GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

And thirty more.
Great! We got room for all those

Nine is about the most I remember. Is the joke because we could use thirty more good ones or because the CC fraud has opened a lot of spots? Sorry you have to spell it out for me.

I can probably rattle off around 15 guys that we should be phasing out of the program.

And I'm not really sold on all those EEs either.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jim McElwain & Co. hit recruiting trail Monday to visit top Florida targets

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-bye-week-Monday

Big week for Florida recruiting
Florida coach Jim McElwain and his assistants will hit the recruiting trail heavy during the bye week for the fall evaluation period, and they’re making several stops Monday.

McElwain and offensive line coach Brad Davis travel to Tampa, Fla., to see two of their top tackle targets: Under Armour All-Americans Richard Gouraige and Nicholas Petit-Frere.

RELATED: 5-star OT Nicholas-Petit Frere discusses mystery recruitment, recent Florida visit
RELATED: Despite lead, Gators still contending with other teams for 4-star OT Richard Gouraige

McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier will go see UF commits Amari Burney and Jaquaze Sorrells, a member of Florida’s No. 1-ranked 2019 class.

McElwain will also join defensive line coach Chris Rumph in Bradenton, Fla., for future Gators linemen Curtis Dunlap and Taylor Upshaw, as well as UF targets at IMG Academy.

Wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon II is visiting Florida WR commits Ja’Marr Chase and Jacob Copeland along with their area recruiter, linebackers coach Tim Skipper.

Miami safety commit Gurvan Hall expects to receive a visit from secondary coach Corey Bell and running backs coach Ja’Juan Seider. Bell and Seider will also check out 2019 DB Kaiir Elam — a top-100 recruit in the Class of 2019 — and players at Deerfield Beach and St. Thomas Aquinas.

Florida defensive coordinator Randy Shannon will stop by Trinity Catholic High School in Ocala, Fla, before flying to St. Louis for 4-star defensive end Ronnie Perkins.

Tight ends coach Greg Nord visits 2019 recruits Travis Jay and Cortez Andrews, a 4-star safety from Tallahassee. He will also evaluate high school players at Lincoln, Rickards and Wakulla.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nord and evaluate should have be mentioned together unless it's "Nord's job performance will be evaluated immediately"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from gatorcountry):

Greetings to all.

Here is a combination of what I’ve heard, read and connected the dots on.

Coach Mc: He isn’t going anywhere so any talk of Scott Frost or someone else is just fan blabber.

Assistants: I expect that little change will be made in the staff. The big question on everyone’s mind in Nuss. I expect him back regardless of how I or any of you feel about him. Little change is good, at least for recruiting.

The current class: No defections even with the play on the field. The recruits know that UF is playing with a stacked deck against them. I don’t know if most realize that UF is playing a lot of freshmen and sophomore’s in the two deep. Guess what, there is no three deep.

Coynis Miller: I got word after the last candygram that he was not coming to UF. The Intel prior had been all pro UF. So I missed on him. It happens.

Who else: No Micah Parson or Kwantel Raines and probably no Jibonor or Tindall. On the positive side, don’t rule out Lamar just yet.

DT: Not good. Just being honest. That said, with Dunlap coming in and three from last year who I’m told are doing well, it is not severe. I’m also told that Carter is now projected inside. UF has Sorrells for 19 and he is a beast. Need 1-2 more in 19. You know who else is worried about DT, Bama. High quality DT’s are gold.

LB’er: It’s not good. UF at one time was only going to sign one. Perhaps the staff feels they will get back the suspended backers and this will be their RS year. I certainly hope so. I don’t think we sign another backer besides Reese.

So who do we sign: I expect UF takes the best available at this point and sort out the numbers later.

UF finishes with: 3-4 on O-line. I stay with my previous projections of Montilus, Barnes, Gouilage and NPF to add to Dunlap. Some are reporting NPF trending away from UF but he is hard to read and I still say UF at this point. I believe we will add AS at WR. We may lose one of the WR commits but who really knows at this point? We get Chatfield and another on DL, most likely the JC Gerald. I think we add a DB and a PK which puts UF at 25 plus the 2 transfers.

A surprise: There could be one and right now I’m 50/50 on it happening. Actually there could be two but I can say no more right now.

Fan Boards: about 90% of the threads are negative on swamp gas. I get it, I do, but it has little effect on the recruiting world-thankfully. Most recruits feel they can make a difference so in that vein; a mediocre year should not have a big effect on the class.

Rivals recruiting: Mediocre year for the Noles and a down year for Bama by their standards. Auburn will finish with a very good class as will UGA.

Conclusion: Nothing earth shattering which is good for UF right now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If this staff is going to whiff again at DT and LB, I'd like to see them looking for some Plan B's and start making some offers. Sure, we'd rather have the 4-star stud, but let's not whiff. There are some solid 3-star's out there and we better get off our asses. And this (below) doesn't look good for our top targets (if we're offering a Plan B OL):

Rutgers Commit Reports Florida Offer
Rutgers commit claims new offer from the Florida Gators

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...r-to-an-OT-committed-to-Rutgers-Kni-109093416

On Tuesday evening Conway (SC) offensive tackle Raiqwon O'Neal, a Rutgers commitment, reported that the Florida Gators became the latest school to extend an offer his way. The three-star big man took to his Twitter account to share the news of his latest tender.

Follow
Raiqwon O'Neal ♞ @RaiqwonONeal

Blessed to receive a offer from Flordia #Gators #GlorytoGod@BDunnsports @JoeLHughesII @CoachBratcher@CoachBrianMabry @SWiltfong247

10:30 PM - Oct 17, 2017

The 6-foot-5, 270-pounder committed to Rutgers back in August and has set his official visit to see the Scarlet Knights in December. He tells 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong that he's in the process of setting an official visit to UF.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks O'Neal as the No. 78 offensive tackle prospect in the 2018 recruiting class.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't think Mac will can Nuss, he's too stubborn. What I can see happening is that he brings in another guy with the title of Co-Offensive Coordinator and allows him to call plays. Just don't think he has the stones to fire his buddy, so unless Nuss just takes a job somewhere else( don't know who the hell would offer), I look for Nuss to be on this staff next year. Disappointing to see the struggles still with the DT and LB recruiting. Thought when we added Shannon to the staff that LB recruiting wouldn't be a problem. Maybe we can find a few hidden gems at DT somewhere, but I have my doubts.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
I don't think Mac will can Nuss, he's too stubborn. What I can see happening is that he brings in another guy with the title of Co-Offensive Coordinator and allows him to call plays. Just don't think he has the stones to fire his buddy, so unless Nuss just takes a job somewhere else( don't know who the hell would offer), I look for Nuss to be on this staff next year. Disappointing to see the struggles still with the DT and LB recruiting. Thought when we added Shannon to the staff that LB recruiting wouldn't be a problem. Maybe we can find a few hidden gems at DT somewhere, but I have my doubts.
Dixon nees to go to. I'm not sure what's he's teaching our WR's, but it has nothing to do with getting separation.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can see this happening, and mostly because a 10th coach was approved for 2018.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dixon nees to go to. I'm not sure what's he's teaching our WR's, but it has nothing to do with getting separation.

Barring any deccomits, the kids coming in at receiver should have no trouble creating separation. Chase and Copeland are elite prospects.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can see this happening, and mostly because a 10th coach was approved for 2018.

Well, here's the other side of that scenario: The 10th position is most likely going to be a dedicated ST's coach (most coaches interviewed last year said that's what they'd do w/ the 10th position). So....McElwain keeps his buddy Nord, making him the full-time TE's coach and then hires a dedicated ST's coach. Oooooof! Either way I think I'd rather take a bullet!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The playcalling is bad; worse, IMO is the ill-focussed practices. These kids are lost. Practices under this HC, OC-staff have to be like lobotomies on players' CFB IQ. Going by Mac's pressers, can't you hear Mac's individual player intructions leading to no development. If this failing were not present, these players would have developed well enough to produce more.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Barring any deccomits, the kids coming in at receiver should have no trouble creating separation. Chase and Copeland are elite prospects.

...and when they get to UF they'll be referred to as "were elite prospects". No longer....

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...and when they get to UF they'll be referred to as "were elite prospects". No longer....

They might not be coached up, but Malik Davis and Kadarius Toney aren’t either. They’re just THAT good to be able to overcome it. Let’s hope some of these receiver prospects can do the same!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Dixon, Nord, Nuss, and some have even said Rump should be sent packing as well for his lack of recruiting. I wonder what Spurrier's old WR coach Dwayne Dixon is up to these day, he sure could coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.