GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who could be next to commit?
A look at some prospects that could possibly commit to the Florida Gators

http://florida.247sports.com/Galler...d-commit-to-the-Florida-Gators-next--75055413

Four-star WR Anthony Schwartz

The Skinny: The Gators have been the team to beat for four-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz for several months now. He's visited UF's campus many times since landing an offer earlier this year. Not only does Schwartz have interest in playing football at UF, but also running track as well as he is tabbed as one of the fastest prospects for his recruiting class. Georgia and Auburn are also in play, and he plans to visit both colleges along with UF later this month. A decision is expected early in the fall, and UF is sitting in a great spot currently.

Four-star TE Kyle Pitts

The Skinny: Four-star tight end Kyle Pitts was planning to make a commitment on July 4th, but decided to hold off for a few weeks. It's rumored he is having a commitment video made for him which he is hoping to release in a couple of weeks. The Gators have been the team getting most of the buzz after a successful visit to Gainesville last month. Georgia, Maryland, and Virginia Tech are also mentioned but the Gators are looking like the smart pick for now.

Four-star OT Richard Gouraige

The Skinny: The Gators have been the team to beat for in-state offensive tackle Richard Gouraige since the spring. He was able to visit Gainesville twice, and immensely enjoyed his time around first year offensive line coach Brad Davis. Gouraige feels he is closest with Coach Davis than any other coach recruiting him, and after several visit to UF he is comfortable with their campus. Gouraige has yet to give any definite commitment date, and continues to say he will end things when the time is right. Many feel if UF is able to get him on campus again, and the visit goes well, that he could be tempted to pull the trigger.

Four-star OG Curtis Dunlap

The Skinny: The Gators have kept their eye on four-star offensive guard Curtis Dunlap for some time now. The Gators were still in the evaluation process with Dunlap back in the spring, but have turned the heat up on him this summer after a strong showing in Oregon at the Nike Opening. The Jacksonville native has quite a bit of interest in UF, and there have been whispers of him hoping to have a commitment in the books sooner rather than later. There are plans to visit UF sometime this summer, and the staff will likely push for a commitment.

Four-star DT Dante Stills

The Skinny: The Gators will host four-star defensive tackle Dante Stills on campus sometime at the end of this week or the first of next week. This will be Stills first ever visit to UF, and as a priority target, the staff is going to roll out the red carper for him. West Virginia is the big competition for Stills as his father played there and his older brother is a freshman on the roster. Despite those ties, Stills has a ton of interest in UF, and is very close with defensive line coach Chris Rumph and area recruiter Ja'Juan Seider, who played with Stills father at WVU. Look for Stills to make a commitment sometime next month after his visits have concluded.

Four-star LB David Reese

The Skinny: The Gators are hoping to get four-star linebacker David Reese on campus sometime this summer, as he is planning to make a commitment before the start of the school year. He's visited UF in the past when his older brother was a prospect, but the younger Reese has yet to be in Gainesville on a recruiting visit of his own. Michigan seems to be Florida's biggest competition after a visit there earlier in the summer. Reese prefers to stay closer to home, so a strong visit to UF can make a lasting impression.

Four-star RB Asa Martin

The Skinny: The Gators were the outfight team to beat for four-star running back Asa Martin back in the spring. However in-state programs Alabama and Auburn have closed the gap significantly after visits there in the spring and summer. Martin plans to make a commitment on August 24th, and will visit Auburn, Florida, and possibly Clemson before then. The Gators will need their visit to go well as their one time lead has slipped.

Three-star S Randy Russell

The Skinny: After backing off a commitment to Miami earlier this summer, the Florida Gators are seen as the team to beat for three-star safety Randy Russell. He's taken a visit to Gainesville once already this summer and is planning to come back next week for Friday Night Lights. With the need at safety UF has this cycle this is one the staff would like to have wrapped up heading into the season.
Interesting that we could end up with 2 LBs on the roster named David Reese. How would that work out as far as listing their names on their jerseys?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting that we could end up with 2 LBs on the roster named David Reese. How would that work out as far as listing their names on their jerseys?

I think Reese ends up at Miami. Likely our next commit is the 3-star Safety, Russell. Hopefully we land at least 4 of the kids on that list...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Reese ends up at Miami. Likely our next commit is the 3-star Safety, Russell. Hopefully we land at least 4 of the kids on that list...
Would love to pick up the TE, 2 OL, and DT if we're getting 4 only.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

From what I have seen on twitter and others... Pitts is very likely. Marianna even mentioned we should get an OL to commit this month, so that would be 2. It sounds like Schwartz is a probable as well. So that would leave either the Safety or other OL/DT if we only get 4. I think it is likely we get more than that from that list.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From what I have seen on twitter and others... Pitts is very likely. Marianna even mentioned we should get an OL to commit this month, so that would be 2. It sounds like Schwartz is a probable as well. So that would leave either the Safety or other OL/DT if we only get 4. I think it is likely we get more than that from that list.

I did say "at least 4"!! Hopefully we pull more than that...but either way it needs to pick up. I was hopefully we'd have 10-12 commits before fall starts...now I'm not sure that will happen. Especially after the 2 decommits.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd love to land Stills, but seems it will be hard to pull him from WVU:

DT Dante Stills planning to visit Florida Gators this month

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/dante-stills-visit-florida-gators

Visits coming for Dante Stills
The recruiting process is winding down for one of the nation’s top defensive tackles.

Dante Stills, a 4-star recruit from Fairmont, W.Va., plans to decide in late August. Florida is one of three finalists for Stills along with Oklahoma and West Virginia.

Gators running back coach Ja’Juan Seider is Stills’ primary recruiter and he also speaks with Gators defensive line coach Chris Rumph.

“I have great relationships with Coach Seider and Coach Rumph,” Stills said. “I like them a lot. That’s why Florida is one of my top schools. I just have to go down there and visit. Then it’ll go from there.”

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound lineman plans to check out Florida later this month, potentially for Friday Nights Lights (July 21), if his schedule permits. It will be his first trip to Gainesville.

“First, the academics. That’s a big thing with my family. I want to study in business,” Stills said. “Another thing is playing time. Some schools have talked about me redshirting, but Coach Rumph told me I’ll get the opportunity in practice before that decision is made.”

Stills is ranked as the nation’s No. 13 defensive tackle and No. 143 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite. As a lifelong Mountaineers fan, Stills admits that proximity to home will factor into his decision.

“No, but yes at the same time,” Stills said. “If I do go far away, I won’t be able to come back for holidays like Thanksgiving and family events. But I have to handle my business and do what’s best for my future.

“My family is with me no matter what, but we’re all hometown West Virginia fans. I grew up in West Virginia, so if I do leave home, it’s probably going to be one of the hardest decisions of my life.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We MUST land Barnes!!

5-star QB Matt Corral, elite OL William Barnes attending Florida’s Friday Night Lights

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/william-barnes-matt-corral-florida

William Barnes confirms plans
One of the nation’s top offensive lineman has cleared up conflicting reports about an upcoming recruiting visit.

Earlier this month, William Barnes told SEC Country he would visit Florida for Friday Night Lights. However, a few reports this week listed Barnes as an expected visitor for Alabama’s Champions Cookout, which falls on the same day as the Gators’ annual recruiting showcase.

Barnes confirmed Wednesday to SEC Country that he’s visiting Florida, not Alabama, on July 21. It will be the second trip to UF in as many months for the 4-star lineman from Apopka, Fla.

“I love the campus. It’s just a great feeling,” Barnes said of Florida. “The atmosphere and the community, it’s all great. There’s no hatred in anybody.

“The coaches tell me they have everything I need up there. So I’m just hoping to see a little bit more of that.”

UF offensive line coach Brad Davis serves as the primary recruiter for Barnes and met him for the first time in February. They’ve formed a close relationship over the past four months.

“I just love talking to coach Brad Davis,” Barnes said. “He’s just an awesome person to be around. I definitely like that about him.

“He kind of just has a feel for younger guys. I guess you can say he’s with it. He knows the lingo and stuff like that. So I can relate to him well.”

Barnes is ranked the nation’s No. 4 offensive tackle and No. 48 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. Florida and North Carolina are his co-leaders and he plans to make his decision on National Signing Day.

Matt Corral moves up UF visit
The nation’s No. 2 pro-style quarterback has changed his July visit schedule.

Matt Corral, a 5-star QB from Long Beach, Calif., told SEC Country at The Opening that he would visit Florida in late July after trips to Alabama (July 21) and Georgia (July 26).

However, Corral has pushed back his Alabama trip in favor of attending Florida’s Friday Night Lights. He will still visit UGA the following week.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BMF... thanks for posting these. I get the notifications and have stopped giving them the clicks because I know you will post here in one thread. Makes it easy.

Just letting you know it is appreciated.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF... thanks for posting these. I get the notifications and have stopped giving them the clicks because I know you will post here in one thread. Makes it easy.

Just letting you know it is appreciated.

Don't let Law see this post!!! :D

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we get Barnes, Gorriage (sp), Dunlap, and another, it'll be a good OL haul

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm stealing this from a gatorcountry poster, link provided for credit:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/candy-gram-7-12-17.371400/

Just a few things floating about of interest.

When a commit backs off a school, it is rare that they will then sign with that school. Case in point, Justin Fields backs off his commitment to Penn State and no one even thinks they are back in the mix. It would have been a good sign for UF with Fields if he made an appearance at FNL later this month. I don’t think he will be at FNL as he may be on the Bama campus that weekend. Is Bama a player for Fields? I don’t think so. My take is he is really enjoying the process. Some kids do and others don’t. My take on the whole thing is that usually a QB headlines the class and helps recruit. I’m of the belief that UF will have a QB on board by end of August and I’d say it’s 50/50 at best that it’s Fields.

C J Smith: as stated above, will most likely not recommit to UF. Expect Randy Russell or Pitts should be the next commit for UF.

Iverson Clement will be at UF for FNL and as most of you know, he has taken upon himself to help recruit the class. In a recent interview Clement said he has been recruiting Fields and Corral. Now follow this circle. Fields and Parsons were both committed to PS at one time. Parsons is said to be a Buckeye lean but he claims that is not true. Anderson Butts is a team mate of Parsons with a lean to Penn State with UF said to be his childhood favorite and 2nd choice. What if this circle, and throw Pitts into that mix decide they want to play at the same school? UF is the common school on each of these guys list. Will it happen? History says no but Ole Miss pulled it off a few years ago.

Damion Pierce: Backed off his commitment to Bama back in May. He was immediately linked to UGA but as we know, Zamir White committed to the Dawgs and now they are after James Cook also. Apparently Seider has been working on Pierce hard and UF is in great shape. So then where does that put UF with Martin? I'm also of the understanding that UF has not given up on Leddie Brown. He is currently committed to WV.

DT: These are the DT’s that UF seems to be targeting. Coynis Miller, 4* out of Alabama who wants to play as a freshman. Great relationship with Rumph and is scheduled to be at UF July 21-23.

Dante Stills: 2 team race between UF and hometown WV. Lots of pressure to stay in WV and they lead but I get the strange feeling he wants to leave the state.

Malcolm Lamar: Yeah I know he released a top 5 with no UF but it doesn’t seem anyone is buying it. He still plans an OV but I don’t know if he will be here for FNL. Lamar is still projected at 80% to UF by 247.

According to some and I expect they are correct, UF will only sign one linebacker this class.

FNL predictions. A few guys are coming that UF would like to flip and others whom UF would like to improve their standing or get a commitment from. My expectation is that the staff will try and have as many of the 2019 and 2018 commits in as possible to help.

2019 Class: You have to love these guys. They are really building a strong bond with each other and text each other daily.

Judge Culpepper: Legacy or not, I don’t expect him to be in this class.

Dante Lang: 3* DE being offered by UF and others at TE. He has two OV’s planned, UF and UK. Lang will be at UF for FNL His versatility makes him very valuble. Good possibility he ends up in the class.

Tyquan Thornton- 3* WR is a name to watch. The speedster, 10.5 100 meter is the apparent alternate to Scwartz. I don’t know if we have room for both but the thought of that much speed could really stretch a defense. What is a safety to do?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(33% CB to UF)

Four-star DB Names Top 5, Sets Decision Timeframe

Top247 defensive back names Florida Gators among favorites

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-star-DB-Names-Top-5-Sets-Decision-Timeframe--82223034

On Thursday afternoon, Aliquippa (PA) four-star safety Kwantel Raines named his final five, which included the Florida Gators. He released his narrowed list through his Twitter account.

Follow
Telly Mac

✔@KwantelRaines

Bless up
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f64f-1f3fd.png

11:59 AM - 13 Jul 2017
Other finalists include Pittsburg, Penn State, West Virginia, and Kentucky. Maryland and South Carolina are both listed as schools on the outside looking in. The four-star visited Florida last month for the first time and was very impressed. He will visit Kentucky this coming Friday.

The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder also shared a commitment will be made sometime in the month of October. The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently points with Pitts with 50-percent of the predictions heading into that decision date. The Gators and Nittany Lions also have predictions as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some FNL visitors:

Matt Corral QB
William Barnes OL
Coynis Miller DL
Divaad Wilson DB
Dante Lang TE
Jacob Copeland WR
Randy Russell DB
Ed Montilus OL
Tyreke Johnson
Amari Burney ATH
Iverson Clement RB
Corey Gammage WR
David Reese LB

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like Culpepper committed to Penn State. I don't get this move, on both sides.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Culpepper committed to Penn State. I don't get this move, on both sides.
Meh, I haven't heard anything about the kid other than he's a legacy. He's a 5.6 on Rivals so it's not like he's a high level 4*. When I first heard about him I thought he was a two way player that we wanted at TE. Maybe I'm misremembering,but 6'5 240 white guy sounds more like an in-line TE than a DE.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Meh, I haven't heard anything about the kid other than he's a legacy. He's a 5.6 on Rivals so it's not like he's a high level 4*. When I first heard about him I thought he was a two way player that we wanted at TE. Maybe I'm misremembering,but 6'5 240 white guy sounds more like an in-line TE than a DE.

I don't know what realistic expectations we should have for him. However, if he's anything close to being the type of player that his dad was, we want him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.