The National Signing Day Thread

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Question, how does Cece fit into a 3-4 defense? Is he a LB? Seems to small to be a productive DE in a 3-4.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
https://scout.com/college/florida/Article/New-Top247-is-out-and-Gators-on-a-lot-111847752

The Gators have a commitment from Matt Corral (#86 in the new rankings, and have been out to visit Corral twice now.... Gators hope to get him in for a visit before the early signing period Dec. 20-22.
..... Justin Fields (#2). Currently committed to Georgia, Fields has something to think about with Florida now with the change in offensive scheme and the way that Mullen has developed quarterbacks over time.
.....Jacksonville star Joey Gatewood (#196) is another at the position that has popped up on the radar. Committed to Auburn for quite some time, Gator coaches were in attendance to watch Gatewood last weekend and with his bog body and athleticism, he fits what Dan Mullen and company would like to sign at the position.
......Co-offensive coordinator and receiver coach Billy Gonzales was quick to see Copeland last week and things are headed back in the right direction for now. He’s a highly coveted prospect, so Gonzales and company will have to stay on top of him.
... big time receiver Malik Heath (#228) who is currently committed to MSU and one of their highest rated prospects. Heath hasn’t shied away from letting everyone know the Gators are on him.

Hevesy has been hard at work as well and with the Gators looking to sign at least five offensive linemen this cycle; he is all over the map trying to bring the best to Florida..... He visited with Nicholas Petit-Frere (#5), William Barnes (#59), and Richard Gouraige (#138), early last week in what seemed to be a positive trip. Gouraige is currently committed to the Gators, but is in a wait and see mode with the new staff. Barnes had a great visit with Hevesy and things may have improved with him after his visit. Petite-Frere, who moved up five spots in the Top247 from No. 10, will be a tough one to get on board, but the foundation is being laid.

Two Peach State linemen that Hevesy went to see last week would be big time gets and prospects that they will continue to recruit hard. 5* OG Jamaree Salyer (#12) and 4* OGTrey Hill (#68) are two primo targets on the line that Hevesy and company like.
... 5* WDE 6'3" 235 Micah Parsons (#4) was interested in Florida early in the process and the new staff is trying to get the Pennsylvania native to look harder at Gainesville as a possible college destination.
The staff was in to see defensive tackle 4* DT 6'5" 288 Rick Sandidge (#104) out of Georgia.

Three linebackers...Alabama commit 4* 6'4" 220 Quay Walker (#56) moved up 20 spots in the newest Top247 and the Peach State star got a visit from Florida last week. Ohio star and Kentucky commit 4* 6'4" 225 Xavier Peters(#155) saw Gators’ assistant Tim Skipper Tuesday and got an offer from the Gators. St. Thomas Aquinas star 4* 6'3" 205 Nik Bonitto (#206) is a prospect we pointed out that Grantham should target just the other day. Grantham visited Bonitto on Wednesday and the life-long Gators fan would be an excellent fit for Florida
....Two corners the Gators are looking to get in with and have visited are 5-star Patrick Surtain Jr. (#6) of American Heritage in Ft. Lauderdale and Brendan Radley-Hiles (#43) at IMG Academy

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
255 is fine for a future SDE.

205-220 means they I have a lot of work left to do and none of the 220s we've signed have done the work.
Not arguing, Swonkey. That's what I said and I was at least partly serious. Maybe we should get some bigger DEs and teach them to pass rush rather than vice versa.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Smartest thing for DM to do is to sit with Corral, wrap him up, and apprise him of how dynamic UF's offense will be. By such DM should get Matty on-board with Matty's brand of recruiting for his UF team.
We can use a "snowballing" effect these few weeks before NSD. Use your heads recruiters.

Rog knows more than Mullen about what skill set is needed for his offense.

We should have just hired Rog.

Jeebus Swonkey, your knee-jerk 'snarkasm' (heavy on the 'jerk') caused you to miss the point of my post.
Here it is =
Carrol, one of the best h.s.QBs, has a social media "club". A group of the top players at their positions who follow Carrol's weekly game success. They chat together weekly. That's an established relationship with the top H.S. OLs,WRs, etc. Surely if Corral swayed some of them to come to UF, they won't contaminate Mullen's inviolate offensive scheme that needs zero tweaking to improve from an MSU offense to a UF offense?

My point holds even if Matt rides the bench at UF. However, I see Matt Carrol as a Baker Mayfield type QB. And with Mullen being a QB-developer, why not success with this guy?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was looking at the wrong kid. I clicked on his twitter and was watching # 25 for Southern Miss.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
255 is fine for a future SDE.

205-220 means they I have a lot of work left to do and none of the 220s we've signed have done the work.
None of the staff MADE them do the work. Spent the entire off season at Dairy Queen or something.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Just for those tracking commitments after our coaches go after a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads