Recruiting update - Currently 19th

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
If we finish with a bang on the trail, this class can get up around 10th. We just have to show some signs of life on the playing field against the big boys.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So in terms of avg star rating, we are tied for 10th, with only 15 commits. Interesting.

Wins in both games would make recruiting really take off, of course losses in both could make matters worse.

I think we have a reasonable chance against FSU.
With the right coaching, we could against LSU, but I have a difficult time seeing them have a perfect game this weekend, because that's what it would take.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a lot of work to do in this class still. We need to close on some of our top targets and also need to address our needs. Time to lay off the DB's (we have plenty with the ones committed) and start going after some meat. Need to add another 3-4 O lineman. We need to have at least 4 DT in this class. All preferably over 300 pounds. Also need some more linebackers badly. Let's hope we can do this, although I doubt it. Still a long ways to go until signing day however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a lot of work to do in this class still. We need to close on some of our top targets and also need to address our needs. Time to lay off the DB's (we have plenty with the ones committed) and start going after some meat. Need to add another 3-4 O lineman. We need to have at least 4 DT in this class. All preferably over 300 pounds. Also need some more INSIDE linebackers badly.
FIFY. We have plenty of flyweight outside backers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we finish with a bang on the trail
I really don't know how that can happen. Other than Leatherwood, we aren't even being mentioned by any of the bluechippers. Not even in the conversation. Not even for the Florida kids.

I just looked at Trailerbammers class. I wish I hadn't. The have 3 five star OL. THREE! Two of their five stars are from Florida.

With Bammer starting a freshman QB, and with Bammer currently having two high 4.5 star QBs committed, maybe we can flip someone like Mac Jones out of Bolles to consider his home state. Or maybe Jake Fromm won't want to sit behind Eason his whole career.

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
butters to the recruit - 'You remind me a kid I recruited who signed with Montana Cosmopolitan Community College, he made a choice'
recruit - ' ehh ok'
butters - 'you want to go out there and challenge yourself, if you win some games, that's a byproduct of the situation, and yet, if you're having fun just look up there at that great crowd'

recruit tweets that he can't find the Zen Football on Xbox

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youse guys r depraising me! Archie Bunker

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we end up top 10 in both but I just dont understand how Smart gets all these players right off the bat and we cant despite being a FL team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good stuff if you have the time:

BTW, how the frack did we let Jalen Parks out of Newberry get away?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OT
Obina Eze, Memphis commit, though tall and lanky, looked mean and nasty (he was ready to fight some of those other 'bigger' guys).
Leatherwood looked good. Flip of the decade if we can pull it off.
Herbert was an open door at the tackle spot - is he still looking at FIU? I'd understand why after watching him.
Donaldson was much better than Herbert and held his own pretty well. Hope he picks the good guys.
Robert Hainsey looked pretty good at OT - we've offered, but he's IMG Academy - have we ever gotten a player from there?

DL
Parks looked dominant and appeared to not even be going 100%. Apparently Chump and Co. never built the relationship with the Newberry boys, and Mac and Co. made zero headway in the past 2 years. It's unfortunate.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good stuff if you have the time:

BTW, how the frack did we let Jalen Parks out of Newberry get away?

We lost him as a sophomore. Chump wasn't even looking at him. I think he weighed too much. I think they looked at him and thought "he'll be 300 pounds when he gets here. We only sign tweeners."

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
you know, I was just thinking... Ron Zook couldn't coach worth a flip and Florida went through some down times. The man was a fantastic recruiter. Meyer won a national championship with Zookers players. I guess that was a different time and place, but come on. Florida is supposed to "recruit itself". Well, Mac and Chump destroyed that. Mac was brought in to produce on offense. He needs better talent to do that. It's a catch 22. Need to win against the big teams to recruit better. Can't win against the big teams because we don't have the recruits. I'm going to go take a bath with the toaster.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OT
Obina Eze, Memphis commit, though tall and lanky, looked mean and nasty (he was ready to fight some of those other 'bigger' guys).
Leatherwood looked good. Flip of the decade if we can pull it off.
Herbert was an open door at the tackle spot - is he still looking at FIU? I'd understand why after watching him.
Donaldson was much better than Herbert and held his own pretty well. Hope he picks the good guys.
Robert Hainsey looked pretty good at OT - we've offered, but he's IMG Academy - have we ever gotten a player from there?

DL
Parks looked dominant and appeared to not even be going 100%. Apparently Chump and Co. never built the relationship with the Newberry boys, and Mac and Co. made zero headway in the past 2 years. It's unfortunate.

The entire Newberry debacle is mind-boggling. Just like when we lost to Lake City's Tunsil to Ole Miss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was brought in to produce on offense. He needs better talent to do that. It's a catch 22. Need to win against the big teams to recruit better.
Total bullshyt. Good recruiters can sell themselves.

He cant recruit because he cant recruit.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Ever sat thru an entire Mac interview? We have to get some driven people in front of these kids that have the ability to make them see their future as Gator football stars - and NFL millionaires. That may keep ya in Mom's living room long enough to do a little business.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I say fire him and let's eat this class. Heck it may actually improve it. A coach in a transition year at Florida can pull in a top 20 class.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Total bullshyt. Good recruiters can sell themselves.

He cant recruit because he cant recruit.

I agree. If a good recruiter came here I think they would have immediate success in this state. Mac is such an unknown with recruits that they are waiting for results. Well..

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. If a good recruiter came here I think they would have immediate success in this state. Mac is such an unknown with recruits that they are waiting for results. Well..

I think that's only part of it. The other part is his demeanor. Kids want to be fired up and excited. His pulse is barely above resting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.