Remember Frank Verducci?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The offensive staff's put together under Will Muschamp were a complete disaster from the get-go. The hiring of Charlie Weis in 2011 can probably be traced to his downfall from Day 1....and the downfall of our offense since then. He also hired some incompetent assistants on that side of the ball. Included in that bunch was Aubrey Hill, who had to resign due to recruiting indiscretions at his former employer (Miami). The OL coach was Frank Verducci, who was fired/let-go after he interviewed for another job in the off-season (after Muschamp told him if he interviewed elsewhere he'd be fired).

Anyhow, Verducci ended up out of football for a year or two after he was let go by UF...and he ended up at Northern Iowa and then UConn...as the OC. He just got his sorry ass fired, again:

https://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Bob-Diaco-explains-offensive-coordinator-change-in-Week-10

Bob Diaco explains offensive coordinator change in Week 10

Nine games into the season and with a short week before a game this Friday, Bob Diaco has made an offensive coordinator change, demoting Frank Verduccci to tight ends / tackles coach and promoting running backs coach David Corley to the coordinator role.

After reaching a bowl last year, the Huskies are 3-6 overall and No. 126 nationally in scoring at 18.3 points per game. They’ve scored more than 24 points in a game once. Why make a change right now?

----------

Verducci let go by UF:

https://www.gainesville.com/news/20120213/uf-assistant-coach-part-ways

Under Verducci, the UF offensive line struggled this past season, especially creating openings in the running game. But he appeared solidly entrenched on the staff. He was still on the job as late as last Friday, when he offered a 2013 prospect a UF scholarship.

Although Muschamp said Verducci left to pursue other interests, sources told The Sun on Monday that Verducci was looking for jobs in the NFL and as a result was let go by Muschamp.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Never heard of him.

Didn't want him anyway. (Apparently, the NFL didn't either)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seen this on the espn scroll yesterday. my only thought was who would hire this guy as an oc.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was he the one with the Frankenstein head? The one who would not even talk with Pease because they hated each other so much?

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Was he the one with the Frankenstein head? The one who would not even talk with Pease because they hated each other so much?
I think that was Tim Davis

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FrankVerducci.jpg
herman-cast.jpg

Good job, GatorJ
:lmao2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a virtual lock on the bottom 10 OCs. No other team has had even close to the success as we have.

Addazio,

Scott Loeffler (fired at Michigan, QB coach for us, 100+ at Awbarn 2014, fired),

Verducci (OL coach for us),

Cheeseburger,

Brent Pease (fired at Baylor, later fired at Washington 2015),

Kurt Roper, and

Probably the cherry on top, Nusschamp, soon to be fired three times in four years.

Thats a whole lotta suck. I don't think any other program can approach that. You almost have to TRY to fail that thoroughly. You'd think that, just out of chance, you'd occasionally get an above average OC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator