REPORT: UF to hire Oregon WR coach Matt Lubick?

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
williston_gator;n154079 said:
I get the feeling that Lubick did agree to come but maybe had second thoughts. That or Oregon is backing the brinks truck up.

I believe this was the case. The first part that is. After Lubick, we moved on. Perhaps he'll come back into the fold, but I don't see it.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
williston_gator;n154079 said:
I get the feeling that Lubick did agree to come but maybe had second thoughts. That or Oregon is backing the brinks truck up.

was he rehired at Ore?

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
He's still listed on their website as their ass. coach, passing game coordinator/wide receivers.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously I don't know but there's a difference between agreeing to come and actually making it happen. I doubt he signed anything and it was verbal. No need to be re-hired if he didn't actually leave.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n154319 said:
We are not a poor program. If we are pinching pennies and money is the reason why we are not getting the people that we truly want, we will never be good again.

:panic:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are not a poor program. If we are pinching pennies and money is the reason why we are not getting the people that we truly want, we will never be good again until we replace Foley.

FIFY

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn't we get Lubick? The same reason we didn't get a top tier coach, Fooley.

He needs to retire or get fired yesterday. Actually he should have been fired last October when he announced he was keeping Chimp.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n154364 said:
Why didn't we get Lubick? The same reason we didn't get a top tier coach, Fooley.

He needs to retire or get fired yesterday. Actually he should have been fired last October when he announced he was keeping Chimp.

"septic circle jerker" is spot on

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Amazin1;n154286 said:
He's still listed on their website as their ass. coach, passing game coordinator/wide receivers.

Can I just stop for a second and ask if any women's teams need an ass coach? I can coordinate some passes at them, willing to work with any wide receivers or tight ends. But yeah, ass coach sounds like a good gig depending on the team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TLB;n154442 said:
Can I just stop for a second and ask if any women's teams need an ass coach? I can coordinate some passes at them, willing to work with any wide receivers or tight ends. But yeah, ass coach sounds like a good gig depending on the team.

Might want to send an email to Tim Walton about that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to know who Law's ass coach was. Whoever it was did an amazing job. Turned him into the ass of the decade.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are not a poor program. If we are pinching pennies and money is the reason why we are not getting the people that we truly want, we will never be good again.
Do we have a booster that can out-bid a guy worth $25 Billion for a wide receivers coach? Name him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n154445 said:
I'd like to know who Law's ass coach was. Whoever it was did an amazing job. Turned him into the ass of the decade.

:lmao: Damn, I thought it was Ox....it's not even NSD, what's he gonna be like if Mac loses a game next year.....we'll never hear the end of it.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n153230 said:
What is there to be happy about? Every time expectations are high, we cant come through when other programs can. To make things worse, we have Muschamp, after committing murder, dancing on our grave, just to keep on reminding us.. I am trying to be positive, but other than Shannon, I have not heard any good news.

I use to question Law on his opinions and thought he was just enjoying being the "Devil's advocate". I learned, by opening my mind and considering his thoughts that he is usually spot-on. I didn't like it, but, I grew to appreciate his willingness to go against the grain and call it like he saw it. As I told him at the mid-point of the season, he became my hero. 😉

I am an optimistic person and because of my up-bringing and military training, I tend to support my leader, no matter what. It caused me to walk an additional 20 miles, when my Lt. misread a map. My guys wanted me to hog-tie him and stuff him in a Intel extraction box and take over. He called in the wrong coordinance and wasted a few hundred thousand dollars of ordinance. I stuck with him, because that's what I was trained to do. I had to give him an ultimatum and take over everything but communicating with the Chief, as a matter of survival. I don't take questioning leadership lightly. To get to my point - I have learned that it's healthy and beneficial to one's growth to include a dissenting voice in one's thought process. In this case, however, I agree with Law on most of his points. I can't help but feel like we missed an opportunity to bring in a coach who commands respect, just by the mentioning of his name. It seems like we are attempting to give another coach a chance to become a world class auto racer, by handing him the keys to one of the most advanced racing machines and hoping he doesn't drive it in to the wall. We are "behind the eight ball" in offensive talent and are losing key pieces to the defense, with desperate hopes of holding on to their replacements. We can not afford to lose anymore ground to the enemy. I was disappointed in the DC hire. I felt like we had a solid defensive staff in place and it would have made the transition easier if Coach Mac could have focused on the offense. There's a lot to be said about continuity and Durkin has proven to be a solid DC. As for the OC, Coach Mac will erase any weakness in that area, so, I have had no real concerns about that. I did, however, feel like he could have gotten a up and comer, who is a future star in the coaching ranks.

We are who we are and all we can do at this point is hope that the "every other coaching hire" is a grand slam, again. I'm going to support Coach Mac, as will Law and Ox; however, there's nothing wrong with having critical voices in the crowd. They sure were right about Muschamp and stuck with their opinions, despite being unpopular among some crowds. I respect someone who stands their ground, in the face of overwhelming criticism.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n154808 said:
I use to question Law on his opinions and thought he was just enjoying being the "Devil's advocate". I learned, by opening my mind and considering his thoughts that he is usually spot-on. I didn't like it, but, I grew to appreciate his willingness to go against the grain and call it like he saw it. As I told him at the mid-point of the season, he's became my hero.

This is just sad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n154808 said:
I use to question Law on his opinions and thought he was just enjoying being the "Devil's advocate". I learned, by opening my mind and considering his thoughts that he is usually spot-on. I didn't like it, but, I grew to appreciate his willingness to go against the grain and call it like he saw it.
Don't let me bring you down, GI. We need your optimism.

Often I'm hoping someone will point out I'm wrong if I'm seeing something in a negative light and I really enjoy it when Gator teams or at least players exceed by expectations.

It's been a tough run for us. I saw problems on the horizon with the team we were building under the past regime. I think in retrospect everyone will agree it was obvious trouble was coming. I like to think that I'm not pessimistic, I'm just slightly more objective than some. Even that isn't true because I'm a big time bandwagon fan until something forces me off the bandwagon (Chimp: OUR FANS NEED TO GET A GRIP! THIS IS THE WAY YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!). I just fall off quicker than most.

As for Coach Mac, I get emails from people agreeing that they see problems. I'm not antiMac, I just really dislike his decision to blowup the defensive staff. It destroyed recruiting on that side of the ball needlessly and ensures that our defense is now in rebuilding mode also, learning new playbooks, reads, and calls while trying to fill the holes from last season like terrible safety play, and weak LBs and DTs while we also attempt to fill the holes created by those leaving for the nfl. It's hard to overstate how difficult learning a new defense will be. I think the defense, though talented, will probably look like 2011 or 2005, when we were also a bunch more talented but experienced a dropoff due to learning a new defensive system. Combine that with continued problems I expect on offense (even if the QB play improves we just don't have the OL to be effective in any offens and may not have enough OL to keep from playing walkons).

I hope things work out with Coach Mac, but I'm very far from sold. We've already made some silly mistakes at a very critical time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb