Gator Basketball Robinson and Egbunu to test NBA

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good move for him. If he gets taken 1st round then he goes.. if not... maybe he comes back to school and tries to improve his stock. He could improve his stock with a strong Senior year.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/...lorida-s-Robinson-to-again-explore-NBA-option

Florida junior Devin Robinson will declare for the NBA draft, but will not hire an agent, making it possible for him to return to UF for one more season, The Sun has learned.

Robinson, who is a 22-year-old junior and considered “old” for the draft, is leaning toward leaving, but will wait until he gets feedback from the NBA before making a final decision.

Robinson had the same plan last year until he was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot and had to undergo surgery.

He returned to Florida and had a strong season, helping the Gators reach the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament. He started 35 of 36 games, averaging 11.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and shooting 47.5 percent from the field.

During the NCAA Tournament, Florida coach Mike White raved about the improvement of Robinson and credited the 6-foot-8 forward for doing it himself.

Most mock NBA drafts have Robinson going in he second round at best.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good idea by D Rob. I'm not sure he is first round material. It would be great to have him back in the Orange and Blue for 1 more season.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually more optimistic, but I don't think he gets drafted and I don't think he's coming back. Just my opinion.
He played great in the first two tourney games and I thought he was going to keep that up to build his resume for the draft, you know, motivation. Unfortunately, he did not show up for the last two games, especially SC, where Dozier (a smaller player by 2") shut him down. He was below average vs. Wisky as well. If he knew he was going to test the NBA waters again, he needed to keep up his level of play.
He's got the skills and athleticism to play in the NBA, but if he can't bring it on a consistent basis he won't make it.
I hope he comes back, but I think his days of being a Gator basketball player are over.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually more optimistic, but I don't think he gets drafted and I don't think he's coming back. Just my opinion.
He played great in the first two tourney games and I thought he was going to keep that up to build his resume for the draft, you know, motivation. Unfortunately, he did not show up for the last two games, especially SC, where Dozier (a smaller player by 2") shut him down. He was below average vs. Wisky as well. If he knew he was going to test the NBA waters again, he needed to keep up his level of play.
He's got the skills and athleticism to play in the NBA, but if he can't bring it on a consistent basis he won't make it.
I hope he comes back, but I think his days of being a Gator basketball player are over.

I think the question is where does he get drafted. He is not an aggressive player. Right now I think he is late second round at best.

I think he could come back and jump into the first round with a strong season and that may be enough to motivate him to stay... maybe I am just being optimistic.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the question is where does he get drafted. He is not an aggressive player. Right now I think he is late second round at best.

I think he could come back and jump into the first round with a strong season and that may be enough to motivate him to stay... maybe I am just being optimistic.
There's only two rounds in the NBA now. so if he decides to stay in the draft this year, he goes in the 2nd round or he's a free agent (which might be so bad - would give him the option to explore several teams and maybe find a better fit).
I was wrong about Parsons being a starter in the NBA (always thought he'd just be a sub kinda guy), so I could be wrong about DRob as well.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
DFS didn't get drafted and he was much more consistent than DRob. Come on back buddy.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
DFS didn't get drafted and he was much more consistent than DRob. Come on back buddy.
If he does return, I hope he can develop some of DFS's ball handling skills, Which is what I miss most about DFS is his ability to handle the ball during transition.

If D-Rob decides to forego his final season, I wish him the best.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He needs to bulk up. He's too small to play D in the NBA right now.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_lf5h51aMmH1qazn6h.gif

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Luck IF he leaves but he is not ready. I don't really think he will even get drafted. Come back to UF, hit the weight room, hone your basketball skills, and hopefully have a HUGE Senior year leading us to the Final 4 so that he can hopefully get drafted in the first round. Go Gators!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Oh he would get drafted at least in the 2nd round. This guy would be a member of the all hotel lobby team with that body. Problem is he disappears way too often during the actual game and turns into Charmin (soft as tissue paper), when the game gets physical!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Oh he would get drafted at least in the 2nd round. This guy would be a member of the all hotel lobby team with that body. Problem is he disappears way too often during the actual game and turns into Charmin (soft as tissue paper), when the game gets physical!

:scratchhead:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think Hill has been mocked more than DRob.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger question is what country will he be playing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator