Recruits at this weekends game (LSU)

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Hopefully they have some fun in the offense Saturday. Winning ugly might not do it or some of the kids visiting.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
The link may not be working but I managed to copy the page before it changed
Official visitors

The Gators are set to host five official visitors and none are more important than Apopka (Fla.) five-star left tackle Martez Ivey. This will be the 6-foot-6, 270-pound prospect first official visit and an opportunity for the Gators to pull away from Auburn, the other school in the mix. Ivey, the nation's No. 2 overall prospect, plans to take an official visit to Auburn later this fall before making a commitment.
Current Florida commit Jerome Baker, a linebacker from Cleveland (Ohio) Benedictine, will also use his official visit to UF this weekend and despite his pledge, this trip is also important. Ohio State is trying to flip the 6-foot-2, 210-pound prospect and they are sending head coach Urban Meyer to his school on Friday. Baker admits he's looking for more details on this week's media firestorm around the Gators program and if it is a reoccurring theme. Ohio State will get an official visit later this year as well as Tennessee and Michigan State.
Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) linebacker Tevon Coney says he will commit later this month, but first he will take his official visit to Florida this weekend. The Gators are battling Notre Dame for the 6-foot-1, 220-pound prospect's pledge. Florida has long been considered the school to beat for Coney until a summer visit to South Bend. The Irish landed an official visit last month, but the Gators look as if they will get the last work in before the early enrollee candidate makes a pledge.
Arkansas commit K.J. Hill, a wide receiver from North Little Rock (Ark.), is scheduled to use an official visit to Florida this weekend. While he maintains his pledge to the Razorbacks is firm, the 6-foot-1, 190-pound playmaker is still taking trips. Look for Alabama as well as Arkansas to also get official visits from Hill later this fall.
Franklinton (La.) Pine wide receiver Derrick Dillon has been on of Florida's firmest commits despite the perceived turmoil around the program of late and schools like Texas Tech hoping to get him on a visit. He will return to Gainesville for a second time this fall, but this time on an official visit.
Familiar Faces Again
Glen St. Mary (Fla.) Baker County five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson has been on Florida’s campus seemingly more times than one can count over the past 18 months. He is set to return Saturday, just days after having surgery on his shoulder. Jefferson is considered a heavy Florida lean, but several believe an official visit to Ole Miss a weekend ago has closed the gap some.
Fellow five-star defensive end Byron Cowart of Seffner (Fla.) Armwood is also scheduled to return to campus Saturday. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound prospect has official visits set to Alabama, Florida, Florida State and Oregon later this fall, but first, he will take yet another unofficial visit to Gainesville.
St. Petersburg (Fla.) Lakewood wide receiver Ryan Davis is another that has been on Florida’s campus plenty in recent months. The Gators look to be in excellent position to land a commitment from the 5-foot-9, 175-pound playmaker, who could pop in the near future.
Former North Carolina commit Javarius Davis of Jacksonville (Fla.) Ed White is another that will return to campus once again. The explosive Davis cancelled a planned official visit to Michigan in order to return to Gainesville for what should be an electric atmosphere.
Important Linebackers
Linebacker is a very important position for the Gators to fill in 2015 after not signing one last cycle. In addition to Jerome Baker and Tevon Coney, who are on their official visits, Florida is expected to host nearly the rest of their linebacker board this weekend.
Top linebacker target Jeffery Holland of Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian is expected to be in Gainesville again with teammate Kendrick Norton, a defensive tackle target of Florida. Wauchula (Fla.) Hardee linebacker Derrick Graham is another expected at the game Saturday.
Montezuma (Ga.) Macon County top-100 linebacker Roquan Smith is trying to make the trip down, but he is still unsure of transportation at this time. One prospect not making the trip is Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett Top247 linebacker Adonis Thomas. The Florida commit is staying home to partake in his school’s homecoming ceremonies.
Loaded Running Back Group Expected
Florida is still looking for a running back in the 2015 class, and several of their top targets at the position are expected Saturday.
Tampa (Fla.) Sickles running back Ray-Ray McCloud is a Clemson commit, but sources say the Gators expect the Top247 prospect on Florida’s campus once again Saturday. Orlando (Fla.) Timber Creek top-100 back Jacques Patrick is another expected to visit Florida.
Florida State commit and top-50 running back Johnny Frasier of Princeton (N.C.) says it’s possible he is in Gainesville for a visit Saturday night was well. While it’s also possible Miami commit Dexter Williams of Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange makes his way back on campus. Wake Forest (N.C.) Wake Forest-Rolesville all-purpose back Bryce Love is another that is expected at UF on Saturday.
Talented Offensive Linemen
In addition to five-star offensive tackle Martez Ivey, who will be on his official visit, Florida will host a few other offensive line targets this weekend. New Smyrna Beach (Fla.) four-star offensive guard Jalen Merrick is likely the next most important offensive line visitor outside Ivey.
North Carolina offensive tackle commit Williams Sweet of Jacksonville (Fla.) First Coast is another that very likely visits campus this weekend. Nebraska commit Mirko Jurkovic and Miami commit Tyree St. Louis, both from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, are also expected at Florida Saturday.
Booker T. Washington Teammates
A trio of talented prospects from powerhouse Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington are expected to visit Florida on Saturday. Defensive back Davante Davis is one of the top prospects on the defensive secondary board for the Gators, Top247 wide receiver Antonio Callaway and Top247 tight end Devonaire Clarington are scheduled to visit campus.Davis appears to be wide open with his recruitment with Alabama, Florida State and Miami all being in the mix. Callaway has the Gators high on his list along with Alabama, Georgia and LSU. Many feel Miami is the school to beat for Clarington, but he is still planning to take other official visits.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Top 2016 ProspectsThe Gators will also host a strong contingent of 2016 prospects on campus Saturday. It is a chance to lay the groundwork for the next recruiting cycle which is already in its beginning stages. Here are the prospects expected to visit in order of their 247Sports ranking:
No. 41 overall prospect, Warner Robins (Ga.) cornerback Marquez Callaway
No. 51 overall prospect, Orange Park (Fla.) Oakleaf linebacker Saquille Quarterman, a Miami commit
No. 55 overall prospect, Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson cornerback Khalil Ladler
No. 71 overall prospect, Niceville (Fla.) wide receiver Eli Stove
No. 77 overall prospect, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy cornerback Saivion Smith
No. 149 overall prospect, Watkinsville (Ga.) Oconee County linebacker Jaleel Laguins
No. 153 overall prospect, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy wide receiver Tavares Chase
No. 166 overall prospect, New London (N.C.) North Stanly running back Antonio Williams
No. 182 overall prospect, Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic defensive end Jordan Woods
No. 233 overall prospect, Niceville (Fla.) safety Romeo Finley
No. 244 overall prospect, Seabrook (S.C.) Whale Branch defensive tackle Nyles Pinckney
Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage wide receiver Dredrick Snelson, a Miami commit
Tampa (Fla.) Berkeley Prep tight end Jacob Mathis
Commits Coming to Town
Several current Florida commits will be in town for this weekend’s festivities as well. In addition to Jerome Baker and Derrick Dillon, who are on official visits,
Offensive line commits Mike Horton of Atlanta (Ga.) Lakeside, Brandon Sandifer of Warner Robins (Ga.) Northside and Tyler Jordan of Jacksonville (Fla.) Bishop Kenny are all planning to visit. Tight end commits Camrin Knight of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln and Kalif Jackson of Neptune Beach (Fla.) Fletcher are expected also. Defensive tackle commit Andrew Ivie of Dade City (Fla.) Pasco will be in attendance as well.
Florida’s 2016 commits Tre Jackson of Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab and Chauncey Gardner of Cocoa (Fla.) will also visit campus. Naples (Fla.) 2016 defensive back commit Tyler Byrd will not attend due to a having to take the SAT Saturday.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While the team obviously needs to do well, the fans also need to show up and bring the noise.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
You are right Sas and Wob, all of these kids know what the deal is as far as the team...they need to see a wild atmosphere that they walk out going...Wow, I wanna play here...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully they play this video before Two Bits again, place went nuts when they did before UK.

[video=vimeo;105670219]http://vimeo.com/105670219[/video]

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n74791 said:
You are right Sas, all of these kids know what the deal is as far as the team...they need to see a wild atmosphere that they walk out going...Wow, I wanna play here...

You know I made the comment about the fan noise first.

Edit: I see you made the correction. :yes:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n74795 said:
You know I made the comment about the fan noise first. :wobble:

sb2.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n74774 said:
Hope the fans are making a lot of noise.

It was surprisingly electric for the UK game, and sustained throughout. Before the Treon news, I thought it would be insane. As it is, I still expect a good crowd.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n74807 said:
Correction was made, so

tumblr_lo1ps6soKB1qafrh6.gif

Can't believe she ended up being one of the killers in Scream 4. Crap, off topic :suicide:

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
If we play well, I want the fans to be super-loud and cheer on the players (and I guess the coaches).
If we play poorly, I want the fans to be even louder and boo Muschump (and Driskel to lesser extent).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n74818 said:
If we play well, I want the fans to be super-loud and cheer on the players (and I guess the coaches).
If we play poorly, I want the fans to be even louder and boo Muschump (and Driskel to lesser extent).

Cause the entire stadium booing is sure to bring in the top recruits. :rolleyes:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n74821 said:
Cause the entire stadium booing is sure to bring in the top recruits. :rolleyes:

Well it shows that we are passionate.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
QueenCityGator;n74818 said:

Ya..... that's what we need the crowd to do when all those recruits are there...

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n74794 said:
Hopefully they play this video before Two Bits again, place went nuts when they did before UK.

[video=vimeo;105670219]http://vimeo.com/105670219[/video]

Thanks for sharing! I (almost never) get to go to games, so I missed this. I really like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator