Report: Franks ‘upset,’ tells Shannon he’s better than Zaire

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Report: Florida QB Feleipe Franks ‘upset,’ tells Randy Shannon he’s better than Malik Zaire

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...et-tells-randy-shannon-hes-better-malik-zaire

There’s reportedly some drama at Florida involving quarterback Feleipe Franks.

On Saturday, the Associated Press’ Mark Long used Twitter to relay word that Franks went to Gators interim coach Randy Shannon and told Shannon that “he’s better than Malik Zaire,” per an ESPN report. Zaire received the start for the Gators’ game Saturday against Missouri at Faurot Field.

As relayed by SEC Country’s Ryan Young on Saturday, Franks made the comment to Shannon when the interim coach announced the quarterback decision earlier in the week. Shannon was reportedly fine with the reaction, according to a source.

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/926844429637423104
Mark Long

✔@APMarkLong

ESPN sideline reporter says Feleipe Franks went to interim coach Randy Shannon to say he was upset and that he’s better than Malik Zaire

12:11 PM - Nov 4, 2017

Franks has completed 75 of 125 passes for 830 yards with 4 touchdowns and 4 interceptions this season. Zaire entered the day having completed 12 of 23 passes for 142 yards.

Saturday’s game marks the first for Florida without Jim McElwain.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is done at UF

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
How could he possibly voice out loud that he’s better than anybody. What part of “lowest rated passer in the SEC” does he not understand?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Yet another 'me' player. Time and place dude, time and place.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Eh? This doesn't bother me so much. The dude is competitive. As he should be. And how bad is he? And how much of it is poor coaching?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I think he lacks self awareness. He's not good, won't get better until he accepts that.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
FYI, UF gets trounced no matter who was playing QB today. Not defending Zaire, but he was oky today, nothing good, but nothing too horendious. He suffered from saw awful play calls, but he was not a train wreck. But watching Mizzou run plays that we should have been running was kind of ironic if not down right laughable.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
FRanks will be here next year. Zaire will not. Get the guy who will be here reps instead of catering to Zaire. Zero reason to start zaire.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks were a PC, he'd come equipped with zero RAM.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
FRanks will be here next year. Zaire will not. Get the guy who will be here reps instead of catering to Zaire. Zero reason to start zaire.

Franks is the worst starting QB in the SEC. We are trying to win some games. Start Franks and the scoring streak is in danger. He has been terrible. Not ready for big time football. Maybe next year with a new coach. Go Zaire the rest of the season. Worst thing he did today is not keep the ball on option plays. Could have easily has 100 yards rushing himself

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
As we watch Fromm hit slant after slant already today...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is the worst starting QB in the SEC. We are trying to win some games. Start Franks and the scoring streak is in danger. He has been terrible. Not ready for big time football. Maybe next year with a new coach. Go Zaire the rest of the season. Worst thing he did today is not keep the ball on option plays. Could have easily has 100 yards rushing himself

Disagree. Zaire hasn't show me much in his time playing. It doesn't matter the defense has quit so I doubt win win more than a game(UAB) if we are lucky. Foley should be drawn and quartered.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
All the reps in the world won't make Franks a good QB.

He might have a chance with a new OC and a new system.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Wuerful once told reporters his only concern was to make himself a better QB and player rather than being better than his teammates. It's what I always tell my kid with him being a catcher and corner on his school baseball and football team.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
QB play wasn’t the problem today which is the first time we could say that all year. Our play on both lines was the worst I’ve seen since at least the Michigan game, and probably worse considering the opponent.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He had a good drive in mop up time today. Zaire made a few nice throws. Nuss won’t give either a chance to shine no matter what, so any discussion about which QB is better is pointless.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Guys, it is beyond asinine to judge any QB under Nuss. I don't think Tebow would have much of a chance with this line and this OC. With that said, if both are showing about equal (which they are), I say go with the young guy. I mean if we want to play the intellectually dishonest game of comparing UGA and Mizzou's defenses, let's do it. It's ridiculous, but I tend to see a few people doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator