RIP - Sinead

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Sinead O-Connor, dead at 56

Still a dang good version of Nothing Compares to You.
Girl had some serious troubles in her time here.
I thought she had given up on God early on but she was mainly railing against the Vatican covering up Clergy abuse.
Looks like she converted to Islam in 2018.
Leaves behind three kids, ... probably all well adjusted individuals.

Sinéad O’Connor, gifted and provocative Irish singer, dies at 56

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Bald Chick.....

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
When her teenage son Shane died by suicide last year, O’Connor tweeted there was “no point living without him” and she was soon hospitalized. Her final tweet, sent July 17, read: “For all mothers of Suicided children,” and linked to a Tibetan compassion mantra.
I expect when the cause of her death is revealed it will be suicide just as her son killed himself.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
She was the mother to a lot of the crap taking place now.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Her family has my sympathy for their loss.

That’s about as much as I can sum up for her. She had a constant chip on her shoulder for some injustice out there and always felt she had to tell everyone what they should do about it. She hated the authoritarianism, subjugation of women, and abuse of children by the Catholic Church, so she left the church and converted to……….Islam. Uh, ok; Islam is much better on those issues. She changed her name with her conversion, though not professionally. Uh, ok; wouldn’t want to hurt record sales or anything.

Over the last year or so we’ve lost some real giants in music for whom I had some real sadness at their passing. She’s not going to make that list.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Her family has my sympathy for their loss.

That’s about as much as I can sum up for her. She had a constant chip on her shoulder for some injustice out there and always felt she had to tell everyone what they should do about it. She hated the authoritarianism, subjugation of women, and abuse of children by the Catholic Church, so she left the church and converted to……….Islam. Uh, ok; Islam is much better on those issues. She changed her name with her conversion, though not professionally. Uh, ok; wouldn’t want to hurt record sales or anything.

Over the last year or so we’ve lost some real giants in music for whom I had some real sadness at their passing. She’s not going to make that list.
How Dare You Greta GIF

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I’m getting the feeling that I shouldn’t have started this thread
But…
Hey- I just report the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.