RIP George "The Animal" Steele - 79 years of age

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/george-the-animal-steele-dead-wwe-ed-wood-dies-1201991318/

By Seth Kelley, Variety

"William James Myers, better known by his name in the WWE ring, George “The Animal” Steele, has died, WWE announced Friday morning. He was 79.

The wrestling company issued a statement after Hulk Hogan tweeted out, “George ‘the Animal’ Steel, RIP my brother, only love, only grateful.” No other details about his cause of death have been released.

A Detroit native, Steele attended Michigan State and played for the university’s football team. After earning his bachelor’s and master’s, he coached wrestling and football in Michigan.

Steele first entered the ring under the pseudonym “The Student.” But when he was scouted and began appearing on television, he changed his name to George Steele. Earning his nickname “The Animal,” Steele was known for tearing up the turnbuckle with his teeth, sticking out his green tongue and generally acting like a wild man. He was inducted into the professional wrestling Hall of Fame in 2005."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Macho Man - Steele rivalry was one of the biggest things in wrestling in the mid 80s.

Last edited:

hugh jassole

Feb 13, 2017
Steroid abuse probably led to her passing at an early age. I had forget that name.
Being reported as a heart attack. But yes, Steroid use probably had a lot to do with it. She was a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show. Very good sport. Especially when they would imitate her speech but it sounded more like Herman Munster.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Being reported as a heart attack. But yes, Steroid use probably had a lot to do with it. She was a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show. Very good sport. Especially when they would imitate her speech but it sounded more like Herman Munster.

I do remember her some now. She was a good sport about things on that show.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Welcome aboard. Nice username, btw.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Fun fact is that he still continued to teach well into his career and after from what I had heard. Could you imagine him as your high school teacher

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, am I the only one who just noticed a poster with the name of hugh jassole? Solid

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Once Elizabeth died, he had nothing left to live for.
:britney:
Well, he did have a thing for Ms Elizabeth back in the day.
That was also when Rowdy Roddy Piper had Morton Downey Jr on his show, "The Pipers Pit." Downey kept dissin' Piper by blowing smoke in his face. Piper then used a fire extinguisher on Downey in the middle of the ring.
Dang, that was back when wrasslin was fun to watch.

With that being said, RIP George "The Animal" Steele. You are truly missed.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
:britney:
Well, he did have a thing for Ms Elizabeth back in the day.
That was also when Rowdy Roddy Piper had Morton Downey Jr on his show, "The Pipers Pit." Downey kept dissin' Piper by blowing smoke in his face. Piper then used a fire extinguisher on Downey in the middle of the ring.
Dang, that was back when wrasslin was fun to watch.

With that being said, RIP George "The Animal" Steele. You are truly missed.

I was making a joke. Maybe that got overlooked?

I agree. I loved wrestling back then. Piper's Pit was awesome. Ultimate Warrior will always be my favorite.

RIP, Animal.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I was making a joke. Maybe that got overlooked?

I agree. I loved wrestling back then. Piper's Pit was awesome. Ultimate Warrior will always be my favorite.

RIP, Animal.
Oh I was just messin with you, Wuerf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.