Rivals Recruiting Reporter MISSING

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is not a gag or joke. A reporter has been reported missing.

http://abc13.com/family-searching-for-missing-journalist-last-seen-in-houston/2879432/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
Family and friends are searching for a missing journalist last seen Saturday evening in Houston.

According to various social media posts, Courtney Roland was last seen leaving a football camp in Houston around 4 p.m. Saturday.

The post states that she left in an Uber and arrived home. After leaving her home, she hasn't been heard from since.

https://twitter.com/teamtexas7on7/status/950215112534749185
Team Texas Elite@teamtexas7on7

Update... just spoke to her roommate so she did make it home after our tryout and left in her car... last contact with roommate was close to midnight via text https://twitter.com/arrecruitingguy/status/950207290585513985 …

10:58 PM - Jan 7, 2018 · Houston, TX
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Roland, a reporter for Rivals.com, last communicated with a friend at 12:30 a.m. Sunday. Her last known location was in the Heights, according to a post on Twitter.

According to the post, she was worried "that she was being followed by a blue truck leaving Walgreens."

Roland was last seen wearing a Remington hat and camouflage. She was driving a 2015 silver Jeep Cherokee with license plate HZC7778.

View image on Twitter
DS_LF5RV4AAMmrr.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDasher1/status/950201354278105088
Anthony Dasher

✔@AnthonyDasher1

Any Texas Dawgs out there, especially in the Houston area...anyone out there...please keep an eye out for @CourtneyRivals. Left in an UBER and hasn’t been heard from. If seen please call HPD at 832-394-1840...@RealJoshReddick could you please retweet bud..thanks

10:03 PM - Jan 7, 2018 · Atlanta, GA

View image on Twitter
DS_GkL4VwAAAWuq.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Perroni247/status/950196380542304257
Brian Perroni

✔@Perroni247

If anyone has seen @CourtneyRivals today or last night, please call HPD missing person at 832-394-1840

9:44 PM - Jan 7, 2018

The family has filed a missing persons report with Houston police, officials confirmed.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Houston Police Department.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Houston got scary after half of New Orleans moved there after Katrina. Apparently much of NO's worst made the move.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
She was wearing camouflage, so that’s why they can’t find her.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Friend of ours was just sharing how a 16yr old niece and her 15yr old friend took an Uber in LA recently. They got in and the guys started taking a different route than expected. The girl asked he go the route she knew and suddenly he couldn't speak English anymore. She checked her phone and it said her Uber had been cancelled....so WHO-T-F just picked them up? He wouldn't let them out and was taking them somewhere he wanted to take them. They then got the cops on the phone and guided them to where the car was travelling and had to have the cops extricate them from the situation. Seems like a kidnapping in progress. Wonder if Ms. Roland suffered similar.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Something dangerous is going on with this situation. As usual in these cases of dropped contact, Courtney has had control of her life taken from her. We can only hope that this is some fluke event that results in her safe return to the family and friends that she loves, that love her. I hope Evil does not succeed again.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
She thought she was being followed and yet went home. Number one thing they tell you not to do. I really hope she’s ok and is found. Scary stuff.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What I read is that she uber’ed home (in the afternoon), got her white jeep, went to Walgreens, and as she left Walgreens she saw someone she thought was following her a little after midnight. Described it as a “blue truck” following her.

What drives me crazy is that she texts a friend instead of calling 911.

With every minute without info it gets less and less likely. Just makes you feel sick.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
She thought she was being followed and yet went home. Number one thing they tell you not to do. I really hope she’s ok and is found. Scary stuff.
Sounds to me like she thought she was being followed some time after leaving home in her own car.

EDIT: upon further review she did indeed let the guy follow her home.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Odd story. One of the articles says she was spotted alone at a store inside the Galleria. You’d think that if she was under duress, that would’ve been an ideal time to tell someone. Also weird that her Jeep was found with everything but her purse and her purse was found inside the Galleria. Hope everything works out for the best.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully, she is found alive and well. IDK why she wouldn't call 911. Lots of questions. Thoughst and prayers for her family.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
If you are a single female and you don't have CCP in a state that allows it, you are making a BIG mistake and frankly, all of these NO GUN ZONES are BS. Based on her job description I am sure she would be very limited as to where she could carry or even have it in the car locked up but these young ladies need to have the ability to defend themselves with deadly force if need be. We've got alot of bad people in this country thanks to a turnstile prison system and a porous border. And politicians that don't give a shat as long as they can get a vote by any means necessary.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like she's been found safe. This is updated in the link trux shared above.

BREAKING UPDATE-- The father of Courtney Roland says she has been found safe and is with police, KHOU 11 News has learned.

She has been taken to the hospital to be evaluated but was reportedly unharmed. An officer located her after a tip was phoned in.

This is a developing story. No further info has been released. Check back for updates. Previous story follows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb