RIP Toby Keith

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Twenty something years prior, Toby Keith got in the middle of a brawl in a bar and started throwing people around just to break it up.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Tough loss for America.
RIP big guy.
Enjoyed his music and admired how he carried himself and went about his business. He cared about America.
Plus, he ruined the Dixie Chicks. I'm forever grateful.
:lol2:

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Always liked him but something tells me @soflagator is going to be devastated with this loss.

This song has always reminded me of the weird message board world with an eclectic bunch of people from all over.

Last edited:

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
"I'll never smoke weed with Willy again"
"When you kiss me like this, I think you mean it like that".

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
He was a great artist and one of the very few of the "New Country" era that I can listen too. He's more of a throw-back to the days when country music truly was country music rather than just bad pop music with a country label.

I loved that he stood up for our veterans and tried to help them. He definitely will be missed.
RIP Toby.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Twenty something years prior, Toby Keith got in the middle of a brawl in a bar and started throwing people around just to break it up.

Guy was like:

iu

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I was a professional musician up to my mid 20s; I play in living rooms and at campfires for fun now. I play several of Toby's songs. But he was a really big guy who could belt it out with his voice, so there are some of his songs that no one but Toby could sing. He recorded life and his music was a clear to the listener as an empty solo cup!

We have lost a true patriot and National Treasure. He will be remembered for far more than his music! Rest in Peace!

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Tough loss for sure...."How Do You Like Me Now" always makes me reminisce about my high school years...he was the first concert I saw at the current Vystar Arena in Jax 20ish years ago.....never produced a bad song IMO....one of the all time greats....

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well said by the Country Music Hall of Fame CEO.

"Toby Keith was big, brash, and never bowed down or slowed down for anyone. His story is a distinctly American one—a former roughneck oil worker who carved out his own space in country music with a sinewy voice and an unbending will to succeed. He wrote his breakthrough songs and later formed his own record label when he felt underserved by Nashville. He relished being an outsider and doing things his way. Proudly patriotic, he didn’t mind if his clear-cut convictions ruffled your feathers. For three decades, he reflected the defiant strength of the country music audience. His memory will continue to stand tall."

—Kyle Young, CEO
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator