The National Signing Day Thread

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Let's see....I could go play at UF or I could go play at Clemson?? Hmmmm, what do I do?

Gators Contending with ACC Team for 4-Star OT
Two teams at the top for in-state tackle

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Gators-co-leader-for-top-OT-target--108679109

The Florida Gators had several top recruits in attendance for their game against the LSU Tigers this past weekend. One of the premier targets for UF in attendance was Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian School offensive tackle Richard Gouraige.

“The visit went great,” said Gouraige. “The stadium was amazing and I liked seeing what coach [Brad] Davis has been doing with the offensive line. They have been getting better each week, but they still had a tough loss though.”

Though the Gators fell short on the scoreboard, the offensive line created solid push upfront on the offensive side of the ball. This was something the four-star tackle homed in on while watching the game live.

“I think they played very strong and they did a good job getting to the second level and they opened holes for the running backs to get the ball moving.”

Gouraige also kept close watch on how offensive line coach Brad Davis coached up the linemen during the game.

“I can tell he loves all of his players and he wants what is best for them and he wants them to be great.”

The Florida Gators have been the leader in the recruitment of the 6-foot-5, 271-pounder, but he now lists the Clemson Tigers as a co-leader along with UF. Clemson is a school that Gouraige hasn’t visited since way early in the spring, but according to him the coaches stay in good contact.

“Coach [Robbie] Caldwell has been pushing me and all the coaches there are talking to me a lot and just letting me know I am a big target. I talk with Coach Dabo Sweeny and he tells me they need me.”

The Under Armour All-American is still unsure exactly when he will end his recruitment, and has been saying he will commit whenever the time is right for several months now.

“Whenever the time is right is still the plan,” explained Gouraige. “I just want to make the right move for me and my family for all of us. I want to take advantage of this one-time opportunity.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Gouraige as the No. 107 overall prospect in the 2018 recruiting class.

We need him more than Clemson does I'm sure, but he'll likely develop less under our staff than theirs. Plus at Clemson, he'll likely be a part of the championship hunt every year, what's he gonna be a part of here? Credit card fraud ring? Lol. With all that said, hope we can land the guy, the next coach is gonna need all the talent he can get to dig us out of the hole we'll be in.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This may be a case of not having a commitable offer. It seems like Barnes and Petite-Frere are the priorities. Personally, I'd like to see them putting pressure on the kids to commit and sort out who want to be here. Hard to do that after the LSU game though. Seems like they are slow playing Schwartz as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This may be a case of not having a commitable offer. It seems like Barnes and Petite-Frere are the priorities. Personally, I'd like to see them putting pressure on the kids to commit and sort out who want to be here. Hard to do that after the LSU game though. Seems like they are slow playing Schwartz as well.
Oh no. All commits on a offer list have commitable offers. All 320 of them. I heard it here and it must be true.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Star RB Dameon Pierce sees us lose to LSU and decides to enroll early. RBs should be deep and solid next year.

He'll be #2 on the depth chart the day he enrolls!

Perine is very serviceable as a #2 right now, but I'd rather have the total package in Pierce. Hopefully when we finish w 6 or 7 losses and can half the coaching staff (if not the entire staff) this class stays intact. Still need LB's, DT's and OL's....badly.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top-50 WR Jacob Copeland solid to Florida despite recent Alabama visits

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jacob-Copeland

Jacob Copeland not wavering

For the first time since committing to Florida, top-50 overall recruit Jacob Copeland returned to The Swamp last weekend for the homecoming game against LSU.

His first order of business?

A 1-on-1 meeting with UF coach Jim McElwain as soon as the 4-star wide receiver arrived from Pensacola, Fla.

“Before the game Coach Mac wanted me talk with him in his office so I went in there,” Copeland said. “He was just saying how they really need me here in the orange and blue.

“They’re excited for me to come here and be an impact player. I can always talk to Mac and he treats me like I’m already a player.”

Copeland chose Florida over Alabama in an exclusive SEC Country commitment video on Aug. 2. The Under Armour All-American has taken two trips to Tuscaloosa this season, but his pledge to Florida hasn’t wavered.

“I’m still committed to Florida,” Copeland said. ““It’s always love when I come down here. It felt good to be back and check out the atmosphere.”

Copeland wasn’t bothered by the Gators’ 17-16 loss to LSU.

“Their team is full of freshmen right now,” he said. “They had their best receivers out and that hurt the offense. I feel like I can come in and make an impact.”

Copeland is ranked the nation’s No. 7 wide receiver and No. 44 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite.

The 6-foot, 192-pound receiver will follow through with his plans to take official visits. There’s a third school in the mix for one of those trips.

“I probably will take mine after the season,” Copeland said. “Florida and Alabama will get visits and I might take one to Oregon. They have been hitting me hard, too.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't seen this kid mentioned much....and surprised, since we've pretty much given up recruiting Jacksonville:

Jacksonville-area center Brad Cecil remains committed to USF, but has eye on Florida
rsz_1brad_cecil.jpg

Bartram Trail High in St. John, Fla., a Jacksonville suburb, finds itself in a tough spot.

With a 4-2 record, it is fighting for its playoff life. On the plus side, the Bears are loaded with talent, led by two FBS-bound quarterbacks. At the heart of their potent offense, though, is unheralded senior center Brad Cecil.

Cecil (6 feet 4, 275 pounds) is a three-star prospect and a top-20 center nationally in the 2018 recruiting class. Although Cecil committed to USF in June, he’s beginning to draw attention from Power Five schools.

“I’ve had some bigger Power Fives start talking to me since they’ve seen my senior highlight tape,” Cecil told GN. “Right now, though, I’m still solid to USF.”

USF is popular with Jacksonville-area recruits. Cecil said USF felt like home to him when he visited, which prompted him to commit over some Power Five schools. “Kentucky, Pitt, NC State, Wake Forest, Purdue and some others,” Cecil said.

While Cecil was adamant that he was firm on his USF commit, he said he would be taking more visits. One school, in particular, has piqued his interest.

“Florida,” Cecil said. “They’ve reached out to me. They said that they like the way I play. They say that I’m nasty and that I’m physical, and that’s the type of player they want.”

Florida has yet to offer, but that could change soon. He visited Gainesville last weekend for the Gators’ homecoming game against LSU.

Four of our Bartram Trail players visiting Florida today. @bradcecil75 @__devn7__ #GoBears @GatorsFB pic.twitter.com/PDsb3uJiuH

— BTHS BEARS FOOTBALL (@BTHS_Football) October 7, 2017

Aside from the visit, Cecil has been active on Twitter responding to comments from Gators fans and fan pages.

The Bulls remain in the driver’s seat for now, but if Florida does offer, don’t be surprised to see him reconsider.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-11_14-42-8.png
    upload_2017-10-11_14-42-8.png
    1 KB · Views: 102

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is more IMG talent Florida-bound after Curtis Dunlap commitment?

http://gridironnow.com/img-talent-florida-bound-curtis-dunlap/

It was a long time coming for Florida, but on July 18, the Gators finally received a commitment from a player at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., when four-star guard Curtis Dunlap committed.

Dunlap is the first commitment for Florida from IMG.

“I don’t really know why because we have only had football five years and I wasn’t here the first two seasons,” IMG coach Kevin Wright said when asked why UF hadn’t signed any players from the school. “I know we only had a handful of kids those first couple years that went Division I. I know that we have had several kids that have considered Florida recently. It’s not like they haven’t done a good job recruiting, or are not highly thought of on campus.

“I just think if you look at where are kids have gone in the three years that I have been here, it’s been all over. We do a spring bus tour; we started it two years ago and the first school we went to was the University of Florida. They were great and I know our kids enjoyed it. We have kids from all over the country. In fact, in our two-deep, I think we only have six or seven Florida kids, so I think that makes a difference as well.”

Dunlap is from Jacksonville. But most top-flight IMG prospects are from out of state. Last year, for instance, quarterback Kellen Mond and linebacker Dylan Moses starred at IMG, but Mond is from San Antonio and Moses from Baton Rouge, La. This year, IMG features, among others, five-star defensive end Xavier Thomas, who is a South Carolina native, and four-star cornerback Brendan Radley-Hiles, who is from Las Vegas.

Despite a 3-2 start to this season and rumblings from some in Florida’s fan base, Wright thinks coach Jim McElwain has done a good job to this point.

“It’s like anything else. When schools are having success, kids notice,” Wright said. “This is his third year at Florida, I think he has done a good job and I think people are starting to look at what he is really building.

“In my opinion, the staff doesn’t get as much credit as what they really should. You look at the number of games he has won and you look at what he has done this year with that number of kids suspended, and if he could ever keep a quarterback healthy, that might help as well.

“Sometimes it takes a while and the state of Florida is so competitive, with the majority of Power Five schools that are in Florida recruiting. So not only is the University of Florida competing against the in-state schools, but they are also competing against the best programs from around the country.”

As for Dunlap, Wright calls him “probably one of the biggest success stories we have had.”

“He’s been here since his sophomore year, and coming here from Jacksonville and having to jump in as a 15-, 16-year-old, he was thrown right in the fire,” Wright said. “Just watching his personal growth, from his growth in the classroom to watching him grow into a young man, I know he will do really well at Florida.”

Dunlap (6 feet 4, 368 pounds), who is among the top 10 guard prospects in the nation for the 2018 class, chose Florida over offers from, among others, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami and Michigan.

“He is one of the leaders of our team,” Wright said. “He’s been a captain this year, and I see him fitting in really well because he is a Florida kid and he gets to go play for the Florida Gators.

“I think Curtis is a big recruit for Coach McElwain. I know he is trying to do some things there, and it always helps when you can get some of the top kids in state.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great! We got room for all those?

Yep. Hopefully we get another commit or two that wants to enroll early.

I'm real curious to see which of the Credit Card 9 return.....and if we get Robinson back from the heart condition.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can take really any amount of EEs. The EEs CAN count back to the previous class, but they don't have to. And last years EEs counted back, and so on.

We will have plenty because of the CC, because of transfers, and because of early exits. Even before the CC issue broke, we had 25 seats to fill.

There are actually TWO different counts. One is new scholarships signed and the other are "initial counters", which even grad transfers etc count toward. I don't have the exact count. I suspect only the AD does.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I have no clue on the actual numbers, and as Law points out there are a LOT of open spots to be filled. We should have a top 5 class, even if the 4* and 5* kids weren't signing, just by volume alone we should have a top class. Now, if we get a large class with blue chip players we're all set for the next coaching staff to really do well!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We better add some LBs to this class! But I doubt we pull a Texas commit. Where are all the Florida HS LB's?

Texas LB commit Ayodele Adeoye visits Florida, plans to return

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-ayodele-adeoye

Ayodele Adeoye checks out Florida
Another linebacker target has emerged for the Gators.

Ayodele Adeoye, a 4-star linebacker from St. Louis, Mo., received an offer from Florida on May 9, but committed to Texas two months later after visiting Austin.

Despite his pledge to the Longhorns, he hasn’t closed the door on other schools just yet.

Adeoye transferred to IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) for his senior season and that move provided him the opportunity to visit Florida last weekend for its homecoming game.

“The atmosphere was good,” Adeoye told SEC Country. “It was my first time coming to see these boys play. They came up just short, but it was a pretty good game overall.

“The defense overall was pretty good. The offense just came up short a few times, but the defense was pretty live for the most part.”

Florida linebackers coach Tim Skipper already has a commitment from 4-star LB David Reese and wants at least one more prospect at the position.

“Coach Skip from the start, let me know how bad he wants me. He said the depth at linebackers is really low, and there would be a chance for me to come in and compete right away,” Adeoye said.

Adeoye is ranked the nation’s No. 4 inside linebacker and No. 111 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite. He’s considering five schools for official visits and Florida will receive a return trip.

“I plan on taking an official here, Texas, maybe OU, maybe Georgia, LSU,” Adeoye said. “I haven’t been to an Austin game, but like I said, the atmosphere here is pretty good.

“I’m going to go to Texas later next month … and I’m going to compare those (visits).”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator