itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:
Jeff is a hopeless pile of shiiit at QB. You and Mushchimp are the only ones who aren't aware of it.

Drob changing his tweet doesn't change anything.

Jeff Driskel is a Gator. He may not be the best Gator QB we've ever had, but he's still a Gator. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call a young man who has suffered numerous injuries while trying to help our Gator football team win games names like that. It's highly insulting to a young man who has been nothing short of an outstanding ambassador for our great university. If you can't see that, you have some anger issues you could stand to have addressed.
100% agree with you Navet. Do I think it's time to try someone else at QB? Yes. Does that me any right to deride a UF student & Gator in uniform simply because he's not playing at the level we all demand from a QB here, but the head coach won't pull him? NO! It's way out of line & disgraceful to the entire Gator Nation IMO.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n57826 said:
Anybody else see the reaction of our WR's yesterday when they were open and the ball went 10 yards over their heads?
I saw their reaction when the ball hit them in the hands. Hot potato comes to mind.
Jeff has more dropped passes than completions. The last people to complain should be the WR's.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp could go a long way towards saving his job by putting in Treon or Grier today. We would be building towards the future and I believe fans would be a little less hostile towards CWM if he went with one of the freshman. I have stood by Driskel from the moment he stuck with us through the Meyer fiasco, but the kid doesnt have it between the ears. If Muschamp is going to hitch his wagon to something it might as well be the future.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
Did you see Driskel's post-game comments? The curtain behind him has more personality. I'm guessing he's not burning it up with leadership in the locker room. DRob shouldn't have tweeted that, and it is a bad omen for the cohesiveness of this group. They didn't fall apart this early last year.
What were you expecting? That he would express confidence about things getting straightened out under Muschamps direction? Clearly you & everyone else admit that will never happen as long as Muschamp is the coach, so exactly what was it you wanted to see out of JD in that presser? Confidence things will get better? I'm confused here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n58758 said:
Muschamp could go a long way towards saving his job by putting in Treon or Grier today. We would be building towards the future and I believe fans would be a little less hostile towards CWM if he went with one of the freshman. I have stood by Driskel from the moment he stuck with us through the Meyer fiasco, but the kid doesnt have it between the ears. If Muschamp is going to hitch his wagon to something it might as well be the future.

I think he would have a better chance of surviving a 7-4 record also if he went with a young QB who showed promise the rest of the season (I don't want him to survive just looking at how Foley would try to justify retaining him).

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:
Jeff is a hopeless pile of shiiit at QB. You and Mushchimp are the only ones who aren't aware of it.

Jeff is definitely a terrible qb but calling a 21 year old kid a peice of **** is classless. My wolf pack has no room for that.
He said Jeff is a piece of shiiit at QB. Totally classless comment. I don't think the QB or Coach can get the job done, but I don't see the need to resort to name calling. What are you ppl in third grade? I would also pay good $ to see him say that to their faces.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
8802Gator;n58758 said:

I think he would have a better chance of surviving a 7-4 record also if he went with a young QB who showed promise the rest of the season (I don't want him to survive just looking at how Foley would try to justify retaining him).
Exactly. The LAST thing he wants to try to sell is 1.5 more years of Driskel.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n58690 said:
What on earth makes you think a freshman will do any worst. :kick:

I agree. If he can hit 1/3 of his passes and throw for a hundred or so yards, he'll already be matching the numbers from last Saturday.

Harris would have to be really bad to do any worse than what we're already getting.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Originally posted by NCOGator View Post
I know in this day an age at Florida that the most popular person on the football team is the back-up QB. We have been saying that since Terry Dean. However, besides Tebow what have they done for us? Look I know I have been pumping Driskel and he played horrible, but do you really think throwing in a true Freshman will save our season? If you look at that game from the other night there were some critical dropped balls that could've kept a few drives alive and kept us in the game. Will changing the QB fix that? I don't think so. Driskel plays bad in tough games...I get it... but IMHO if we throw in a true Freshman QB right now we are giving up on our chances to win the East which is full of unknown teams just like us. :pumper:

soflagator;n58565 said:
As I've said in other threads, if WM was on better footing, he'd bite the bullet the way Zook did after just one SEC loss in 2003. No way he could've predicted we'd finish as strong as we did. But he recognized that Leak was the future and wanted that future to start as quickly as possible.

I've certainly not been a Driskel basher, and do think he's probably the safest play. But that's really a short-sighted view point. Players came to UF to play with Leak. Same with Tebow. And if we hadn't completely imploded last year, they were doing the same with Grier. Players want something to get excited about, and JD is not accomplishing that. At least a FR would create some reason for excitement, both for the current players as well as guys looking to come here.

I resemble these posts. I was surprised to not see Harris in the 4th quarter. I was also disappointed and frustrated at how we played on both sides of the ball last week - coaches not excluded. Gotta get back and get healthy over the next two weeks and go beat the Vols! Yep, I'm still able to pump a little sunshine from way out here in the NW. Go Gators!
:pumper:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do people think that a freshman can't play football? Folks, ya'll realize that 5 of the last 7 Heisman winners were underclassmen, with the last two being redshirt freshmen right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What's the worst a freshman can do? Throw for only 70 yards and make three turnovers? How is that really a big risk?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
I don't like the division any more than the next guy. But this is what happens when a coach loses a team. They no longer trust what he's telling them, nor do they believe in his decisions. As much as I'd rather our guys not tweet at all, and dislike the distraction that Robinson created, I can't blame him (or any other player) for being frustrated. Remember this was the guy that was in the doghouse all last year because of "attitude issues". Seems pretty obvious to me that, unlike his head coach, he has a problem with his team losing.
[bold] Seems pretty obvious to me that, unlike his head coach, he has a problem with his team losing.[/bold]

+1 this is the root of the evil from this coaching staff

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
From a leadership and team mentality, Robinson made a bad decision. But at 19, I can understand a moment of weakness and frustration. At least he didn't go for crablegs...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I hope this isn't true. Jeff is the guy that threw all those passes to D.Rob allowing him to break a single game receiving record last week. How quickly the young forget...
Bench Driskel and give Treon a chance to put some competitive fire in the mix. Driskel has been sitting on his dried out laurels and acts like I guy that doesn't have to produce because his job is secure. Shake his lazy ass up and maybe he'll start getting some sense of urgency in his game.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Law98gator;n57806 said:

Jeff is definitely a terrible qb but calling a 21 year old kid a peice of **** is classless. My wolf pack has no room for that.
Driskel is not a SEC QB under this coach... does that make you bleeding hearts feel better about a guy who doesn't have a grit and nasty win mode and his team mates know it/feel it... the guy is an under achiever... think Huckleberry Finn with his fishing pole in the Mississippi River.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is if the bulk of the team doesn't think he can ball, then putting Treon in alone would spark everyone up... if for no other reason to keep Huckleberry Finn on the sideline.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
I hope this isn't true. Jeff is the guy that threw all those passes to D.Rob allowing him to break a single game receiving record last week. How quickly the young forget...
I don't have any problem with trying Treon. I was just saying it's pretty poor appreciation coming from D.Rob after he'd just set UF's single game receiving record the week prior thanks to Jeff throwing to him.

Swamp A-S

Aug 22, 2014
soflagator said:
NCOGator;n58556 said:
I know in this day an age at Florida that the most popular person on the football team is the back-up QB. We have been saying that since Terry Dean. However, besides Tebow what have they done for us? Look I know I have been pumping Driskel and he played horrible, but do you really think throwing in a true Freshman will save our season? If you look at that game from the other night there were some critical dropped balls that could've kept a few drives alive and kept us in the game. Will changing the QB fix that? I don't think so. Driskel plays bad in tough games...I get it... but IMHO if we throw in a true Freshman QB right now we are giving up on our chances to win the East which is full of unknown teams just like us. :pumper:

As I've said in other threads, if WM was on better footing, he'd bite the bullet the way Zook did after just one SEC loss in 2003. No way he could've predicted we'd finish as strong as we did. But he recognized that Leak was the future and wanted that future to start as quickly as possible.

I've certainly not been a Driskel basher, and do think he's probably the safest play. But that's really a short-sighted view point. Players came to UF to play with Leak. Same with Tebow. And if we hadn't completely imploded last year, they were doing the same with Grier. Players want something to get excited about, and JD is not accomplishing that. At least a FR would create some reason for excitement, both for the current players as well as guys looking to come here.
Great post. Change is needed. Florida football puts such a shlt show on the field now a days we need some kind of boost; and that change quite clearly is a new qb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator