Roper is the real deal

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n43879 said:
We could only muster 279 yards and 20 points against Georgia Southern last year. We only scored 24 against Toledo. The mighty Kentucky Wildcats? Once again it was 24. Today's offensive output was a huge deal and the largest since the Tebow era.
Does this win mean we'll beat Bama? No. Does it mean that we'll beat UGA? No. Does it mean we'll win the SEC East? No. BUT . . . perspective is important. As you posted, we couldn't muster more than 24 against Toledo last year - the Toledo that Mizzou put up 49 on today. And Toledo IS in EMU's MAC. We all know what happened against GA Southern. We haven't put up this kind of score (according to ESPN) since Urban hung a 70-19 score on The Citadel in the '08 NC year. What this game DOES mean is that we have an O that can light up the scoreboard, an O that can put the team in a position to win almost all of our games. And that's what we've been waiting for.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n44044 said:
Does this win mean we'll beat Bama? No. Does it mean that we'll beat UGA? No. Does it mean we'll win the SEC East? No. BUT . . . perspective is important. As you posted, we couldn't muster more than 24 against Toledo last year - the Toledo that Mizzou put up 49 on today. And Toledo IS in EMU's MAC. We all know what happened against GA Southern. We haven't put up this kind of score (according to ESPN) since Urban hung a 70-19 score on The Citadel in the '08 NC year. What this game DOES mean is that we have an O that can light up the scoreboard, an O that can put the team in a position to win almost all of our games. And that's what we've been waiting for.

Don't get too overconfident - Zook rolled the 2 cupcakes we played the year he got fired.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Roper is the real deal. David Cutcliffe is an offensive genius and Roper has been his protégé since 1996. I was not at all happy about you guy's getting him. :ugh:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though we hit some big runs and passes, I thought the rhythm of the play calling was a little bit "off". I was expecting us to work their defense inside-out...in other words, work the middle with runs and passes, then hit the outside or deep. Our big plays were just random and not the result of the play calling setting them up. Something to work on for better opponents. Besides that, it was great to see offensive players running up and down the field and the defense was outstanding.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
To the OP, I agree Roper is the real deal. He's a guy who is worthy of Gator talent, Gator facilities, Gator fan base. . . all fans have wanted is an OC who can made do with the best ingredients and not serve up some crap biscuit on a plate. Tonight we had majestic fluffy wonder on a plate!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is one more thing I failed to mention in my thoughts on the Rope. It is the one big POSITIVE I see from this game [or negative if it doesn't work out]. I hope what we saw today was a vanilla version of what we are going to see when we hit the SEC schedule. I hope we have some more surprises in store and he didn't go through his entire offensive bag, if you will, in this game. If he did then that would be the big negative. I don't think he did so I'm looking forward to UK to see some more of this new machine he's put together for us. Here's to hoping the Rope has enough to let the other SEC teams hang themselves trying to stop us.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
maheo30;n43879 said:
We could only muster 279 yards and 20 points against Georgia Southern last year. We only scored 24 against Toledo. The mighty Kentucky Wildcats? Once again it was 24. Today's offensive output was a huge deal and the largest since the Tebow era.

:exactly: We haven't been able to beat a cupcake like this in years. It feels good to finally be able to destroy a team we're supposed to destroy and get some of the younger players some game time experience.
Well stated!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
This is just further proof of the utter ****tyness of Pease.
Yes, and I hope Leak is getting tutored on this offense. If Roper continues this he will be a HBC soon.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
PaulDrake said:
There is one more thing I failed to mention in my thoughts on the Rope. It is the one big POSITIVE I see from this game [or negative if it doesn't work out]. I hope what we saw today was a vanilla version of what we are going to see when we hit the SEC schedule. I hope we have some more surprises in store and he didn't go through his entire offensive bag, if you will, in this game. If he did then that would be the big negative. I don't think he did so I'm looking forward to UK to see some more of this new machine he's put together for us. Here's to hoping the Rope has enough to let the other SEC teams hang themselves trying to stop us.
I definitely tasted some vanilla in that recipe. Plus the fact that it was his first time out for a test drive with this offense and Summer's first chance to make offensive line adjustments in the heat of battle. Mix in whatever metaphors that come to mind, but all in all, it was a successful outing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Even with the team from EMU the biggest thing I saw and took from it is that he has our players having fun. They are building confidence. When that happens they will play harder and harder. Not buying the rings yet but Roper does appear to come as advertised. He's got a playbook and will use it. And yes Coach WM, this is how you do it. Stay out of his way and yes with a good D you can win TOP and score a sheeeot load of points.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is Roper called a better game than the last few tight as your anus sphincter OC's we've endured...

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
SecVolfan13 said:
Roper is the real deal. David Cutcliffe is an offensive genius and Roper has been his protégé since 1996. I was not at all happy about you guy's getting him. :ugh:
I like your Avatar!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorStud said:
All I know is Roper called a better game than the last few tight as your anus sphincter OC's we've endured...
You got that right. The thing is you knew Pease was bad. But when you actually have a canvass to put up and compare him with Roper, wow. He was really the pitts and worse than I had even realized and I thought he was really bad. Let's not forget that was a Champer hire so I'm still queasy about his decision making ability. I'm already wishing Roper was the HC.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not to be a stick in the mud but if Roper keeps this up this year, next year he will be a head coach somewhere and we'll be left with Muschamp again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2 said:
Not to be a stick in the mud but if Roper keeps this up this year, next year he will be a head coach somewhere and we'll be left with Muschamp again.
It will come back to earth some - I think we have him at least 2 seasons.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud said:
Pease (Univ of WA) beat Eastern Washington 59-52 yesterday. I guess to them he looked great since they scored 59? :dunno: They can keep him. Roper is definitely an upgrade.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n44080 said:
Even though we hit some big runs and passes, I thought the rhythm of the play calling was a little bit "off". I was expecting us to work their defense inside-out...in other words, work the middle with runs and passes, then hit the outside or deep. Our big plays were just random and not the result of the play calling setting them up. Something to work on for better opponents. Besides that, it was great to see offensive players running up and down the field and the defense was outstanding.
So in other words, you had no idea where the play was going. Roper will definitely have to work on becoming more predictable. I bet if you broke down the plays you would see a very efficient spread between inside runs, outside runs, passes to the flat, over the middle, and deep. This crazy concept called working the whole field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SecVolfan13 said:
Looks like a Clown in that Avatar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n44080 said:
Even though we hit some big runs and passes, I thought the rhythm of the play calling was a little bit "off". I was expecting us to work their defense inside-out...
It's ok, Woody Hayes. There are other ways to win a game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
TallyGator;n44080 said:
So in other words, you had no idea where the play was going. Roper will definitely have to work on becoming more predictable. I bet if you broke down the plays you would see a very efficient spread between inside runs, outside runs, passes to the flat, over the middle, and deep. This crazy concept called working the whole field.
BOOM MFER!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.