REPORT: Mike Shanahan wants to coach Florida or Michigan

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
oxrageous;n100787 said:
Weis was a friggin' coordinator. You really telling me it's the same thing? Why would you like Shanahan ten years ago and not now? Because he's old?

When you cratered the thread about top coaches to take the UF job, I was all for having Shanahan the elder as HC for 2 years with his son Kyle as OC and then replacing the elder as HBC after that, based on performance.

Have you seen what Kyle Shanahan has done as OC for the Browns? They're in 1st place in their division with 3 pro-bowlers out and a bunch of no-names toting the rock.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n101293 said:
I like Briles a lot, but he is a Texan that I don't believe is leaving Texas.
Plastic Jeebus, he lives in WACO, Texas. I find it hard to believe ANYONE would want to live there. Hell, I'd rather live in El Paso or Laredo even. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Waco.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101329 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
Shanahan = very, very bad idea. He is so far removed from the college game we may as well say he has no applicable college coaching experience. His track record in the NFL - absent riding Elway and Davis twice - is marginal, as evidenced by his disastrous stint in DC. Can anyone even remotely imagine him prostrating himself in front of arrogant high schoolers?

Jesus God, no. We can do far better than this.

SOS is older and did worse in DC than Shanahan. Your argument is beyond stupid.

For "beyond stupid", how about commenting on a comparison in a post that wasn't made?

Here's an idea: Try reading then responding to points actually made in posts. Otherwise, shut up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n101472 said:
Here's an idea: Try reading then responding to points actually made in posts. Otherwise, shut up.
:burn:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt the interest is mutual. Other than ox and mjm we can all agree it probably isn't a good idea.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101492 said:
I seriously doubt the interest is mutual. Other than ox and mjm we can all agree it probably isn't a good idea.

All? Please don't speak for us all. That kind of sh!t is a reason we are struggling with the current administration.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
I like having Shanahan's name thrown in the mix. Winning Super Bowl's as a HC is a short list. He's got a brand and whether he's truly in the mix or not, he's accomplished more than most coaches will ever dream of.

Irrespective of how we are playing now, the longer we keep the current brand of football we play just delays getting back to being truly competitive. Fools gold.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n101472 said:
For "beyond stupid", how about commenting on a comparison in a post that wasn't made?

I did respond to the ridiculous "points" you made. Several of you continue to belittle a man that has been to the pinnacle in his profession. That, mouth breather, is beyond stupid as I pointed out earlier. Continue to swing from our current loser's nuts while you try to shoot down a HOF candidate. :facepalm:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101492 said:
I seriously doubt the interest is mutual.
T, Foley already tried to get Shanahan once back in 2002. I know that was a long time ago, but Foley thinks extremely highly of him. And it was only about a month or two ago that Shanahan was at Gators practice, so he's stayed in touch with the program.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n101498 said:
All? Please don't speak for us all. That kind of sh!t is a reason we are struggling with the current administration.
Why would anyone like this comment?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101527 said:
Why would anyone like this comment?

Because apparently it is all of our fault that Foley hired Muschamp and it's our fault the administration is where it is?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even going to bother reading this thread.

Old? Yes.
Washed up? Yes.
Retired? Yes.
Hasn't coached college football in 30 years? Yes.

Michigan can have him. :kiffin:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n101530 said:
Because apparently it is all of our fault that Foley hired Muschamp and it's our fault the administration is where it is?
Have a like because that comment is likeable! We need a retard emote

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n101324 said:
Yes, I'm sure those rings and his coaching of two HOF QB's won't impress anyone. :rolleyes:

He was also the OC of one of the greatest teams of all time, the 1994 49ers, the only team good enough to beat Dallas during their dynasty.

Most of these kids would be more impressed with fancy uni's unfortunately

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101526 said:
T, Foley already tried to get Shanahan once back in 2002. I know that was a long time ago, but Foley thinks extremely highly of him. And it was only about a month or two ago that Shanahan was at Gators practice, so he's stayed in touch with the program.

theres a huge difference between 62 and 50. At places like uf, Texas, usc, etc they go after the younger clean cut guy who's in his prime or somebody who's shown potential. That's the kinda face they want for their program.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101506 said:
I did respond to the ridiculous "points" you made. Several of you continue to belittle a man that has been to the pinnacle in his profession. That, mouth breather, is beyond stupid as I pointed out earlier. Continue to swing from our current loser's nuts while you try to shoot down a HOF candidate. :facepalm:

Seriously, shut up. Try posting a little less.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n101583 said:
Seriously, shut up. Try posting a little less.

Seriously, I could care less what you think of me. Put me on ignore if you're too sensitive to handle message board banter, but I'll post as often as I like and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator