REPORT: UF to hire Oregon WR coach Matt Lubick?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if there is one thing those Californians in Colorado know, it's football. Were they stoned?

More importantly, did you catch up with Snowrayster while you were there? Hopefully recorded the conversation? BTW: A call from Ray Ray would make an awesome podcast. I've had no luck pulling him in.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n156237 said:
Please tell me you aren't going to be this way for 8 months.

Sadly, he will be this way the entire off season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shutup and answer the phones, Peggy.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ray Finkle;n156188 said:
Don't get your hopes up guys. We probably aren't going to be real good next year, it's to be expected. The year after next I honestly see us getting to the SECCG though. If you haven't gotten the feeling yet I know our coach has the same expectation on year 2. My hopes for next year are have a better record than this year, continue the streak against UT, start a streak against uga, and split our two games against the west

I would disagree with you on that. I see that USCe will be improved, but other than that I think there will be a drop off frrom UGLY and Mizzu's D will not be as good as it has been. Therefore if we beat the teams that we are supposed to beat, we can win the East with our D and better play calling and decision making on Offense. I am not saying that we will be in the Playoffs but stranger things have happen

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law98gator;n156098 said:
Total bullshiiit, contrived to cover the the stupidity of blowing up the defense. Just like the total bullshiit we heard initially about Peas using the same terminology that Triple Cheeseburger used in order to lessen the "new system" problem, which never happened.

The kids are receiving playbooks, and its different. It's as simple as that.

I'd like to hear that they felt DJ was gone anyway or whatever. That's not what I heard.

As for your other point, that the previous defense was weak and full of holes, I agree. The safety play and MLBs were particularly bad. But it wasn't as weak and full of holes and Geoff Collins' defenses. In fact, the only team that I saw last year that had worse safety play than us was Cowbell. And Collins' CBs looked just as bad as his safeties.

It will be easy enough to compare stats next year. I'm sure people will come up with plenty of excuses as to why our defense flounders.

You keep throwing MissSt defense under the bus. Let's look (MSU-UF rankings for 2014 season):

3rd Down Def
MSU 21 - UF 51

4th Down Def
MSU 28 - UF 16

Pass Yards
MSU 114 - UF 41

Rushing Def
MSU 44 - UF 13

Red Zone
MSU 1 - UF 35

Scoring Def
MSU 23 - UF 20

Total Def
MSU 84 - UF 15

I can't argue Collins is awesome, stats kind of bear out what you say about Miss State's defense under him. All I can say is he'll have better athletes under him, and at the same time be countering an offense is trying to get figured out and rebuilt. He may be facing a lot of field time with a 3-and-out offense unless JMac can get things running quickly.

I do NOT think our defense will flounder (except maybe if they are getting too much field time). If they DO, I would fully pin that on Collins, as the players have shown that to this point they can hold their own fairly well. If they are getting lost a lot, it's on Collins and changing the schemes and players not getting it - but I do not think that will be the case. Your other point about all these freshman learning new playbooks? The incoming players would be learning a new book regardless. The returning players, well, it's on Collins to make the playbook carry across in a way they can understand and use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.