The National Signing Day Thread

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you have any inkling that you can change Fields' mind, you have to explore it regardless of the consequences.

Coaching hires get three, maybe four years to state their case. A Fields recruitment could have a profound impact on them.
If he's not signing until Feb it makes it all easier to just lock down Corral and then go after Fields from Dec. 20-signing day and see what happens. Fields family is very quiet about their trips so if he comes it will likely never be known until he's actually on his way or arrives on campus

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Can't read the VIP, but man this must be a nice problem for Bama.

@LukeStampini: Let the speculation begin. 5-star DE KJ Henry says Bama bowed out of his recruitment due to “silent commits” https://247sports.com/Article/KJ-He...t-as-the-Early-Signing-Period-nears-112104477

They currently have 83 4/5* players on the roster and about 40 walk-ons who are 3* kids. They have the biggest/best staff and are the most loaded team in CFB history yr in and yr out yet Nick has only won 4 national titles there. If Spurrier or Urban had those resources/roster at UF they would have 8 national titles in the same time span.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They currently have 83 4/5* players on the roster and about 40 walk-ons who are 3* kids. They have the biggest/best staff and are the most loaded team in CFB history yr in and yr out yet Nick has only won 4 national titles there. If Spurrier or Urban had those resources/roster at UF they would have 8 national titles in the same time span.

Still think he's the best in the business. But it is pretty incredible that despite all Saban's success, 5 NCs, etc., he's managed exactly 1 undefeated season. One of those little factoids that I bet 80% of college football fans would never guess.

He's needed some assistance in each of his title years, minus 2009. And even then, he needed the help of Dunlap.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Still think he's the best in the business. But it is pretty incredible that despite all Saban's success, 5 NCs, etc., he's managed exactly 1 undefeated season. One of those little factoids that I bet 80% of college football fans would never guess.

He's needed some assistance in each of his title years, minus 2009. And even then, he needed the help of Dunlap.
Damn Dunlap. IMO...he would have made the difference.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And neither has Spurrier or Meyer at a P5 program...each had some undefeated regular seasons but lost one along the way. Part of the reason i find it so ridiculous every time we are looking for a coach when one of the favorites loses a game there are some instantly wanting to write them off...going undefeated is almost impossible anymore.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And neither has Spurrier or Meyer at a P5 program...each had some undefeated regular seasons but lost one along the way. Part of the reason i find it so ridiculous every time we are looking for a coach when one of the favorites loses a game there are some instantly wanting to write them off...going undefeated is almost impossible anymore.

Yeah I agree.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
IDK. Our offense was thoroughly Addazioed, and only functional from Tebow's force of will. I think Mullen staying on for 2009 would have made a much bigger difference than Dunlap.
Bammas QB had the game of his career in the SECCG. If Dunlap was there, he would have been running for his life. Remember, we were undefeated going into that game. I'm convinced we beat them going away if Dunlap is in there.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
:lol: yeah like winning 4 is easy or something. This is the toughest era of football in history and he won four and contends for every one of them. It’s insanity. He’s the GOAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator