The National Signing Day Thread

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It does seem like rivals gives out less 5 stars and is just not quite as generous as the others. But i don't know enough about how either does their rankings like you guys anyhow.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals is the gold standard around here, bro. Here's the back story. 247 had callaway as a 3 star and it irritates law and j when someone calls him a 3star. So we've all submitted to it. I'm pretty cool with it ,though.

Fo sho

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
It does seem like rivals gives out less 5 stars and is just not quite as generous as the others. But i don't know enough about how either does their rankings like you guys anyhow.
Godspeed to anyone who's job it is to rank 14-18 year olds and predict where the hell they will end up in the next few years. No thanks

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
God it makes me want to vomit seeing Grantham in O&B. I guess I’ll have to get over it, but

tenor.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Rivals is the gold standard around here, bro. Here's the back story. 247 had callaway as a 3 star and it irritates law and j when someone calls him a 3star. So we've all submitted to it. I'm pretty cool with it ,though.

There is almost no better reason you could come up with to use 247 over Rivals than it irritates law. That is much more the gold standard here.

I do also subscribe to the view that a composite rating is more likely not to miss on a prospect and that you should look at visit and offer lists too. Afterall if a player has visits/offers from UAL, FSU etc that is better information than anyone's ratings. If they have UWVa on their list, that is a red flag for qualifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb