Roper says don't expect Harris short of an injury

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n67670 said:
No dude, what I'm getting at is we've played 3 games this season with only 1 loss to the #3 team in the country which was a penciled in loss anyway. And even if we do lose tomorrow (which would be horrible for many reasons) Gators still aren't even out of the SEC East hunt. There's still a chance that we could win the SEC East and I'd bet people would still be pissed about it. Comments would shift to "oh great, now he won't get fired" if Gators wins the East. It seems to me that no matter what happens people will find a reason to down the coach. We should hope for success not failure.

You are missing the point. Whenever have we had to "pencil in a loss?" Think about that. Our program since 1990 has NEVER had to "pencil in a loss." The other SEC teams think we are a joke. We are the laughing stock of the SEC east. This is where we are. I'm so sick over this I can hardly breathe. That's why I can't even stand to listen to Champer even speak anymore.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
PaulDrake;n67849 said:
You are missing the point. Whenever have we had to "pencil in a loss?" Think about that. Our program since 1990 has NEVER had to "pencil in a loss." The other SEC teams think we are a joke. We are the laughing stock of the SEC east. This is where we are. I'm so sick over this I can hardly breathe. That's why I can't even stand to listen to Champer even speak anymore.

It never feels good to pencil in a loss as opposed to referring to as a game that concerns you. But there is a talent gap between the two teams. It will take one more recruiting cycle to get our numbers right. Usually the only way to overcome a talent gap is out coach them or have a difference maker at QB. Well ...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n67853 said:
It never feels good to pencil in a loss as opposed to referring to as a game that concerns you. But there is a talent gap between the two teams. It will take one more recruiting cycle to get our numbers right. Usually the only way to overcome a talent gap is out coach them or have a difference maker at QB. Well ...

Did you happen to catch the UK game. Champer was seriously outcoached in that game. THAT's our problem.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
PaulDrake;n67861 said:
Did you happen to catch the UK game. Champer was seriously outcoached in that game. THAT's our problem.

I don't know about being outcoached during the game. But he didn't have the secondary ready to play on a consistent basis. I will give you that,

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n67853 said:
It will take one more recruiting cycle to get our numbers right.
Oh, Coach. I've gotta give you credit for standing your ground. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't embarrassed for you at this point.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n67867 said:
Oh, Coach. I've gotta give you credit for standing your ground. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't embarrassed for you at this point.

Why don't look at the progression of numbers at various positions over the last few years and how next year's class is coming along before you give your flippant little response. I guess that might take some effort. Easier to just rally your snide little torch bearers

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n67868 said:
Why don't look at the progression of numbers at various positions over the last few years and how next year's class is coming along before you give your flippant little response. I guess that might take some effort. Easier to just rally your snide little torch bearers
I really wasn't trying to be snide, or "rally" anyone. But with all the holes we have, combined with our current pathetic class, I'm just continually amazed at the conclusions you draw. Muschamp has been here long enough to develop an informed opinion on where we're headed. He isn't a new coach anymore.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n67871 said:
I really wasn't trying to be snide, or "rally" anyone. But with all the holes we have, combined with our current pathetic class, I'm just continually amazed at the conclusions you draw. Muschamp has been here long enough to develop an informed opinion on where we're headed. He isn't a new coach anymore.

Did well last year recruiting O-lineman and off to a solid start this year with the o-line. Look to be on schedule with the numbers at that position which has been our biggest shortfall. Missed on a couple of safeties last cycle which we seem to be feeling so far this season. We look to be in good shape with our other need positions this cycle if the season goes well. I believe 3 of the top 6 players in the country are considered heavy leans in our direction. I try to bring something to the table with my posts. Yeah, I like to spin positive. But I try to include reasons for my optimism. People throw opinions around like facts. Being an engineer I'm a little more discerning on what conclusions are facts and which are assumptions based on the data. This allows me to hold out hope longer than most.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Most assumptions here are based on emotion.

I'm constantly being pulled back and forth!

:dance2:

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n67890 said:
The Data show that we blow chunks. Losing to Vandy? GSU? Having a moribund offense against decent teams? Transferring QBs improving? Circling certain losses as soon as the schedule is publicized? Now we consider beating TN as improving? The results speak for themselves.

[video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you're+living+in+the+past+man&FORM=VIRE4#view=detail&mid=115CE7CC431842BBCA0E115CE7CC431842BBCA0E[/video]

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n67845 said:
I think WM will be allowed 3-4 losses this year and keep his HC job. JD keeps his job. The buyout is being dodged.

That makes the most sense to me, as well.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n67849 said:
The other SEC teams think we are a joke. We are the laughing stock of the SEC east. .

and west !

In fact, awhile back, it moved away from just joking, to expressing sadness for us and encouraging us that we will be back up..

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n67853 said:

One more? I know I am pretty ignorant about football, but first it was next year, and then it was it really takes 3 years, and then it was injuries, and now in the 4th year, it is still about lack of a full recruiting cycle? Does it ordinarily take 5 yeas? (serious question) I thought most coaches don't get that long. Is that correct or incorrect?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n67924 said:
One more? I know I am pretty ignorant about football, but first it was next year, and then it was it really takes 3 years, and then it was injuries, and now in the 4th year, it is still about lack of a full recruiting cycle? Does it ordinarily take 5 yeas? (serious question) I thought most coaches don't get that long. Is that correct or incorrect?

Most positions it doesn't take that long. But there's no quick fixes for issues on the o-line because it's very rare for a freshman to contribute there. They rarely have the strength necessary even if they have the size. Last year was the first cycle that they got the proper numbers at the position. It's not that they didn't recruit the position the previous years. They just swung and missed with the guys they went after. They look like they will get another good size o-line class this cycle which should put them at the depth numbers they look for.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;67928 said:
Most positions it doesn't take that long. But there's no quick fixes for issues on the o-line because it's very rare for a freshman to contribute there. They rarely have the strength necessary even if they have the size. Last year was the first cycle that they got the proper numbers at the position. It's not that they didn't recruit the position the previous years. They just swung and missed with the guys they went after. They look like they will get another good size o-line class this cycle which should put them at the depth numbers they look for.
But won't they suck next year since like you just said freshman lineman don't contribute? So we are really looking at two more years of Muschamp.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
G 2;n67935 said:
But won't they suck next year since like you just said freshman lineman don't contribute? So we are really looking at two more years of Muschamp.

No. Because this year's class should be able to contribute. Next year's is for developmental depth.You really don't want to take a year off from o-line recruiting. Need to keep stocking the big uglies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator