Rio Athletic villages uninhabitable

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's become too expensive and too burdensome for most cities, even large ones in first world countries.

You need to be able to repurpose the new facilities and leverage existing facilities so it's not so expensive.

I think in the future we will see more regional Olympics. So instead of "Miami" it might be Miami, Orlando, and Tampa hosting the games together, or instead of "LA" it might be LA and San Diego. How fun would a Texas Olympics be using Houston, San Antonio, and Austin (maybe Dallas too)?

Alex.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Who is surprised that the athlete's accommodations are substandard? The whole country is substandard, this is what you get when you give third world countries big time events.

Have you ever been to Brazil? It's far from a third world country.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever been to Brazil? It's far from a third world country.

A buddy went down there for work. He was robbed...by the police. Some areas are ok but overall? It's a dump of a country. You don't want to go down there without security.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still love watching the athletes compete. But the whole games are, sadly, severally broken. Also, I basically refuse to watch any sport that uses judges (gymnastics, ice skating, diving, etc, etc). I'll watch them for the hot chicks, but I really cant stand it. So much corruption.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still love watching the athletes compete. But the whole games are, sadly, severally broken. Also, I basically refuse to watch any sport that uses judges (gymnastics, ice skating, diving, etc, etc). I'll watch them for the hot chicks, but I really cant stand it. So much corruption.

I love judging by daylight points.....woot

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.