Remember DE recruit Jarez Parks?

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Parks went to high school 15 minutes from where I live. I think he may be irrelevant at Bama with all the talent they get their year in year out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
One more piece of the puzzle just fell for Parks to enroll this fall...I think they have to give the two Blue-shirt players a scholarship first.

Alabama defensive lineman O.J. Smith announces decision to leave program

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...n-o-j-smith-announces-decision-leave-program/

Alabama’s depth on defense took another hit this week as defensive lineman O.J. Smith has decided to leave the program. The Crimson Tide defense suffered another defection last week when linebacker Shawn Jennings decided to leave the program despite his brother currently being a member of the team.

Smith announced his departure via his Instagram account. Smith included the following message announcing his decision to leave the program:

“I want to thank The University Of Alabama for being home to me for the last 3 years. After talking with My family and Coach Saban I have decided to transfer and Open up Recruiting. I want to thank Coach Saban and his whole staff for helping me get better everyday and also I want to thank all of my teammates! I will never forget the bond we have and will always stay in touch!! #RollTide”

Smith was a three-star member of Alabama’s 2014 recruiting class out of Bossier City, Louisiana. While only considered a three-star prospect coming out of high school, Smith was a 2014 Under Armour All-American. He redshirted his first season on campus before seeing his first on-field action in the 2015 season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looking more and more likely Bama will have a scholarship spot for Parks:

Alabama football: Young WR announces transfer plans

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-football-young-wr-announces-transfer-plans-tj-simmons

Reserve wide receiver T.J. Simmons announced via Twitter on Sunday morning that heplans to leave the Crimson Tide for West Virginia. Simmons, a rising sophomore, must sit out one season per NCAA transfer rules.

The move comes as a bit of a surprise considering how well Simmons played during Alabama’s A-Day spring game. Simmons caught a game-high 6 passes for 82 yards and a score.

Still, Alabama football is loaded with young talent at wide receiver so there is a chance Simmons could have been buried on the depth chart going forward.

Alabama football signed Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs III and Tyrell Shavers in the 2017 class. All of those young prospects project to have elite potential at the receiver position.

An early enrollee in Alabama’s 2016 class, Simmons developed a role on special teams for Alabama football while working his way into the receiver rotation. He played in 12 games as a true freshman. Simmons saw action in the first six games of the year, and again against LSU. He also saw playing time against SEC foes Mississippi State, Auburn and Florida while making an appearance against Washington and Clemson in the College Football Playoffs.

Simmons was an unheralded recruit out of Clay-Chalkville (Ala.), but he has the size (6-foot-2, 202 pounds) and hands to be an impact player.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Does Simmons give his Dodge Challenger directly to Parks? Or does the dealership will no direct ties to bamuh handle the transfer?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alabama gets 4-star DL's to blueshirt....and 5-star LB's from the west coast to drop out of school and enroll w/ them instead (LB that just left Washington to join Bama).

Jerez Parks made twitter today by pissing off his DC:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Alabama gets 4-star DL's to blueshirt....and 5-star LB's from the west coast to drop out of school and enroll w/ them instead (LB that just left Washington to join Bama).

Better be careful cussing out players and pushing them nowadays

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Fn ridiculous that 5 stars go there to sit on the bench. They convince elite recruits every year that they'll beat out anybody else on the depth chart in their position group. It probably helps a lot that they are dishing out whatever these recruits want $$$. They're damn good at recruiting. I would kill to have one of their 5 star WRs or DLineman play here.
If some 5 star LBs really want to play immediately, they should come play for the Gators. Diwun Black is going to get on the field a lot next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What does the transfer of a player have to do with the 25 scholarship limit?
I THINK the 85 is measured at the beginning lf fall camp, but Im not sure. It would make sense with these people leaving at this time though, Bammer making the final roster cuts to get to 85.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fn ridiculous that 5 stars go there to sit on the bench. They convince elite recruits every year that they'll beat out anybody else on the depth chart in their position group. It probably helps a lot that they are dishing out whatever these recruits want $$$. They're damn good at recruiting. I would kill to have one of their 5 star WRs or DLineman play here.
If some 5 star LBs really want to play immediately, they should come play for the Gators. Diwun Black is going to get on the field a lot next year.

Has Smart got to the point he is getting away with this now? Maybe his numbers haven't quite got there numbers wise but with how he is pulling them in we will probably start seeing those tactics there as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Better be careful cussing out players and pushing them nowadays

I thought the same thing. It's on film. I'm surprised they allowed it to get out, especially the push. But, it's Bama, and they tend to get away w/ things other programs don't. DJ Durkin is only doing the same things Urban Meyer does/did, if you're winning it goes over fine....but DJ hasn't had a winning season yet.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I THINK the 85 is measured at the beginning lf fall camp, but Im not sure. It would make sense with these people leaving at this time though, Bammer making the final roster cuts to get to 85.

I am almost sure that 85 (and any other limit) would have to do with enrolling that many in school at the start of the semester. Maybe you must declare any player that practices a scholarship or non-scholarship player, but NCAA numbers rules revolve around being enrolled not being on the practice field.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You didn't say "most", you point blank said he couldn't get to the NFL via UF. I showed you stats that said otherwise.

Here's what you said in case you forgot.
I imagine most of Bama's draft picks were 1st-3rd round, ours lower.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am almost sure that 85 (and any other limit) would have to do with enrolling that many in school at the start of the semester. Maybe you must declare any player that practices a scholarship or non-scholarship player, but NCAA numbers rules revolve around being enrolled not being on the practice field.
Maybe. Too lazy to look it up, but whether or not it is Aug1 vs Sep 1-ish, it is NOT signing day Feb whatever, like some people think.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What a lazy ass rep by Parks. No wonder his DC jumped his ass.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What a lazy ass rep by Parks. No wonder his DC jumped his ass.

He appeared to me to look like a kid new to practicing with the team and confused about the the drill. He got the typical football coach response and of course could have actually paid attention to the guys before him and made a better effort. Good thing this did not happen at UMD where apparently ESPN would think it is a scandal of some type.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He appeared to me to look like a kid new to practicing with the team and confused about the the drill. He got the typical football coach response and of course could have actually paid attention to the guys before him and made a better effort. Good thing this did not happen at UMD where apparently ESPN would think it is a scandal of some type.

I don’t think he was confused. He just didn’t go all the way through it. He stopped halfway and just walked out. Can’t half ass like that at Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator