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This kid is a MUST get....it will be an absolute failure to miss out on him:

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Top247-OT-has-numerous-visit-planned-for-the-summer--52908005?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170526_120836_Florida Gators&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=B9-E2-BC-9A-52-15-05-D1-B2-D7-62-4E-F8-32-7D-B3170526_120836FloridaGators

4-star Barnes planning summer visits
Gators remain in the hunt for one of their top OT targets

APOPKA, Fla. – On Thursday night the Apopka Blue Darters ended their spring football season with a 38-22 win over Orange City (Fla.) University. Four-star offensive tackle William Barnes was a key piece up front in the win. With spring footballs conclusion and high school wrapping up in the next week, Barnes is ready to get a busy slate of summer visits started.

“I am going on a bus tour with guys around the area,” said Barnes. “It should be sometime next month early. We are going to see a bunch of schools like Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, and really a bunch of other ones. I am going to hit the in-state schools sometime in June or July too definitely.”

Coaches from Auburn, Florida, Florida State, and Miami were in attendance for the big game, with the Gators sending offensive line coach Brad Davis and area recruiter Kerry Dixon. The Gators have been one of the schools constantly recruiting the Army All-American, and he was impressed to see them come out.

“It just shows me how strong they are coming after me and they stayed for the whole game and even hung out a little afterwards just watching us celebrate the win. I appreciate that a lot from them. I try to play hard in every game I am in, but you know when you have coaches there you want to play your best. I just appreciate them being out here.”

Since his arrival at UF, Coach Davis has been the point man for the 6-foot-4, 312-pounder’s recruitment. The two talk constantly and have forged a strong bond in just a short amount of time.

“He says he loves my athleticism and thinks my technique is pretty good,” said Barnes. “I know I need to improve in a lot of areas still but it’s something I am going to work on into the fall. Coach Davis always tells me he can elevate my game and help me run blocking and pass blocking.”

Coaches from Florida are not the only ones in the ear of the Top247 big man, but also UF starting offensive lineman, and former Apopka standout Martez Ivey. The two have always kept in touch about things going on in their day to day lives.

“We keep in touch a good bit and I talk with him from time to time,” said Barnes. “We text and talk about our spring football seasons. He tells me Florida is a great place and not to overthink the recruiting process. He said he thinks Coach Davis is a great guy and a fantastic coach so that is something eye opening. Tez gave him big props.”

Going forward Barnes still plans to announce his commitment on National Signing Day in February. He continues to stay away from naming any outright leaders at this time, but has many schools he feels that are recruiting him hardest.

“I don’t really feel like I have top schools because this summer is going to show me a lot. I think I will have a top 10 or something in the summer. I feel like schools like Florida, North Carolina, Auburn, Ohio State, and Miami are recruiting me the hardest, with North Carolina probably pushing a little harder than everyone else.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Barnes as the No. 45 overall prospect in the 2018 class.
Latest Crystal Ball that I saw had Barnes as 100% to the Gators. :bananadance:
Hope it plays out that way - could be Ivey's replacement.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Doubt we get get this kid, but glad to see us recruiting in the state of Georgia.

2018 Georgia LB gets UF offer:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/jibunor-has-a-lot-of-interest-in-the-florida-gators/

Monday was a busy day for the Florida Gators coaching staff as several 2018 offers were sent out as the staff closes out the evaluation period this week.

Linebackers coach Tim Skipper was one of the coaches who offered a prospect when he offered linebacker Richard Jibunor (6-3, 206, Athens, GA. Christian) after visiting his school.

“It was Coach Skipper, the linebackers coach,” Jibunor said of the coach who offered him. “He just said he likes the way I move and how fast I am and he likes my size. He’s just watched my film and he just loves me a lot and saw me today he was very pleased with what he saw and he was just so happy. He was really recruiting me hard. He said he wanted me to come there one hundred percent.”

Jibunor plays some linebacker and defensive end in high school but Skipper explained how Florida would use him if he chooses the Gators.

“He’s recruiting me more as an outside linebacker,” he said on where Skipper wants him to play. “He told me someone that’s I’m an outside linebacker and someone he could blitz a lot and use as a defensive end from time to time. That’s what I want to play, so he told me the right things.”

Receivers coach Kerry Dixon is the area recruiter for Jibunor and visited him earlier this spring and explained that the Gators have been watching the linebacker for years now.

“When he came he said they’ve been watching me since my sophomore year. They hadn’t really met me but they’ve been pulling my film and watching how I play every game, “ Jibunor said of what Kerry Dixon has told him. “ He was impressed by my size. He said I was bigger than what he was expecting. They were very impressed by my speed and everything and he was like he couldn’t wait to go back and tell the coaches about what he saw and he was happy.”

“ He was like, “Hey I would be happy if you wanted to switch to wide receiver’. So I told him ‘no I don’t want that’,” he said of Dixon. “He went back and told the linebackers coach and everything. Coach Skipper, we’ve been talking every day before he came to see me today. We talk on the phone, we talk on Twitter, we talk all the time. He came today and it was the first time he saw me and he was very impressed by what he saw.”

Monday was the first time for Skipper and Jibunor to meet but the relationship has been going strong for a while now.

“He’s awesome,” he said on his relationship with Tim Skipper. “It was awesome seeing him today, because it’s just surprising that we’ve been so close and I’ve never met him, so seeing him today was something very nice. I was like ‘Wow, this is the coach I’ve been talking to a lot’. He just laughed and was like he can’t wait to get me over to Florida this summer. I’m definitely planning a visit to Florida.”

Jibunor has had several big name schools offer him lately but he admits that Florida was a school he was waiting on.

“It means a lot to me,” Jibunor said on what the offer meant to him. “I was about to release my Top 10. Florida was definitely in it and I was just waiting for them and then when it came up I was very happy because Florida is one of the schools I’ve been looking at.”

This summer, Jibunor plans to see the Gators and several of his other top schools when he takes several visits.

“Yes sir, this summer,” he said on when he plans to visit Florida. “I’ll be seeing Alabama, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Auburn again, and Florida. I really haven’t made up my mind yet on other visits. I just finished my exams so I’m going to spend the next few days planning my visits.”

After the summer trips, the linebacker hopes to have a better idea of where he wants to attend school.

“I want to decide before signing day,” Jibunor said on when he wants to decide. “I just want to get everywhere and see what I’ve been talking and hearing about and once it’s all done I’ll go to the right place I want.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Auburn seems to be the front-runner for Jibunor because he has a close friend playing for the Tigers but Skipper has done a good job of getting him interested in the Gators. Getting Jibunor on campus this summer could help Florida out a lot and the linebacker is also a big fan of current Florida linebacker Vosean Joseph.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Upshaw has high interest in UF
Three-star DE talks about his offer from the Florida Gators

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Three-star-DE-details-Florida-offer--52931138

Earlier this week the Florida Gators became the latest school to jump into the mix for Bradenton (Fla.) Braden River defensive end Taylor Upshaw. The offer came after defensive line coach Chris Rumph got in touch to deliver the good news.

“Coach Rumph actually talked to my coaches as well as my mom when he offered,” said Upshaw. “He was by earlier this spring and I have talked to him since I went up for a small junior day earlier this year. When he talked to my mom he said how they really like me as a player and they wanted to see me in person to see what I brought to the table. They went back and revaluated me and pulled the trigger.”

The Gators went by Upshaw’s school earlier this spring to evaluate him in action when Coach Rumph stopped by. The two are still in the stages of getting to know each other, but Upshaw plans on being proactive in building their relationship.

“They like my length and my ability to get to the passer and he thinks I can keep growing,” said Upshaw. “Our relationship is still fairly new but I plan on working towards building it. I plan on speaking to him a lot more. He seems a little strict but it’s because he means business and cares about making you the best.”

Living only a few hours away from Gainesville, Upshaw has been able to learn quite a few things about UF over the years. Having visited in the past, he also has a good idea of what the Gators have to offer.

“I never say I know a lot about every school that offers but with Florida I do know they are close to me and I do have a lot of interest in UF. They have the major that I want to study which is Construction Management and Florida has a strong program there. I have seen a basketball game there and want to come back for a football game.”

Last week the 6-foot-5, 240-pounder also named a top 10 which consisted of Pitt, Ole Miss, Oregon, N.C. State, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Louisville, Clemson, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee. The Florida offer came after naming this leaderboard, but that hasn’t hurt the Gators chances.

“They are definitely in it,” said Upshaw of UF. “I have been thinking about them for a long time. I like the location, they play in the SEC, and they produce football players on the d-line. Those are just some things you can’t ignore. I have high interest in Florida."

Going forward the three-star defender plans to take numerous visits this summer, but has yet to pencil anyone in, but the goal for now is to see schools he’s never been to in the past. When it comes to making a final decision, Upshaw is still unsure.

“You know recently committing has been on my mind a lot but I didn’t expect things to get this crazy. I always thought I could get big offers but the way everyone has been coming in it gives me more to think about. I want to enroll early but if I don’t know my school by then I will take more time.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF lands 2019 DB commit:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-lands-commitment-2019-gainesville-db/

Florida claims to be the SEC’s “Defensive Back U,” and the Gators landed another one Sunday.

Jim McElwain has arguably the most loaded 2019 class in the SEC already, as it’s rated No. 2 in the country by 247Sports, and he and his staff are just getting started, too. Florida added 2019 DB Trent Whittemore from Gainesville on Sunday.

The rising junior released his commitment on Twitter:

Commit5-563x1000.jpg

Follow
Trent Whittemore @trentt_whitt

1:58 PM - 28 May 2017
Twitter Ads info & Privacy

Though the Florida class already features four 4-star recruits, and Jaleel McRae, one of the few 5-star players confident enough to commit this early, Whittemore will be the Gators only recruit in the class that is unranked so far. This will certainly change over time, however, as many recruits don’t get rated based on their sophomore year tape – and an offer from Florida is a great way to get the recruiting world buzzing.

To his credit, Whittemore has already put together a nice highlight reel, and while proximity helps, there are no hometown discounts on offers from a school like Florida.

The big, 6-foot-2 DB shows the perception to instinctively cut off routes and the size to body receivers at the college level – and he still has plenty of growing to do. With the natural hands that he’s developed while also playing receiver, Whittemore could provide some utility for the Gators if his skills continue to develop.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From "TOS", a poster over there does a solid job posting up recruiting info:

Lots of offers going out this week. Some for 18, some for 19 and even 20. I will not even try to list them all but the staff is staying after it.

Bria Mack signed with the women’s track program and you might ask why I would post that here. Well she is from New Jersey and she and Iverson Clement know each other. He calls her cuz even though I can’t verify if they are actually blood related or it’s a term of endearment. Clement is very pro UF and is active in recruiting Micah Parsons. Parsons in rated #3 NR by at least one service and cut his list down to 9. UF is in the nine and Parson is supposed to visit in the summer.

Anthony Schwartz has UF as his leader now. I had thought UM was even with the Gators for his services but they are not even in his top 3. Schwartz runs a 4.34 and is also being recruited by Coach Holland. His 100 time is faster than Jeff Demps was at this stage of his career. If I had to guess at this time I think he is in the class as the 4th WR.

Amari Burney announcement should be soon if he doesn’t move it back.

Campbell has set an August date for his announcement as he wants to decide before the season starts. I think both pick UF.

Get used to the name Malcolm Lamar. The 6’5 250 lb DE from Seffner Armwood has a composite ranking of NR 172 and # 7 at his position SDE. He is projected to UF at 88% by 247 and was on campus for an unofficial in April.

5* DB Tyreke Johnson is projected at 45% to UF by 247. No other school is higher than 27%. Still not ready to put him in the class but get him and Burney along with Wilson and DBU is reloaded.

2019 grad Trent Whittemore local Bucholtz prospect has been offered by UF. He is listed at 6’3 185, DB/athlete and is the son of Coach Mark Whittemore.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF lands 2019 DB commit:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-lands-commitment-2019-gainesville-db/

Florida claims to be the SEC’s “Defensive Back U,” and the Gators landed another one Sunday.

Jim McElwain has arguably the most loaded 2019 class in the SEC already, as it’s rated No. 2 in the country by 247Sports, and he and his staff are just getting started, too. Florida added 2019 DB Trent Whittemore from Gainesville on Sunday.

The rising junior released his commitment on Twitter:

Commit5-563x1000.jpg

Follow
Trent Whittemore @trentt_whitt

1:58 PM - 28 May 2017
Twitter Ads info & Privacy

Though the Florida class already features four 4-star recruits, and Jaleel McRae, one of the few 5-star players confident enough to commit this early, Whittemore will be the Gators only recruit in the class that is unranked so far. This will certainly change over time, however, as many recruits don’t get rated based on their sophomore year tape – and an offer from Florida is a great way to get the recruiting world buzzing.

To his credit, Whittemore has already put together a nice highlight reel, and while proximity helps, there are no hometown discounts on offers from a school like Florida.

The big, 6-foot-2 DB shows the perception to instinctively cut off routes and the size to body receivers at the college level – and he still has plenty of growing to do. With the natural hands that he’s developed while also playing receiver, Whittemore could provide some utility for the Gators if his skills continue to develop.

Why take a guy like this so early? His offer list is so poor.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why take a guy like this so early? His offer list is so poor.

I tend to agree. But he's not even in his Junior year yet and already has D1 offers. I imagine his recruitment picks up. I'd rather see a commit from a 4-star DB than a no-star DB though.....

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Whittemore tape is really solid for a 10th grader...kid can play! From what i've gathered today He'll probably end up at LB for us...we'll see.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well if he's only 16, he's definitely got the frame to put on some weight. Who knows what he will look like in 2 years, but he's only going to get bigger.
Damn I didnt see 2019.

I hope he is commited to UF and not this coaching staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You've never seen someone put on that kind of weight in 3-4 yrs? Well...it's not that hard if you're in a solid weight training program!
I thought he was going to be a senior, dude, and we were talking 50 lbs over the summer. Simmer down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.