Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...41009849?tc=cr

I guess Roper has his marching orders. I can't remember someone as hard headed as Muschamp.

"Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper reiterated Thursday night on Gator Hotline that he has complete confidence in quarterback Jeff Driskel. Many fans and critics have called for the redshirt junior’s job after his poor performance in the loss to Alabama two weeks ago.
Asked if he’s prepared to play backup Treon Harris against Tennessee if Driskel struggles again Saturday, Roper said he doesn’t have that mindset and playing time for Harris would only come if Driskel gets injured.
“My focus right now is on Jeff playing as well as he can possibly play,” Roper said. “My focus is not, ‘Hey, if it goes bad, what are we going to do?’ Our focus as a staff is to prepare Jeff as best as we possibly can and have good thoughts going into the game.”
Driskel told the media Monday he has stayed off social media lately, calling it “an unnecessary distraction.” Roper said it comes with the territory of playing quarterback."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a good chance Roper just agrees with keeping Driskel in. I mean, we are hyping up Treon based on two throws in the 4th quarter (I think) of a blowout win against a cupcake team. Roper sees them all at practice and has said that he thinks Treon isn't mentally ready yet. We should at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Roper has done nothing to makes us doubt him other than not bend to the will of media and fans.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67526 said:
There's a good chance Roper just agrees with keeping Driskel in. I mean, we are hyping up Treon based on two throws in the 4th quarter (I think) of a blowout win against a cupcake team. Roper sees them all at practice and has said that he thinks Treon isn't mentally ready yet. We should at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Roper has done nothing to makes us doubt him other than not bend to the will of media and fans.

I doubt it based on some of his statements not being PC enough. I doubt he puts up much of a fight but he has his marching orders imo.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67518 said:
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2...41009849?tc=cr

I guess Roper has his marching orders. I can't remember someone as hard headed as Muschamp.

"Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper reiterated Thursday night on Gator Hotline that he has complete confidence in quarterback Jeff Driskel. Many fans and critics have called for the redshirt junior’s job after his poor performance in the loss to Alabama two weeks ago.
Asked if he’s prepared to play backup Treon Harris against Tennessee if Driskel struggles again Saturday, Roper said he doesn’t have that mindset and playing time for Harris would only come if Driskel gets injured.
“My focus right now is on Jeff playing as well as he can possibly play,” Roper said. “My focus is not, ‘Hey, if it goes bad, what are we going to do?’ Our focus as a staff is to prepare Jeff as best as we possibly can and have good thoughts going into the game.”
Driskel told the media Monday he has stayed off social media lately, calling it “an unnecessary distraction.” Roper said it comes with the territory of playing quarterback."

I don't see marching orders here, i see an OC just saying I'm not planning on Driskel playing bad. I would expect the OC to say things like this Thursday before the game. I still hope Harris gets in and gets some quality time with the 1's. But this is saying what is the correct thing to say before game time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose to Tenn with some Driskeling going on and they don't make a change for the LSU game the crowd is going to get very loud about the situation if things start going bad against LSU. Hopefully it is directly aimed at Muschamp.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I listened to the whole interview. He spreads blame around including on his own playcalling. He said he was too aggressive at Bama and that made Jeff aggressive in throws. There were routes run wrong, and drops as well. It's not a one person deal.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67531 said:
I don't see marching orders here, i see an OC just saying I'm not planning on Driskel playing bad. I would expect the OC to say things like this Thursday before the game. I still hope Harris gets in and gets some quality time with the 1's. But this is saying what is the correct thing to say before game time.

Pumper

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67532 said:
If we lose to Tenn with some Driskeling going on and they don't make a change for the LSU game the crowd is going to get very loud about the situation if things start going bad against LSU. Hopefully it is directly aimed at Muschamp.

As the crowd should.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n67533 said:
I listened to the whole interview. He spreads blame around including on his own playcalling. He said he was too aggressive at Bama and that made Jeff aggressive in throws. There were routes run wrong, and drops as well. It's not a one person deal.

watch out such comments will have the authority telling you that you are pumping for Muschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67530 said:
I doubt it based on some of his statements not being PC enough. I doubt he puts up much of a fight but he has his marching orders imo.
You sound worse than law right now. How the hell do you know he's getting marching orders and how in the world do you think he didn't put up a fight? Why would he fight with the head coach at all?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67531 said:

exactly. Why would he want to put any more doubt in the mind of the most fragile qb in the SEC.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt about those are marching orders. What kind of coaching staff doesn't FOCUS on getting the backup ready for when the starter starts to suck AGAIN? Roper had seen film of JD before arriving in Gville that is why he went after Harris. But until Foley fires WM Roper has to toe the line.

And all that talk about getting a backup ready in case of injury.. well, where is that playing time been? Another sign the WM is not HBC material.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n67537 said:
watch out such comments will have the authority telling you that you are pumping for Muschamp.

:worried:

I want the Gators to do well regardless of who the coach is.

Unless it's Kiffin.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n67540 said:
You sound worse than law right now. How the hell do you know he's getting marching orders and how in the world do you think he didn't put up a fight? Why would he fight with the head coach at all?

Because Muschamp is the common denominator with Driskel starting despite horrible play. He isn't going to put up much of a fight if it is made clear Driskel is the QB by Muschamp just like he ran it up the middle 3 times in a row for hardly any gain when Muschamp made it clear he wanted that done. Roper I bet is saying inside I can't believe I am being forced to use a QB who cant even get my basic zone read plays down.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n67544 said:
No doubt about those are marching orders. What kind of coaching staff doesn't FOCUS on getting the backup ready for when the starter starts to suck AGAIN? Roper had seen film of JD before arriving in Gville that is why he went after Harris. But until Foley fires WM Roper has to toe the line.

And all that talk about getting a backup ready in case of injury.. well, where is that playing time been? Another sign the WM is not HBC material.

If we go on a losing streak I am starting to think Foley may let Roper finish out the year instead of Muschamp. I wouldn't have thought that prior to the Bama game.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, we've only lost 1 games this year and it was to freaking Alabama. A bit soon to panic too much.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n67544 said:

Other than EMU where has that time been. A close game against Kentucky, or a hostile atmosphere at Alabama. This might be the first game that would be a good time to put him in.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
God OP you seem like such an insufferable c*nt fixated on the same damn thing. Of your 1356 posts 1352 must all say the same exact thing. Get over it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.