Recruits says Hugh Freeze believes NCAA probe is related to his religious beliefs

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="GTFO"]https://media0.giphy.com/media/FVoaPWDICyAog/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hugh Freeze is selling recruits something, but it sure ain't religion.

extras.mnginteractive.comlivemediasite362016042820160428__tunsil-tweetp1-a0854bd792ae56800e65cd94a33068c2b2091b70.png

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see their recruiting is down a lot so far this class. Makes you wonder how many were getting extra stuff before.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hugh, blew it. Looking for an excuse but the NCAA won't buy it. Bama's already paid them off so Ole Piss will get the hammer dropped on them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They don't seem to mind dabo swinney or mark richt.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not only are the players smoking it up, so is Freeze. And we all know Freeze only recruits Christians.

11ljf1d15EXMTC.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="the candy man can"]https://media2.giphy.com/media/Gy8Ss5k75nt9C/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I think he's right. Christians are a majorly suppressed and oppressed group in this country.

“Yes, the long war on Christianity. I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely! In broad daylight! Openly wearing the symbols of their religion... perhaps around their necks? And maybe -- dare I dream it? -- maybe one day there can be an openly Christian President. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively.” --Jon Stewart

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Real shame we didn't hire him a few years ago!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We always hear the "hammer" is going to be dropped on this school or that. It will be a slap on the wrist, if anything. Very little even happened to FSU who had a systematic academic scandal going.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We always hear the "hammer" is going to be dropped on this school or that. It will be a slap on the wrist, if anything. Very little even happened to FSU who had a systematic academic scandal going.
Exactly. Remember when the hammered Penn State and Miami yet they never fell to as few scholly players as we have?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“Yes, the long war on Christianity. I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely! In broad daylight! Openly wearing the symbols of their religion... perhaps around their necks? And maybe -- dare I dream it? -- maybe one day there can be an openly Christian President. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively.” --Jon Stewart
I pass two large mosques on the way to work. Im not sure how many synagogues, although they are more hidden due to antisemitism. Im not really sure of any religion that is persecuted in the US. Maybe Mormons. They are still fair game. You can call them polygamists and child molestors but you damn sure better not try it with Muslims, despite Islam being the only one of the two who still actually practices polygamy and marrying children.

No there is no real religious persecution here, unless you consider stealing a person's life work/entire business because they wont bake a cake for a homosexual wedding. I guess it depends in whose ox is getting gored. No offense, Ox.

I do know from experience there is no such thing as a Christian church or Jewish synagogue in any Arab or Muslim countries. But maybe thats's just some weird coincidence like there being no (living) homosexuals there.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... wellll, Frieze was praying they wouldn't investigate -- so, doing so blasphemes his religious prayers.??

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
We are talking about an organization that moves post season games from states based on the religious views of the people in the state, so why wouldn't he think this. My guess is that he is wrong, but this is part of the problem of the NCAA injecting itself into political debates.
Except the NCAA action was based on a state statute, wasn't it?

You "guess" he's wrong?!? Meaning you think there's even a one millionth of a percent chance the NCAA is persecuting him b/c he's Christian? That's pure paranoid nuttery.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Except the NCAA action was based on a state statute, wasn't it?

You "guess" he's wrong?!? Meaning you think there's even a one millionth of a percent chance the NCAA is persecuting him b/c he's Christian? That's pure paranoid nuttery.

The NCAA is an organization of US colleges and universities. US colleges and universities are the home of political correctness in this country. They and PC tends to be anti-Christian. So while I think Mississippi was cheating and this is not being investigated because of the coach being a Christian, it is not beyond what the enforcers of PC would do if they could get away with it.

The NCAA action was based on a statute enacted by representatives who typically represent the more religious Christian people in North Carolina. The statute was consistent with the views of their constituents. The NCAA knowing better than the people of North Carolina and their elected representatives decided to punish them for their views. Again suggesting that if they could punish a program for having a publicly Christian they might well want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.