Robinson re-tweet

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of things to work on. Lots of players need to step up. This is a team mess but they are growing into a new system on O so it may take a bit. Tied in the 3rd on the road against number 2 shows some promise. I know we are better this year as a team than last but the biggest thing is to get the guys bought in. There is no room at all for D Robs comments. Us 20-60 year old message board guys can coach and fire everyone but those actually living this thing need to keep their head in it

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.
My best guess is it was fueled from frustration. Guys like Robinson didn't come to UF to lose and I think it's beyond obvious at this point and time that faith in Driskel is at an all time low.

Still, what a terrible thing to do to team chemistry. We really are a flustercuck right now :(

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator said:
Lots of things to work on. Lots of players need to step up. This is a team mess but they are growing into a new system on O so it may take a bit. Tied in the 3rd on the road against number 2 shows some promise. I know we are better this year as a team than last but the biggest thing is to get the guys bought in. There is no room at all for D Robs comments. Us 20-60 year old message board guys can coach and fire everyone but those actually living this thing need to keep their head in it
"Tied in the 3rd on the road against number 2 shows some promise."

To anyone actually watching the game the only promise shown was that we were lucky not to be losing by 50 at that point. Anything else gleaned came from wishful thinking.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Immature. Social media gives an immediate voice and outlet for those who don't think before they speak. I'm sure he'll get his ass reamed for this, as he should. He'll probably have a bit of extra conditioning to endure this week, too. Don't be surprised if his Twitter account gets pulled, either.
I have no doubt he's frustrated, as I'm sure the whole team is. But as someone else already said, it's the same QB that made him a star a week ago. Grow up, kid! I have no doubt he's already been talked to by WM and whoever the team leaders are, and probably got rebuffed pretty badly. Just like everyone else, he needs to learn from his mistakes (although right now he's the only one learning from his off the field mistakes as opposed to on the field :lol:)

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
SavannahGator;n58047 said:
Who ever said that Jeff has to have a stage presence, and that that translates to leadership. We don't really know what goes on in the locker room, or on the practice field. I'm not saying that Jeff is the answer, but as a former Army officer, I know that leadership is not necessarily a "rah-rah" thing. There are a lot of quiet leaders out there.

As a former Marine Officer I would say that even though cameras are always on JD I never see him doing anything that looks like leadership. I see some management at times but that's it.
leaders can be quiet, but there is something compelling they emanate that draws people to listen to them, be inspired by them, etc.

I looked really hard for signs of that saturday, wanted to see it, remembering positives players had said about him, but I did not see it. maybe because of the difficulties he was having. I just did not see much connection between him and most of offense going on.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n58341 said:
He calls it the way he thinks he sees it. I don't always agree with him, but we must try to respect our member's opinions. I think if we do some things well on the field and present a better product, lots of opinions will change...we just don't know when the hell that will be!

Wait, wait, wait... since when did we start respecting our member's opinions??? I knew there were some knew things happening with the new board but THAT is breaking news to me.

And since when did we decide that we should show respect for one another, yet call our players (the ones who actually sweat, bleed and break bones for the team) hopeless piles of shiit? WTF? REALLY? It was over the top for Coach9 to call Law that, but it's acceptable for Law to say that about a player? That's some straight up bullshiit right there.

"....but we must try to respect our members opinions." That's funny as hell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
He calls it the way he thinks he sees it. I don't always agree with him, but we must try to respect our member's opinions. I think if we do some things well on the field and present a better product, lots of opinions will change...we just don't know when the hell that will be!
Dude, you're crazy. It's the internet.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely a bad decision by Robinson. Although it clearly shows that we can add not having the respect of his teammates to the already lengthy list of reasons to put Driskel on the bench.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n58044 said:
this is true, does anyone else honestly think that a different HC in charge of driskell playing like he did saturday would have left him in there w/o seeing what someone else could do? at least to try and start a spark or maybe give the starter a few minutes to collect himself and discuss with the asst coaches on the sidelines whats going on and what he's seeing out there??? It couldn't have been much worse for him, what was there to lose with trying something different? What is it with muschamp and his inexplainable ability to continue to do the same thing over and over and over... definition of insanity. DEFINITION OF INSANITY!!!
This is it in a nutshell.....I'm not mad about losing to Bama. What I am gdamned mad as hell about is the inability to see something is not working or not at least moving in a direction to change or fix something. OK so the game was over midway through the 4th quarter and it was obvious Driskel wasn't able to do anything with the offense. WHAT BETTER TIME TO GIVE THE BACK UP SOME REPS ??? This doesn't even mean that you are benching Driskel for the rest of the season. It means you're giving your back up reps against quality competition.It might also prove to the rest of your team that if you're not getting the job done someone else will gwt a chance to actually perform because as I see it Driskel is now the biggest area of concern but he's damned sure not the only one !!!!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
DRob should NOT do that. I heard it was deleted but the damage is done. It is a selfish act. Muschamp is close to losing this team. I firmly believe he lost it last year and should have been fired for that alone. He's a terrible leader of men and should be locked out of the athletic facilities. I'm at the point now that Foley should be thrown out with the bath water or forced to retire. He's done a tremendous job here and is a Gator legend. But it may be some time for new blood all around. JMHO only.
Yeah, T. He's hired some great track coaches and volleyball coaches and a great softball coach etc. But like JD, he is prone to critical errors that undermine all the good he's done. It's football that pays the bills and gives Florida its gravitas and he's been a total failure in that department.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSteve said:
Folks shouldn't be shut down for speaking truth. I agree with D Rob. We need a change at QB. There is nothing more terrifying than the prospect of having to watch Ol #6 driskel up another season of Gator football.
that is damn scary all right.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:
Jeff is a hopeless pile of shiiit at QB. You and Mushchimp are the only ones who aren't aware of it.

Jeff is definitely a terrible qb but calling a 21 year old kid a peice of **** is classless. My wolf pack has no room for that.
Excessive rancor is not to be taken personal. I don't think law was speaking of the boy but the QB.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Yeah, he could have some self-awareness and ask to be moved to TE like Jordan Reed did.
That's right. In JD's history, the only thing he does well is run. The scary thing is, he is much improved as a passer. Actually, with added weight, he might make a very good TE.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
t-gator;n57811 said:
Jeff is definitely a terrible qb but calling a 21 year old kid a peice of **** is classless. My wolf pack has no room for that.

Wake up, joke. No one is in your wolfpack.
what's a wolf pack? Is he speaking of the Kipling poem? "The Law of the Jungle"

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:
Jeff is a hopeless pile of shiiit at QB. You and Mushchimp are the only ones who aren't aware of it.

Drob changing his tweet doesn't change anything.

Jeff Driskel is a Gator. He may not be the best Gator QB we've ever had, but he's still a Gator. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call a young man who has suffered numerous injuries while trying to help our Gator football team win games names like that. It's highly insulting to a young man who has been nothing short of an outstanding ambassador for our great university. If you can't see that, you have some anger issues you could stand to have addressed.
what we need is a decent QB, not a great ambassador. we're talking football acumen, not personalities.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
RebelGator said:
Gator Fever;n57781 said:
Yep they are very fragile right now probably and when they get preached to about not making mistakes all the time or you won't be starting and all the rest and then see a QB seemingly never having any consequences for his poor play it would create some friction I would think. They also see everything the fans and media are saying out in social media about the QB situation.

Fragile?

You have a secondary so full of stupid players they can't recognize an opposing player and you're worried about their self esteem?
Really. We're on a sports forum here not Dr. Phil or Oprah Winfrey.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
We've all seen...particularly in college football. When the starter is having a bad game, the backup comes in to try and mix it up a little bit. If successful, great. If not successful, well at least you tried and you can then put the starter back in. To do nothing, and watch your team lose all hope in the middle of the game, is just wrong.

DRob's tweet is a bad move...think it but don't say it...you still have to be a good teammate.
Amen. Such a difference between SOS and the chump. One is results oriented and the other is a loser.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
This criticism of the "tweet" is missing the point. You can't say something without first thinking it. Yes, he made it public but that's the nature of this internet era. You know he's been saying it to teammates long before the tweet. He's just a kid and kid's have a tendency to do stupid things. Having said that, it doesn't mean that they are blind to reality. They came to FLORIDA and want to have the best chance to win. They see what goes on in practice and are more qualified than we are to criticize. This is all on the chump and Fooley for hiring him and keeping him all because of 2012 when the chump was blessed with a defensive guru and a bunch of NFLers recruited by Meyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.