Rivals 250 for 2018

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Does IMG have any other QBs on their roster? Could he get beat out?
15 Noah Russell QB 8th 5-8 130
Artur Sitkowski QB Jr. 6-4 220
16 Jackson Zager QB 8th 5-10 142
18 Zack Annexstad QB Jr. 6-3 200
19 Bryan Allen QB Jr. 6-0 180
17 Liam Byrd QB 8th 6-0 140
12 Bryson Lucero QB So. 6-2 210
11 Kellen Mond QB Sr. 6-3 195
14 Thomas Thomsen QB, FS Jr. 6-4 200

The 2016 starting QB for IMG graduated. Annexstad was the backup last season and was 19 of 38 for 197 yards with 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Looks like it will be Sitkowski, Annexstad, Allen and Thomsen battling it out for the starting job. Sitkowski is ranked #5 pro style QB, all the others are unranked.

According to the Donkey IMG just brought Sitkowski in as a backup. Apparently, the Donkey has a lot of faith that one of those unranked guys are a diamond in the rough. You know how much he loves 2*s.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The sad part is, if he is the real deal, then someone will likely poach him from us. Kids don't want to play in the worst offense in the conference.

Apparently, distance from home is not an issue with the New Jersey native.

"I came down here to be the best quarterback I possibly can be and be great. Exceed and be better than what others think of you. I want to be the best possible version of myself," he said. "So the things I'm working on are just getting stronger mentally, getting bigger, getting faster, getting more athletic, footwork. Overall, becoming a better athlete and a better quarterback. You name it, we are doing it here at IMG. Overall, actually, I'm getting better at something every single day."

"I'll go anywhere to play football," he said. "The dream is to play for the home state and play for Rutgers. I've got to do what's best for me. I'm going to put myself in the best position I possibly can. And if going back home is the No. 1 decision for me to make, then I'm gonna go back home. And if it's somewhere else, I'm gonna go somewhere else. I've just got to embrace the process and go from there."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...4-star_qb_artur_sitkowski_a_priority_for.html

He grew up watching the Gators and has family in the area.

"The Gators stick out to me a lot," Sitkowski said. "I had a soft spot the team growing up, I have family down in Florida, and I like McElwain and [offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier] a lot. They run a pro-style system and they're not really deep at quarterback so it gives you a chance to compete early."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hines-in-season-debut-breaks-down-recruitment

He attended a QB camp at Florida on July 21st and was a top performer. He had this to say after the camp.

“It’s the Florida Gators,” Sitkowski said. “Coach McElwain has had a lot of success coaching quarterbacks, and so has coach Nuss. So just the attraction of SEC football, big-time quarterback play, that’s probably the two biggest reasons why.”

“Florida is a state that I have family in,” Sitkowski said. “My aunt and grandmother live (in Tampa). My aunt is a season ticket holder. She’s a Gator fan, so I have a little soft spot for the Gators. She’s pulling for the Gators (in recruiting). She wants to see me more often. She tells me I look good in blue and orange.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ridas-qb-camp-has-family-connection-to-gators

It appears that we have a great shot at landing this guy. He has the physical tools to be the next great one at UF. Let's hope IMG gets him ready and his aunt stays on him about becoming a Gator.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to have a huge year and show he's the real deal. Looks like it is Rutgers and UF. He's gotta put up big numbers this year. If not, I'm probably going to say pass.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You are looking at one stat line and think that tells the whole story.

Artur Sitkowski is 6'5" and weighs 205. He is rated the #5 pro style QB and the 65th overall player in the nation by Rivals. Going into his senior season Sitkowsky has a Rivals score of 5.9 and a 4* rating (6.1 is 5*).

Sitkowsky started playing varsity ball as a freshman and became the starting QB as a sophomore. He played for Old Bridge High School in New Jersey. The team is not known as a powerhouse and the current coach, Anthony Lanzafama, has an overall record of 42-32-1. Old Bridge employs a run heavy offense.

In his sophomore season Sitkowsky was 95 of 185 for 1,436 yards with 16 TDs and 4 INTs. The offense did not feature a passing game as exemplified by the two games against Edison High in which Sitkowsky threw a total of 9 passes and 6 passes, the game against Stephens High in which Sitkowsky threw a total of 8 passes and the game against North Brunswick in which Sitkowsky threw a total of 2 passes. The most passes thrown by Sitkowsky in any single game that season was 28. Sitkowsky averaged 15.1 yards per completion.

In his junior season Sitkowsky was 107 of 213 for 1,190 yards with 5 TDs and 10 INTs. The season featured a starting offensive line made up almost entirely of sophomores with a 205 pound tackle on one side and a 265 pound tackle on the other.

Sitkowsky has transferred to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida to give himself the opportunity to compete with athletes at the highest level.

He currently holds offers from 25 universities including Florida, FSU, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

Do you still think we should move on?
Yes

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care if hes 6'4" and can throw a football through a brick wall. 90 percent of high school qb's have sub 200lb linemen and play in run heavy offenses. Believe it or not they don't all have terrible stats. Even some of the guys who aren't 6"4" with a cannon for an arm manage to do ok.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
He needs to have a huge year and show he's the real deal. Looks like it is Rutgers and UF. He's gotta put up big numbers this year. If not, I'm probably going to say pass.

I agree entirely. If he does not excel at IMG then it would appear that he is another project.

Rivals thinks he will excel. Fisher, Petrino, Harbaugh and Freeze also think highly of him.

I see no reason to back off on him before he ever plays at IMG. Like I said to the Donkey, if we backed off on him now and he becomes a 5* the same people wanting us to quit recruiting him would be talking about how Hee Haw messed it up again.

In my opinion, it would be foolish to back off on recruiting him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Story on Brad Culpepper's kid:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-judge-culpepper-sevyn-banks

Like father, like son?
Almost three decades ago, defensive lineman Brad Culpepper decided to play for Florida. Now his son, 2018 recruit Judge Culpepper, has a chance to make the same choice.

The 3-star tight end from Tampa, Fla., visited Florida last Saturday with his father, who was a consensus first team All-American in 1991 and had a nine-year NFL career.

“It was great getting up there and great seeing the coaches again,” Culpepper said. “I have a great relationship with most of the coaches there. I got to sit down and meet with the them. We toured the facilities again, which I have seen, and then we went to the basketball game.”

Great visit at UF's Junior day thanks @RLS2294 @CoachRumph @CoachGregNord pic.twitter.com/fUMtHUP1Kx

— Judge Culpepper (@JudgeCulpepper) February 11, 2017

The 6-foot-4, 236-pound prospect is rated as a tight end, but also plays defensive end at Plant High School. Jim McElwain and his assistants are recruiting him for both positions.

“They’re still fighting over what side of the ball I play on between defensive end and tight end,” Culpepper said. “It doesn’t matter to me what side of the ball I play on. Whatever way will help me and help the team, and gets me on the field quickest.”

In addition to his father, Culpepper’s grandfather (Bruce) and great uncle (Blair) also played for the Gators. But his family ties aren’t the only reason he has interest in Florida.

“It’s a multitude of things really,” Culpepper said. “I love the staff a lot and think the facilities are top notch at Florida. They’re a program on the rise, so I’m a big fan.

“I think Coach Mac has revitalized the program a lot from what it was under previous years. I think he will continue to do a great job.”

Culpepper will be an early enrollee, so he hopes to commit before his senior season. He’ll make a return trip to UF next month and plans to visit Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State and Syracuse in the spring and summer.

“I haven’t really developed a sophisticated list of top schools,” Culpepper said. “I know in my head who I’m looking at right now and I’m not 100-percent sure when I will make a decision. A lot of these schools are up there, and Florida is definitely up there.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And Marcell Harris' brother:

Banks blowing up

Sevyn Banks was one of several defensive backs who visited Florida last weekend, but none of them had a connection to the school quite like him.

His older brother is Marcell Harris, the starting safety for the Gators who led the team in tackles (73) last season. McElwain is confident Banks will follow in his sibling’s footsteps.

“Coach Mac told me on my visit that he really wants me to be a Gator,” Banks said. “He said he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, so he wants me to commit. It was real funny.”

Had A great Time At Our Junior Day at the SWAMP @CoachMcElwain pic.twitter.com/rPZpsHWWo7

— Sevyn Banks7️⃣ (@BanksNiko) February 12, 2017

The 6-foot-1, 186-pound prospect from Orlando, Fla., is currently unrated in the 247Sports Composite. However, since UF offered on Jan. 19, Banks has received offers from Auburn, Ohio State, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.

McElwain may have to wait on a while on that commitment.

“I’m pretty wide open,” Banks said of his recruitment. “There’s a lot of schools up there, I’m not set on one school. I’m not planning on committing right now, I need to weight my options I think.”

Harris also took his time with recruiting, waiting until the end of his senior season to pick Florida. If Banks does the same, he wants to outdo his brother at UF.

“He just tells me what he likes and he always tells me that he wants me to be better than him,” Banks said of his conversations with Haris. “I could possibly replace him one day and that would be pretty cool. He’s a great player, but I’m just trying to be better than him.”

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Story on Brad Culpepper's kid:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-judge-culpepper-sevyn-banks

Like father, like son?
Almost three decades ago, defensive lineman Brad Culpepper decided to play for Florida. Now his son, 2018 recruit Judge Culpepper, has a chance to make the same choice.

The 3-star tight end from Tampa, Fla., visited Florida last Saturday with his father, who was a consensus first team All-American in 1991 and had a nine-year NFL career.

“It was great getting up there and great seeing the coaches again,” Culpepper said. “I have a great relationship with most of the coaches there. I got to sit down and meet with the them. We toured the facilities again, which I have seen, and then we went to the basketball game.”

Great visit at UF's Junior day thanks @RLS2294 @CoachRumph @CoachGregNord pic.twitter.com/fUMtHUP1Kx

— Judge Culpepper (@JudgeCulpepper) February 11, 2017

The 6-foot-4, 236-pound prospect is rated as a tight end, but also plays defensive end at Plant High School. Jim McElwain and his assistants are recruiting him for both positions.

“They’re still fighting over what side of the ball I play on between defensive end and tight end,” Culpepper said. “It doesn’t matter to me what side of the ball I play on. Whatever way will help me and help the team, and gets me on the field quickest.”

In addition to his father, Culpepper’s grandfather (Bruce) and great uncle (Blair) also played for the Gators. But his family ties aren’t the only reason he has interest in Florida.

“It’s a multitude of things really,” Culpepper said. “I love the staff a lot and think the facilities are top notch at Florida. They’re a program on the rise, so I’m a big fan.

“I think Coach Mac has revitalized the program a lot from what it was under previous years. I think he will continue to do a great job.”

Culpepper will be an early enrollee, so he hopes to commit before his senior season. He’ll make a return trip to UF next month and plans to visit Alabama, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, Penn State and Syracuse in the spring and summer.

“I haven’t really developed a sophisticated list of top schools,” Culpepper said. “I know in my head who I’m looking at right now and I’m not 100-percent sure when I will make a decision. A lot of these schools are up there, and Florida is definitely up there.”

I can't believe he's not a hard commit already. We have the room and he's a legacy. Not to mention he goes to Plant which is notoriously an FSU school. We're "up there"? Should be a done deal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sevyn Banks was one of several defensive backs who visited Florida last weekend, but none of them had a connection to the school quite like him.

His older brother is Marcell Harris, the starting safety for the Gators who led the team in tackles (73) last season. McElwain is confident Banks will follow in his sibling’s footsteps.

Had A great Time At Our Junior Day at the SWAMP @CoachMcElwain pic.twitter.com/rPZpsHWWo7

What happened to Soda? I thought we all agreed on Soda?!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And Marcell Harris' brother:

Banks blowing up

“Coach Mac told me on my visit that he really wants me to be a Gator,” Banks said. “He said he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, so he wants me to commit. It was real funny.”

The 6-foot-1, 186-pound prospect from Orlando, Fla., is currently unrated in the 247Sports Composite. However, since UF offered on Jan. 19, Banks has received offers from Auburn, Ohio State, South Carolina and Virginia Tech.

McElwain may have to wait on a while on that commitment.

“I’m pretty wide open,” Banks said of his recruitment. “There’s a lot of schools up there, I’m not set on one school. I’m not planning on committing right now, I need to weight my options I think.”

Harris also took his time with recruiting, waiting until the end of his senior season to pick Florida. If Banks does the same, he wants to outdo his brother at UF.

“He just tells me what he likes and he always tells me that he wants me to be better than him,” Banks said of his conversations with Haris. “I could possibly replace him one day and that would be pretty cool. He’s a great player, but I’m just trying to be better than him.”
Sevyn's kind of an under the radar guy since he didn't play his Jr. season - I can't find any ratings on him.
Credit to you BMF from a previous post weeks ago - we offered George Castanza's kid!
tumblr_mrjp55V7aC1rvn2ylo1_500.gif

In reference to Mickey Mantle.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some Crystal Ball projections for our 2018 class:

1. John Campbell
OT 6'5" 290
Orlando Dr Phillips

Competing against FSU, miami, auburn, tennessee, etc
..247 rates him as w7th best OT. 50th in Florida at right about a 3*. (.890)

100% crystal ball (by Ryan Bartow and Andrew Ivins)

2. Randy Russell
S 5'11" 180
Opa locka

Competing agaimst: Michigan, uga, uk, miami, unc, usf, cuse
247 ranks him 3* #41 S overall, and #78 in Florida. (.862)

100% Crystal ball (Andrew ellis)

3. William Barnes
OT, 6'-4" 307
Apopka

Competing against Bama, Aburn, fsu, unc, uga, Miami, OSU, Tenn. 247 ranks him 15th best OT, 18 best in Florida. 4 star (.9589) high 4 star

89% crystal ball w UNC receiving 11%

4. Cleveland Reed
6'4 295
Lakeland, Fl

Competing against; uk, um, unc, Ohio state, lsu, clem, fsu
247 has him as 8th guard in the country. #33 in state of Florida. A high 4* (.9312]

100% crystal ball (Josh newburgh)

5. Amari Burney
S, 6'1" 205l
Clearwater
Calvary Christian

Competition; osu, arky, fsu, auburn, mich, Louisville
247 rated him #13 nationally, #24 fla. 4* (.9515) Top 100 recruit

100% Crystal ball Josh newburgh

6. Chris Curry
5'11" 200 RB
Lehigh Acres

Competition, miami, michigan, marylamd, oregon, Inc. 247 rated him at 57th in state. #23 RB in nation

Crystal ball prediction 50/50 uf/miami. Ranked right around 3*

7.Judge Culpepper
TE 6'4 238
Tampa plant

Competition; unc, cuse, Tennessee, mich, psu, bama, much state...247 rates him19 TE overall, 73 athlete in Fla. He's a 3 star (.8691)

Crystal ball UF 100%

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I can't believe he's not a hard commit already. We have the room and he's a legacy. Not to mention he goes to Plant which is notoriously an FSU school. We're "up there"? Should be a done deal.
But . . . he's just a 3-star!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Which is exactly why he will choose UF over FSU. We're 3*U not FSU. Now if he were higher than a 3* I would understand if he had not committed to us yet we tend to not take many of those players ubove 3* and when we do its usually in the last week of recruiting.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

If you read these boards then you'll know your response is stupid. I have posted the stats over and over. Do the search and find them for yourself. Historically(before Mac), we've always taken more 4/5 stars than 3 stars. He's the first coach to have this 3 star problem. No one has ever said you don't take any three stars. The joke was more wow...ANOTHER 3 star. Sorry that I wanted to continue to recruit mostly bluechippers. My bad.

He's a legacy and from Plant - I explained this - you take him....period.

But...carry on...

Last edited:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Which is exactly why he will choose UF over FSU. We're 3*U not FSU. Now if he were higher than a 3* I would understand if he had not committed to us yet we tend to not take many of those players ubove 3* and when we do its usually in the last week of recruiting.
Nice tongue in cheek.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
If you read these boards then you'll know your response is stupid. I have posted the stats over and over. Do the search and find them for yourself. Historically(before Mac), we've always taken more 4/5 stars than 3 stars. He's the first coach to have this 3 star problem. No one has ever said you take any three stars. The joke was more wow...ANOTHER 3 star. Sorry that I wanted to continue to recruit mostly bluechippers. My bad.

But...carry on...
Just having some fun, T. Actually, I agree with your points about him. I'll be pretty ticked if he doesn't choose UF. As an aside, fwiw, I won't be surprised to see him rated a four-star by 2018 NSD.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just having some fun, T. Actually, I agree with your points about him. I'll be pretty ticked if he doesn't choose UF. As an aside, fwiw, I won't be surprised to see him rated as a four-star by 2018 NSD.

Cool. I think his dad, Uncle and grand dad played for us. That's like a super legacy and you pretty much have to take him even if he was the only 3 star we took that year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you read these boards then you'll know your response is stupid. I have posted the stats over and over. Do the search and find them for yourself. Historically(before Mac), we've always taken more 4/5 stars than 3 stars. He's the first coach to have this 3 star problem. No one has ever said you don't take any three stars. The joke was more wow...ANOTHER 3 star. Sorry that I wanted to continue to recruit mostly bluechippers. My bad.

But...carry on...

We signed twice as many 4*s as 3*s (15 to 7) but don't let that stop your #altfact narrative.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Cool. I think his dad, Uncle and grand dad played for us. That's like a super legacy and you pretty much have to take him even if he was the only 3 star we took that year.
Absolutely. Given that history, I'd say neither one of us really has a choice: we HAVE to offer, and he HAS to accept. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.