Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
damn, thought Culpepper was easy pickens, now they got him heavy to pedo state

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will rebound...he always does. Will he finally gain on UGA, FSU and Bama though...that's the real question. 10th is great and all unless your rivals are top 5 every year. He's gotta catch up. Or this issue will take care of itself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5-star QB Matt Corral adds Florida offer; locks in UF, UGA trips
Five-star quarterback Matt Corral informed 247Sports that Florida has officially extended a scholarship offer. He also firmed up visit plans for UF and Georgia.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Matt-Corral-adds-UF-offer-sets-Florida-Georgia-visits-70381884

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral informed 247Sports that Florida has officially extended a scholarship offer.

The 6-2, 196-pounder now holds offers from the Gators, Georgia, Alabama, USC, Michigan and others.

"Florida is a great school," said the U.S. Army All-American. "I could see myself there, just like I could see myself at Georgia. Coach Nussmeier is a great coach. He has the tools to take me where I want to go, which is eventually to the NFL."

Corral also informed 247Sports that he has locked in the dates for his two upcoming unofficial visits. He will head to Gainesville to visit Florida on July 21 and 22, and then head to Athens to check out Georgia on July 26 and 27. Corral added that each visit could be extended an initial day or two, as he'll be traveling directly from Gainesville to Athens.

The Bulldogs remain the perceived favorite on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but both schools remain firmly in the mix.

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Corral is the No. 17 overall player in the country, No. 2 pro-style quarterback nationally and No. 2 recruit in California from the class of 2018.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
damn, thought Culpepper was easy pickens, now they got him heavy to pedo state

WTF is going on here? He's 91% CB to Penn State. He's a Gator legacy.....and we literally have about 2 DL's seriously considering us....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is going on here? He's 91% CB to Penn State. He's a Gator legacy.....and we literally have about 2 DL's seriously considering us....
Shocking

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
5-star QB Matt Corral adds Florida offer; locks in UF, UGA trips
Five-star quarterback Matt Corral informed 247Sports that Florida has officially extended a scholarship offer. He also firmed up visit plans for UF and Georgia.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Matt-Corral-adds-UF-offer-sets-Florida-Georgia-visits-70381884

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral informed 247Sports that Florida has officially extended a scholarship offer.

The 6-2, 196-pounder now holds offers from the Gators, Georgia, Alabama, USC, Michigan and others.

"Florida is a great school," said the U.S. Army All-American. "I could see myself there, just like I could see myself at Georgia. Coach Nussmeier is a great coach. He has the tools to take me where I want to go, which is eventually to the NFL."

Corral also informed 247Sports that he has locked in the dates for his two upcoming unofficial visits. He will head to Gainesville to visit Florida on July 21 and 22, and then head to Athens to check out Georgia on July 26 and 27. Corral added that each visit could be extended an initial day or two, as he'll be traveling directly from Gainesville to Athens.

The Bulldogs remain the perceived favorite on the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but both schools remain firmly in the mix.

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Corral is the No. 17 overall player in the country, No. 2 pro-style quarterback nationally and No. 2 recruit in California from the class of 2018.
So, does this mean we're officially out of the running with Fields?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Corral is that good, why are we only now making an offer?

I just finished reading three analyses of why Kirby Smart is killing it at recruiting. You'll be (sarcasm added) shocked at the some of the answers why.

1) Georgia is a flagship university.
2) He surrounded himself with excellent recruiters.
3) UGA is quicker to evaluate and offer. That sends a message to recruits about confidence in them.
4) Smart is outstanding at building relationships.
5) The new environment.

"That vibe down there at Georgia is just different," said 6'5 receiver Nico Collins, the No. 1 player in Alabama. Collins knew Smart from his time at Alabama. "It seems fun and outgoing. It's Kirby, he likes to have fun."

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"That vibe down there at Georgia is just different," said 6'5 receiver Nico Collins, the No. 1 player in Alabama. Collins knew Smart from his time at Alabama. "It seems fun and outgoing. It's Kirby, he likes to have fun."
But mac makes a killer pb&j tho!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I just finished reading three analyses of why Kirby Smart is killing it at recruiting. You'll be (sarcasm added) shocked at the some of the answers why.

3) UGA is quicker to evaluate and offer. That sends a message to recruits about confidence in them.
5) The new environment.

Number 5 was killed here when Grier went down. The buzz was back. More flags were flying more chests puffed out. There was a little more swagger. It's hard to remember but we were heading toward a pretty good class. We were in serious contention for some five star and elite recruits. Then what happened...well happened. As the offense completely shut down so did recruiting. Momentum was lost.

We can sit here and bytch about the recruiting and the coaching and so on. And it's not wrong. We have a mediocre staff and mediocre recruiting. That is being fixed thru attrition rather than firings, which I don't agree with. Seider is an upgrade, but Bell is a push at best, but doubt he's a huge drop off if he can recruit as advertised. Skipper to LB is a drop, but Shannon as DC is a plus. Rumph was a plus with his hiring and Bell is still better than Callahan.

What is often overlooked is the Grier debacle and how it affects things today. It is brushed off as a so what, we're better than this. And those are correct, but imagine where we'd be if Grier stayed out of trouble and we were competitive against Bama. A top 10, outside shot top 5 class comes in. Then 2016 is a better year and the class is better in 2017.

We should be sitting better, no doubt, but the Grier situation is not something to be scoffed at either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Number 5 was killed here when Grier went down. The buzz was back. More flags were flying more chests puffed out. There was a little more swagger. It's hard to remember but we were heading toward a pretty good class. We were in serious contention for some five star and elite recruits. Then what happened...well happened. As the offense completely shut down so did recruiting. Momentum was lost.

We can sit here and bytch about the recruiting and the coaching and so on. And it's not wrong. We have a mediocre staff and mediocre recruiting. That is being fixed thru attrition rather than firings, which I don't agree with. Seider is an upgrade, but Bell is a push at best, but doubt he's a huge drop off if he can recruit as advertised. Skipper to LB is a drop, but Shannon as DC is a plus. Rumph was a plus with his hiring and Bell is still better than Callahan.

What is often overlooked is the Grier debacle and how it affects things today. It is brushed off as a so what, we're better than this. And those are correct, but imagine where we'd be if Grier stayed out of trouble and we were competitive against Bama. A top 10, outside shot top 5 class comes in. Then 2016 is a better year and the class is better in 2017.

We should be sitting better, no doubt, but the Grier situation is not something to be scoffed at either.

There's another way they could've handled that. But they completely botched it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The Grier situation hurt us. A lot of people should have handled the situation better, pre-NCAA test and post. Also if our offense didn't take a nose dive the last half of that season recruiting would have been better. If Grier stayed and started the last half of 2016 the recruiting class would have been better in 2017. Assuming our offensive line didn't crumble and get him killed by LSU, FSU, or Alabama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

5) The new environment.

Impossible. You cant recuit for the first 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.